BOA 2019: The Good, The Bad, The Ugly.

August 8 - 11, Catton Park, Walton on Trent, Derbyshire
Gandalf the Red
Denim Demon

Re: BOA 2019: The Good, The Bad, The Ugly.

Postby Gandalf the Red » Thu Aug 22, 2019 12:06 pm

Worth remembering that a major festival in the South West was cancelled due to the weather.
“He likes having the ball, playing football, passes. It’s like an orchestra. But it’s a silent song. But I like heavy metal more. I always want it loud.” - Jürgen Klopp

JD_B3E5
Warrior of Metal

Postby JD_B3E5 » Mon Aug 26, 2019 10:33 am

The Good
- Friday's 2020 announcement :o
- Parkway Drive
- Thursday afternoons weather
- Showsec being able to handle crowds well and doing a good job year in, year out

The Bad
- The rest of the weekend's weather
- The wind messing with a lot of the main stage bands' sound on Saturday afternoon
- The lack of communication from the organisers when the main stage abruptly closed after The Wildhearts finished
- The Noodle bar trying to charge me an extra 50p for an already £2.50 bottle of Fanta on Sunday morning

The Ugly
- The treacherous and muddy path from Ironwood to Midgard (they could at least put some straw or stones down to prevent people from slipping, couldn't they?)
- Still being able to hear Dani Filth screaming like a dying cat from Ironwood

Tet
Denim Demon

Postby Tet » Thu Aug 29, 2019 10:22 am

The good:
* The bands. A much better mainstage lineup for my tastes than in many previous years (although the lower stages weren't as good for me this year).
* The people. Always good to catch up with those I generally only see once a year.

The bad:
* The cups. I saw them and thought it was fantastic that they'd followed Wacken's lead. Then I found out you didn't get your deposit back when you returned them, and had to buy them outright. WTF? What on earth were they thinking? I don't want to be carrying a plastic cup around all day.
* The lack of lighting on the path from the camper van field to the arena. If you couldn't cut through VIP, it was almost pitch black.
* Main stage sound quality wasn't as good as it has been in the past. I know the wind won't have helped, but I think it's been better in similar conditions in previous years.
* The food options. Oh how we miss Deli Kate.

The ugly:
* Once again, nothing for me. It's a festival. People can let loose and enjoy themselves. Live and let live.
CH3NO2 -- It's the only way to be sure
You laugh at me because I'm different. I pity you, you're all the same...