Clashfinder

August 8 - 11, Catton Park, Walton on Trent, Derbyshire
User avatar
Haldamir319
Hell Bent for Leather
Posts: 2606
Joined: Fri Apr 03, 2009 1:42 pm
Location: Sheffield
Contact:

Re: Clashfinder

Postby Haldamir319 » Thu Aug 01, 2019 8:52 am

Yeah, I suspect there'll be two main differences -

1. As mentioned, the Sunday will be out as Ross the Boss has a longer set than normal.

2. EVERY. SINGLE. YEAR. There's 2 or 3 bands in the wrong position (running order wise) on the website and we only find out when times are released. Usually there's 1 band that's either billed near the top that's actually near the bottom or vice versa.
Image

User avatar
Haldamir319
Hell Bent for Leather
Posts: 2606
Joined: Fri Apr 03, 2009 1:42 pm
Location: Sheffield
Contact:

Re: Clashfinder

Postby Haldamir319 » Thu Aug 01, 2019 10:19 am

i0th wrote:
Haldamir319 wrote:2. EVERY. SINGLE. YEAR. There's 2 or 3 bands in the wrong position (running order wise) on the website and we only find out when times are released. Usually there's 1 band that's either billed near the top that's actually near the bottom or vice versa.


I'd suggest it's Tesseract but despite them being stupidly high it currently works out well for me as I'll be watching Sulpher instead anyway. Bumping up Bodom would make them clash.


It's not usually the main stage. It's usually either the Sophie or New Blood bands. Main stage is pretty reliable for running order, historically.
Image

User avatar
houston4044
Denim Demon
Posts: 4330
Joined: Sun Apr 27, 2014 1:58 pm

Re: Clashfinder

Postby houston4044 » Thu Aug 01, 2019 11:22 pm

Haldamir319 wrote:Yeah, I suspect there'll be two main differences -

1. As mentioned, the Sunday will be out as Ross the Boss has a longer set than normal.


Last time they did it (I think) was 2016 for Satyricon, they got an hour and the preceding and following bands got less time; Metal Allegiance did 40 instead of 45 and Dragonforce did 45 instead of an hour.

Might not work now as Aborted are already on the shortest set on main at 40 and Soilwork are only doing 45. Better not shorten Hypocrisy or Dee Snider to make up for it :x

User avatar
someone else
Denim Demon
Posts: 6013
Joined: Sun Jun 26, 2005 2:33 pm
Location: Chester, UK
Contact:

Re: Clashfinder

Postby someone else » Fri Aug 02, 2019 7:54 am

houston4044 wrote:
Haldamir319 wrote:Yeah, I suspect there'll be two main differences -

1. As mentioned, the Sunday will be out as Ross the Boss has a longer set than normal.


Last time they did it (I think) was 2016 for Satyricon, they got an hour and the preceding and following bands got less time; Metal Allegiance did 40 instead of 45 and Dragonforce did 45 instead of an hour.

Might not work now as Aborted are already on the shortest set on main at 40 and Soilwork are only doing 45. Better not shorten Hypocrisy or Dee Snider to make up for it :x


Satyricon and Fear Factory both got longer sets than is typical in their slots as I think they were both doing full album sets
She wanted nothing...and I delivered

http://www.last.fm/user/apm11

User avatar
houston4044
Denim Demon
Posts: 4330
Joined: Sun Apr 27, 2014 1:58 pm

Re: Clashfinder

Postby houston4044 » Fri Aug 02, 2019 12:42 pm

someone else wrote:
houston4044 wrote:
Haldamir319 wrote:Yeah, I suspect there'll be two main differences -

1. As mentioned, the Sunday will be out as Ross the Boss has a longer set than normal.


Last time they did it (I think) was 2016 for Satyricon, they got an hour and the preceding and following bands got less time; Metal Allegiance did 40 instead of 45 and Dragonforce did 45 instead of an hour.

Might not work now as Aborted are already on the shortest set on main at 40 and Soilwork are only doing 45. Better not shorten Hypocrisy or Dee Snider to make up for it :x


Satyricon and Fear Factory both got longer sets than is typical in their slots as I think they were both doing full album sets


I know, I was focusing on how they accommodated their extra time rather than why they were given extra time.

