Dimmu Borgir cancel

August 8 - 11, Catton Park, Walton on Trent, Derbyshire
metaldinosaur
Leather Rebel

Re: Dimmu Borgir cancel

Postby metaldinosaur » Wed Aug 07, 2019 10:38 am

Yes, they're a bit controversial, but I am actually pretty impressed they got a big-ish band of a similar type on such short notice.
Welcome to a brave new world/ The future here or haven't you heard?

Jay1993
Knight of the Eemerald Svord

Postby Jay1993 » Wed Aug 07, 2019 10:40 am

As someone who wasn't interested in seeing Dimmu and is a huge fan of the first Batushka album, this is a pretty big win! Not really sure what's been going on regarding the two incarnations of the band and haven't listened to the second album yet but still very much looking forward to seeing this. I do feel sorry for anyone that was wanting to see Dimmu though, especially at such short notice. :(

fluffkitten
Paster of Muppets

Postby fluffkitten » Wed Aug 07, 2019 10:41 am

I'll give them a go but I'm not that sure about Batushka in their current form.
a caffeine addict and known hater of mornings :coffee:

Nichrome
Consort of the Beast

Postby Nichrome » Wed Aug 07, 2019 10:50 am

Pretty much says everything about Bloodstock that they're willing to book Faketushka. Either they are extremely ignorant to the current situation with the band or they just have zero morals. Not a good look either way.

garyboyd
Definitely Not Nu

Postby garyboyd » Wed Aug 07, 2019 11:04 am

Hmmm...not great for me as Queensryche now clash with Damim. I've already seen the real Batushka who were excellent, so not really impressed with seeing this second rate version of the band. :x

metalicbear
Consort of the Beast

Postby metalicbear » Wed Aug 07, 2019 11:44 am

Has the chance to book Demons & Wizards, but chooses to book Batushka instead. You couldn't make it up.

bloodofthekings
Paster of Muppets

Postby bloodofthekings » Wed Aug 07, 2019 11:48 am

I wasn't aware of all the band-split drama but I can't see it making much of a difference to me - I listened to them when they first came about and they had loads of hype and thought they were shit then so can't see this changing my mind.

Haldamir319
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby Haldamir319 » Wed Aug 07, 2019 11:51 am

To be fair to Bloodstock, they have - at extremely short notice - gone out and managed to get a genre appropriate (fairly big) replacement.

Personally, I'd have prefered they move Eluvietie across and just bump the Sophie bands up and add a small band at the bottom. Or, if they wanted symphonic black metal, have tried to book Hecate Enthroned, even if it meant bumping a handful of bands up and whatnot.

WorMzy
Denim Demon

Postby WorMzy » Wed Aug 07, 2019 11:56 am

If you moved Eluveitie they'd have to pack up the hurdygurdy 15 minutes earlier than they've been preparing for. Nobody wants that. :P
"I don't always go to clubs... but when I do, I enter through the ladies room"
~ Adam Jenson

Smerphy
Leather Rebel

Postby Smerphy » Wed Aug 07, 2019 12:04 pm

Yeah, outside of the 2 band drama which BOA have nothing to do with anyway, this is a very good replacement at extremely short notice. This incarnation of Batushka certainly have a significant following as well, so it's not like they've accidentally booked a band nobody wants to see either, the average festival-goer likely doesn't even know.
Gandalf the Red wrote:
Fjar wrote:Guy on the far-right has just remembered he left the oven on.

That comment can be read very diffferently than what was meant. :lol:

Cassius
Consort of the Beast

Postby Cassius » Wed Aug 07, 2019 12:04 pm

A year ago id have been fucking ecstatic about this but the current incarnation of Batushka is very mediocre and as far as I know they are not even playing anything off Litourgiya atm

Glad I got to see them a couple of times when they were good

Nichrome
Consort of the Beast

Postby Nichrome » Wed Aug 07, 2019 12:43 pm

Smerphy wrote:Yeah, outside of the 2 band drama which BOA have nothing to do with anyway, this is a very good replacement at extremely short notice. This incarnation of Batushka certainly have a significant following as well, so it's not like they've accidentally booked a band nobody wants to see either, the average festival-goer likely doesn't even know.

I can assure you they do not - one look at their Facebook/Youtube account should tell you that. The only people watching Batushka at festivals are more casual listeners either 1) unaware of the split, 2) only watching because of their stage show or 3) there to mock them (as was the case at Download where they spent half their set time lighting candles and bumping into things).

pinhead0303
Consort of the Beast

Postby pinhead0303 » Wed Aug 07, 2019 12:59 pm

I complain about Bloodstock bookings as much as the next person, but considering this is a last minute thing and compared to nonsense we could've had, this is a really good replacement. And regardless of who's the 'real' Batushka, of the 2 new albums I actually prefer the 'fake' one, so I'm happy with this.

varangian
Consort of the Beast

Postby varangian » Wed Aug 07, 2019 4:30 pm

Nope still could have got Saxon

Or Even Blaze Bayley(!)

I quite enjoy this version of Queensryche but losing a SG and bumping another up isn't very good
Sure it`s two days before but a better contingency plan next time?

Skippy
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby Skippy » Wed Aug 07, 2019 4:55 pm

Really can't complain about the replacements to either cancellations - considering I was expecting just a New Blood band being pushed up, they seem to have solid replacements. In fact, for me, both Wildhearts and Batushka are upgrades (although in Code Orange's case, a dead dog onstage for 40 minutes would have been an upgrade). Batushka aren't going to be as good as they used to be, especially not outdoors in daylight, but should be worth a watch.
BANDS I LIKE FOR BLOODSTOCK!!!