BLOODSTOCK want you to Raise Your Horns!

August 8 - 11, Catton Park, Walton on Trent, Derbyshire
administrator
Site Admin

BLOODSTOCK want you to Raise Your Horns!

Postby administrator » Thu Mar 28, 2019 9:37 am

Over at BLOODSTOCK HQ, we're constantly thinking of new ways to help spread the word of the festival and we're asking for your help with our next idea! We want you to get vocal and shout about your loyalty! Check out what we mean via the YouTube video clip below:

https://youtu.be/QNitjpkSBpk

All you need to do (either alone or together with some mates, or pets, or family members - be creative) is warm up your vocal cords, switch on your phone video, raise your horns and shout your best 'BLOODSTOCK'! Then share the video clip to your social media (being sure to set your post to 'public', so we can see it) with the #BLOODSTOCKRAISEYOURHORNS hashtag (so we can find it) and then additionally, email your video clip and your contact details to webmaster@bloodstock.uk.com.

The best clips will be edited together into a fun video compilation, showcasing all our fans and their BOA loyalty! Our favourite clips will win from an array of BLOODSTOCK related prizes, including VIP tickets for this year! What are you waiting for? Get posting!! Closing date for posting your entry on social media is 11th April 2019. Winners will be notified by return email.

Gandalf the Red
Denim Demon

Re: BLOODSTOCK want you to Raise Your Horns!

Postby Gandalf the Red » Thu Mar 28, 2019 1:57 pm

administrator wrote:
What are you waiting for?

Because I'm not twelve?

Don't you think this stuff is really patronising and makes people outside the mythical "Metal Community" think we are a bunch of morons?
“He likes having the ball, playing football, passes. It’s like an orchestra. But it’s a silent song. But I like heavy metal more. I always want it loud.” - Jürgen Klopp

CharlesDexterWard
Leather Rebel

Postby CharlesDexterWard » Thu Mar 28, 2019 2:41 pm

Seconded, I'm 46 and the thought of this nonsense makes me cringe.

This is the sort of stuff I expect in Kerrang.
You shall fetch me your universe's ultimate cup of coffee... black.
You have 5 Earth minutes...Make it perfect!

Jay1993
Knight of the Eemerald Svord

Postby Jay1993 » Thu Mar 28, 2019 5:59 pm

Gandalf the Red wrote:
administrator wrote:
What are you waiting for?

Because I'm not twelve?

Lmao! :lol:

WorMzy
Denim Demon

Postby WorMzy » Thu Mar 28, 2019 8:54 pm

This is even more cringeworthy than the yearly "take a selfie with your tickets" thing. :|
"I don't always go to clubs... but when I do, I enter through the ladies room"
~ Adam Jenson

J.Ross29
Powermetal Child

Postby J.Ross29 » Fri Mar 29, 2019 5:26 pm

*Warning Grumpy old man brigade out in force AGAIN*

Not content with simply ignoring the thing they don't want to do, the grumpy old codger when threatened will also comment on a public forum in order to let a wider number of people know just how grumpy they are.

We get it old timers, you are grumpy.
You might not be twelve but you don't half go off like you are sometimes :devil:

Gandalf the Red
Denim Demon

Postby Gandalf the Red » Fri Mar 29, 2019 6:22 pm

J.Ross29 wrote:*Warning Grumpy old man brigade out in force AGAIN*

Not content with simply ignoring the thing they don't want to do, the grumpy old codger when threatened will also comment on a public forum in order to let a wider number of people know just how grumpy they are.

You might not be twelve but you don't half go off like you are sometimes :devil:

And you are?

Been here for about a month and only signed up when Parkway Shite was announced.

If you don't like it here then kindly fuck off. Some of us have been here from the start and can comment on what the fuck we want to...

I bet they'll start that fucking Easter Bunny bollocks next week as well.
“He likes having the ball, playing football, passes. It’s like an orchestra. But it’s a silent song. But I like heavy metal more. I always want it loud.” - Jürgen Klopp

J.Ross29
Powermetal Child

Postby J.Ross29 » Fri Mar 29, 2019 7:09 pm

Gandalf the Red wrote:

And you are?

Been here for about a month and only signed up when Parkway Shite was announced.

If you don't like it here then kindly fuck off. Some of us have been here from the start and can comment on what the fuck we want to...

I bet they'll start that fucking Easter Bunny bollocks next week as well.

Whoopsy touched a nerve there??

Fantastic detective work chief I have only been on a month but this year will be my 6th bloodstock. Hopefully my credentials are in order.

For what it’s worth this forum would be dull without your pearls of wisdom so please don’t feel like I’m trying to tell you not to post anything. If anything you should post more. It’s very entertaining!

I do love a good Easter egg hunt!!

Black Wizard
Leather Rebel

Postby Black Wizard » Sat Mar 30, 2019 12:57 pm

Gandalf the Red wrote:Don't you think this stuff is really patronising and makes people outside the mythical "Metal Community" think we are a bunch of morons?

CharlesDexterWard wrote:the thought of this nonsense makes me cringe.

This is the sort of stuff I expect in Kerrang.
WorMzy wrote:This is even more cringeworthy than the yearly "take a selfie with your tickets" thing. :|

Agreed, agreed and agreed. Really dumb promo idea. I hope the people who submit entries look back on this in the future and feel ashamed of themselves. You just know that montages of people doing this will be played on the mainstage big screens between the bands.

bloodfiend
Denim Demon

Postby bloodfiend » Sat Mar 30, 2019 1:07 pm

I don't think you need to be a grumpy 76 year old grandad to think that the festival asking people to take videos of themselves behaving like lobotomised meathead spastics going "RAUURRRRR BLOODSTOCK!!!!!!!" is pretty fucking cringeworthy and lame.

It's nice that the festival want to do competitions to give away tickets, but if the competitions involve wanting to make people look like dancing circus monkeys, then I'd rather just buy tickets than lower myself to that level.