First Timers Coming For The Day

August 8 - 11, Catton Park, Walton on Trent, Derbyshire
olaery
Lowly Peon

First Timers Coming For The Day

Postby olaery » Sun Aug 04, 2019 5:34 pm

Good evening all, I was hoping that someone could help me with something please. I have 2 very important topics.

A bunch of us are coming for the day on Saturday, never been to BOA before. Can someone let me know please:

What the traffic is like into the drop off points?
Once at the drop off point how long will it take to get into the arena?
Is there a spot close to BOA that is easier for taxis back OUT etc?

Also almost as importantly, what are people's opinions on a band like Parkway headlining BOA? Are the purists upset or are they embraced?

Thanks all :)

Cassius
Consort of the Beast

Re: First Timers Coming For The Day

Postby Cassius » Sun Aug 04, 2019 5:57 pm

1) Not sure on traffic

2) Drop is about a 15 min walk away

3) As far as I know the taxis have to go to the drop off not anywhere closer

4) There has been a lot of blacklash against them as they represent the festival moving in a different direction to normal but id still expect them to get an alright crowd as the Saturday lineup has been tailored to sell day tickers for them

WorMzy
Denim Demon

Postby WorMzy » Sun Aug 04, 2019 6:50 pm

Check out the site map: https://www.bloodstock.uk.com/downloads ... p_2019.jpg

It shows the taxi drop off in the top right. It should give you some idea of the distance to the entrance from there. I can't give any indication of the traffic to expect as I've only ever camped for the weekend.
"I don't always go to clubs... but when I do, I enter through the ladies room"
~ Adam Jenson

someone else
Denim Demon

Postby someone else » Sun Aug 04, 2019 7:12 pm

On a Saturday the drop off point should be clear- tbh there's nothing to stop you being dropped off anywhere along the road- do it most years, but you probably w/o t be able to get picked up as there's no waiting area except the drop off point.
She wanted nothing...and I delivered

http://www.last.fm/user/apm11

varangian
Consort of the Beast

Postby varangian » Sun Aug 04, 2019 9:08 pm

Personally not what I want to see at all if ever, but the appeal of the Festival is vast and I respect that some people might enjoy this or at least give it a fair listen to decide

Really cannot tell if they`ll play to a massive or empty field, been a lot of talk on here about the quality on Saturday`s line up (personally for me it`s fine apart from PD)
Personally if I`m not bothered I just go and watch something else/go to the toilet/find something to laugh at/get more drunk

Hope you all have a great enjoyable day, pretty sure you`ll enjoy it

Noodle
I am the Law!

Postby Noodle » Sun Aug 04, 2019 10:07 pm

Welcome!

Traffic into Bloodstock shouldn't be too bad as the vast majority of us will already be parked up and inside.

Once you've been dropped off, depending on luggage, 5 or 10 minutes max to get to main entrance and into the arena.

You'll get a taxi from the same place you were dropped off.

Parkway Drive aren't my thing but I'm sure they'll be popular. This forum is historically biased towards or against certain bands and styles - however, we've always represented a tiny proportion of festival attendees.
If it sounds good, listen to it
MetalBeast wrote: I got told off by the landlady for banging mine on the ceiling.
tranmerefan wrote:If there's one thing you can be guaranteed of, is that this forum complained about it. And we did.

JB65
Consort of the Beast

Postby JB65 » Mon Aug 05, 2019 8:32 pm

PWD will probably get a decent crowd due to Day tickets, rather than general festival goers. I myself will be elsewhere.

Gandalf the Red
Denim Demon

Postby Gandalf the Red » Tue Aug 06, 2019 11:50 am

I'll give them the customary few minutes to impress me. Only fair really.
“He likes having the ball, playing football, passes. It’s like an orchestra. But it’s a silent song. But I like heavy metal more. I always want it loud.” - Jürgen Klopp