Disabled Due To Injury and having emails ignored :(

August 8 - 11, Catton Park, Walton on Trent, Derbyshire
teetowl
Lowly Peon

Disabled Due To Injury and having emails ignored :(

Postby teetowl » Wed Aug 07, 2019 8:33 am

Hey I have been coming to Bloodstock since 2007, This year in February I had a nasty accident where a 3m high very thick metal pole thing hit my head in a shop. Its caused post concussion syndrome and i'm currently disabled with an invisible illness with 33 symptoms that come and go as they please.

In 28/06 I applied for the disabled campsite without buying a ticket because I know I cant managed to walk from the carpark to the campsite even WITHOUT the camping gear. I asked if there was spaces left and to see if I was able to camp but still filled out the application. I have had no email back what so ever. I've emailed another person again with no response not even to say sorry for not replying or that were full.

I contacted the fb BOA who forwarded me to another email,

I sent another email last week asking why nobody has contacted me and that I had seen the campsite is full now anyways and that im not sure if Id manage to do a full week as I struggled ALOT at Download festival this year even in disabled. or something along those lines.

So I requested if I could get a day ticket with a career and disabled toilet access and platform access. (I get tired easily and flair up round crowds I also have to be super careful about nobody bashing into me incase of getting a double concussion which would result in permanent brain damage or death)

I dont understand why I am being completely ignored?! Its really upsetting even to say that I need more evidence. So who do I contact? what do I do? Should I just accept that this accident has ruined my life this year :? :( Why isn't there a number for disabled I struggle to write and had to get my partner to fill out the forum too.

WorMzy
Denim Demon

Re: Disabled Due To Injury and having emails ignored :(

Postby WorMzy » Wed Aug 07, 2019 10:05 am

Sorry to hear that, teetowl. Unfortunately the forums are not frequented by the festival organisers, so your message is unlikely to be seen by those in charge. All we can do as fellow festival goers is direct you to the Contact Us page which you've probably already seen: https://www.bloodstock.uk.com/pages/contact-us

Hope you get sorted, and you recover without further incident.
"I don't always go to clubs... but when I do, I enter through the ladies room"
~ Adam Jenson

teetowl
Lowly Peon

Postby teetowl » Wed Aug 07, 2019 10:09 am

Thankyou for your reply my friend told me to post it on https://www.facebook.com/groups/bmf666// instead. I already contacted the emails provided on there for the disabled sadly.
Iv email 3 i think different people? I might just have to accept I can't go.

Noodle
I am the Law!

Postby Noodle » Wed Aug 07, 2019 3:26 pm

Unfortunately this is the point where the organisers are running around like headless chickens. As a last resort, I'd consider contacting Paul Gregory by phone.
If it sounds good, listen to it
MetalBeast wrote: I got told off by the landlady for banging mine on the ceiling.
tranmerefan wrote:If there's one thing you can be guaranteed of, is that this forum complained about it. And we did.

someone else
Denim Demon

Postby someone else » Wed Aug 07, 2019 3:52 pm

When my friends needed disabled access they used - ruth@bloodstock.uk.com
She wanted nothing...and I delivered

http://www.last.fm/user/apm11

teetowl
Lowly Peon

Postby teetowl » Thu Aug 08, 2019 6:39 pm

I got a phonecall from ruth, The emails have been going into spam and being deleted before I got chance to read them :(
She offered me a career ticket but can't get disabled platform due to it being full so taking a miss this year sadly :(

teetowl
Lowly Peon

Postby teetowl » Thu Aug 08, 2019 6:40 pm

Thankyou for your help guys! and I should maybe let my partner arrange stuff as I seem to keep making mistakes when ever I do anything with organisation!