User avatar
houston4044
Denim Demon
Posts: 4330
Joined: Sun Apr 27, 2014 1:58 pm

Re: Clashfinder

Postby houston4044 » Fri Aug 02, 2019 12:46 pm

i0th wrote:There's space if Scorps just start at 915 rather than 9 and everyone shuffles back a little bit.


They'd shoot themselves in the foot if they did that; shortening the set of the day's biggest and most expensive act so an act much further down the bill gets a longer set.

kurrupo
Consort of the Beast
Posts: 325
Joined: Mon Aug 07, 2017 4:09 pm

Re: Clashfinder

Postby kurrupo » Mon Aug 05, 2019 11:59 am

i0th wrote:OK main differences from the clashfinder are Jager stage finally being moved to fit in the main stage gaps, Giving Ross the Boss extra time and Resin and Inferiem opening both their respective stages (all other bands shuffled up one place.

Differences in set times are:

Friday
Sabaton 2110-2240
Eyes of the Raven 1540-1610
Graves 1700-1730
Beggar 1830-1900

Saturday
Skeletal Remains 2000-2100
Inferiem opening (same times)

Sunday
All Hail The Yeti 1040-1120
Aborted 1135-1215
Ross the Boss 1235-1330
Soilwork 1350-1435
Resin opening (same times)
Crimson Tusk 1435-1500
Jackal's Backbone 1540-1610
Victus 1655-172
Jailbirds 1830-1905


Sorry if I missed any.


Cheers. Its all updated on the clashfinder now, so assuming the times on the app are 100% correct, the clashfinder should be safe to use

User avatar
houston4044
Denim Demon
Posts: 4330
Joined: Sun Apr 27, 2014 1:58 pm

Re: Clashfinder

Postby houston4044 » Mon Aug 05, 2019 4:06 pm

That's my weekend planned then.

Thank you Kurrupo :yes:

kurrupo
Consort of the Beast
Posts: 325
Joined: Mon Aug 07, 2017 4:09 pm

Re: Clashfinder

Postby kurrupo » Mon Aug 05, 2019 4:18 pm

No problem! Glad it's been useful for everyone :)

User avatar
Tet
Denim Demon
Posts: 8833
Joined: Wed Mar 31, 2004 8:09 pm
Location: Harrow
Contact:

Re: Clashfinder

Postby Tet » Mon Aug 05, 2019 5:15 pm

Here are this year's VIP stage band times:

Thursday:
22:30 Icons On Tour - The Essence Of Springsteen

Friday:
18:45 NPKR
20:00 The Brothers Keg
22:45 Heavy Duty

Saturday:
18:45 Slay Duggee
20:00 Disgraceland
22:45 Gorilla

Sunday:
18:30 The Lost Boys
20:00 Forged In Black

I'm not sure how long their sets will be, but at a guess, 30-45 minutes.
CH3NO2 -- It's the only way to be sure
You laugh at me because I'm different. I pity you, you're all the same...

Jay1993
Knight of the Eemerald Svord
Posts: 732
Joined: Sun Jul 06, 2014 8:21 pm

Re: Clashfinder

Postby Jay1993 » Mon Aug 05, 2019 5:47 pm

Gutted about the Sunday clashes now the times have updated.

Ross The Boss/Witchtripper
Hypocrisy/Boss Keloid

Probably gonna watch all of Witchtripper then last bit of Ross the Boss and first 20 mins of Hypocrisy then all of Boss Keloid.

Thanks for updating this. A massive help to me as my ancient iPhone isn't even able to download the latest BOA app. :lol:

User avatar
WorMzy
Denim Demon
Posts: 5007
Joined: Sun Aug 19, 2007 4:11 pm
Location: Dundee
Contact:

Re: Clashfinder

Postby WorMzy » Tue Aug 06, 2019 6:46 pm

Thanks for adding the signing tent times. A note of caution for people who have synced their highlights to their calendars though -- some highlights have jumped to the signing tent entries, so e.g. Rotting Christ on the Sophie stage became unselected, and the signing tent entry became selected instead (so my calendar was showing Rotting Christ at 18:30-19:00). Very odd.
"I don't always go to clubs... but when I do, I enter through the ladies room"
~ Adam Jenson