PARKWAY DRIVE - CONFIRMED AS BLOODSTOCK 2019 SATURDAY NIGHT HEADLINER

August 8 - 11, Catton Park, Walton on Trent, Derbyshire
MadManiac
Warrior of Metal

Re: PARKWAY DRIVE - CONFIRMED AS BLOODSTOCK 2019 SATURDAY NIGHT HEADLINER

Postby MadManiac » Tue Feb 19, 2019 7:26 pm

You watched one Parkway Drive song on youtube and you think it was utter wank. So what if you don't like them go to some other stage and watch some other band. They are headlineing B.O.A deal with it. Just cuz you think they are utter wank don't mean that other people think in the same way.

Gandalf the Red
Denim Demon

Postby Gandalf the Red » Tue Feb 19, 2019 8:14 pm

MadManiac wrote:You watched one Parkway Drive song on youtube and you think it was utter wank. So what if you don't like them go to some other stage and watch some other band. They are headlineing B.O.A deal with it. Just cuz you think they are utter wank don't mean that other people think in the same way.

Can't you read?

There are NO bands on other stages when the headliners are on. That was actually pointed out on the page that you are quoting from. It's always been like that apart from one year when they had alternative bands on the tent stage.

Have you even been to BOA? If you had you would know that. 2008 sign up and has never attended? :?
“He likes having the ball, playing football, passes. It’s like an orchestra. But it’s a silent song. But I like heavy metal more. I always want it loud.” - Jürgen Klopp

Gandalf the Red
Denim Demon

Postby Gandalf the Red » Tue Feb 19, 2019 8:16 pm

fluffkitten wrote:There are no bands on in the tent while the RJD headliner is on unfortunately.

Here's the quote.
“He likes having the ball, playing football, passes. It’s like an orchestra. But it’s a silent song. But I like heavy metal more. I always want it loud.” - Jürgen Klopp

houston4044
Denim Demon

Postby houston4044 » Tue Feb 19, 2019 9:45 pm

Bisset wrote:
i0th wrote:I would 100% rather watch Parkway than listen to Pantera.

All things on the table I'd take an electric screwdriver to the kneecaps than do either of those things.

So the options Saturday night are PwD on the Main stage, some (presumably) drunken Pantera sing alongs on the Sophie stage and Bisset's kneecaps getting done in on the New (literal) Blood stage.

...Gonna need a bigger new blood stage

bloodfiend
Denim Demon

Postby bloodfiend » Tue Feb 19, 2019 9:50 pm

MadManiac wrote:You watched one Parkway Drive song on youtube and you think it was utter wank. So what if you don't like them go to some other stage and watch some other band. They are headlineing B.O.A deal with it. Just cuz you think they are utter wank don't mean that other people think in the same way.

Keep getting worked up, it's sexy.

varangian
Warrior of Metal

Postby varangian » Tue Feb 19, 2019 10:21 pm

Puppet Show and Jazz Odyssey, best announcement they could now make

Gandalf the Red
Denim Demon

Postby Gandalf the Red » Tue Feb 19, 2019 10:51 pm

Crème Brulee for the Sophie stage. :guitar:

It's a shit business...

robin8585
Knight of the Eemerald Svord

Postby robin8585 » Wed Feb 20, 2019 10:28 am

Gandalf the Red wrote:
fluffkitten wrote:There are no bands on in the tent while the RJD headliner is on unfortunately.

Here's the quote.

Always been one of my biggest bugbears. Even if I want to see the Sophie headliner, that huge gap at that time after a long day is a real enthusiasm killer. I've found a few times that by the time the Sophie band gets on stage I've already kinda checked out.

bloodfiend
Denim Demon

Postby bloodfiend » Wed Feb 20, 2019 11:37 am

I remember in 2014 Rotting Christ were on at the same time as Down, which was great, as the tent was packed out for RC, they were awesome and we got to avoid Down.

They should do that again, it'll probably mean Taake get the biggest crowd they've ever had.

fluffkitten
Leather Rebel

Postby fluffkitten » Wed Feb 20, 2019 12:03 pm

I was really happy with RC on at the same time as Down and I know a couple of people who found Hellyeah a good alternative to Emperor, unfortunately it all fell apart on the Sunday when (for whatever reason) Satan didn't play at the same time as Megadeth. From my point of view it is a pity Bloodstock stopped doing this.

There are always one or more headliners that don't interest me (Nightwish last year) and since I'm there mostly for the bands there isn't a load to do while waiting for the Sophie headliner.
a caffeine addict and known hater of mornings :coffee:

i0th
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby i0th » Wed Feb 20, 2019 12:19 pm

fluffkitten wrote:unfortunately it all fell apart on the Sunday when (for whatever reason) Satan didn't play at the same time as Megadeth. From my point of view it is a pity Bloodstock stopped doing this.

Megadave kicked up a stink about someone else playing the same time as them.
Hell ain't a bad place to be(er)

BS 02 03 04 | BGOA | WOA 04 05 06 07 12 | MoR 06 | LE | BOA 09 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 | R1BW 11 19 | Soni 11 | HRH 13 15 | HL 14 15 17 18 19 | HF 15 | HRHDvS 16 | HRHM 18

fluffkitten
Leather Rebel

Postby fluffkitten » Wed Feb 20, 2019 12:26 pm

I did hear that but was being charitable. Had wanted to see Satan anyway but even more so because Megadeth are the only major thrash band I don't like, was pretty disappointed to say the least.
a caffeine addict and known hater of mornings :coffee:

Cassius
Consort of the Beast

Postby Cassius » Wed Feb 20, 2019 1:23 pm

Its not something Bloodstock can really win with

I remember there being loads of complaints on here when the Sophie headliner clashed with the main stage as people didnt like missing out

I think overall this is the best way of doing things as people get to see more bands and there is no chance of the sophie headliner getting a tiny crowd if the main stage headliner is particularly popular

Gandalf the Red
Denim Demon

Postby Gandalf the Red » Wed Feb 20, 2019 1:37 pm

No other major festival does it though. If you don't like the headliners then you have two hours or so without a band. People tend to go back to their tent or leave. You really want people in the arena spending money on beer.

Just put a band that is totally different on and you won't get many complaints.

As examples, a Death Metal band on when Sabaton is on. Thrash Metal when the Scorps are on and something for when Parkway Drive are on (say traditional Metal or NWOBHM).

Tankplanker
Consort of the Beast

Postby Tankplanker » Wed Feb 20, 2019 1:52 pm

Its why I have put my tickets up for sale (via See Tickets resale if anybody wants them at a slight discount compared to buying direct, checked with Bloodstock that this is a supported reseller) as I'm not prepared to waste my Saturday stuck with nothing to do for a big chunk of the evening.

Doesn't help that the rest of the day is similar bands I'm not interested in or repeats I'm seeing at other festivals this year let alone previous years.

If they put on a small ish band on one of the other stages who was an opposite genre at the same time as the headliners I'd probably be still going. Or even if it had been on the Sunday, as I hate Nightwish and I just went home early. Saturday I'm trapped. Instead I'm off to Brutal Assault if I can shift my tickets.