Next announcement

August 11 - 14, Catton Park, Derbyshire
Ghost
Hell Bent for Leather

Re: Next announcement

Postby Ghost » Thu Jan 27, 2022 11:44 am

Mercyful fate and Sacred Reich are my two favourite bands. I can't really say that about bloodstock line ups from the last few years. Exodus and testament are good thrash bands to watch. Sunday is poor but I'd still watch Violence and Cattle Decapitation.

If Mercyful Fate and Sacred Reich pull out then I might not go. Although I am a bit starved of live music because I haven't ventured back to indoor gigs yet so may still go.
I see the bad moon arising.

Green Man III
Consort of the Beast

Postby Green Man III » Fri Jan 28, 2022 12:52 am

Ghost wrote:Mercyful fate and Sacred Reich are my two favourite bands. I can't really say that about bloodstock line ups from the last few years. Exodus and testament are good thrash bands to watch.

MF is the only band that really brings me back to my youth. The song And Then There Were None by Exodus may also bring me back to my teens. SR Heal album will remind me of my 20s when I got that album. Other bands, Dimmu Borgir, Belphegor, Testament, and even Dark Funeral might bring me back to my heavy partying days in my 30's. But this latest announcement is just making it look like this will be a Bloodstock of mostly bands I wasn't previously into. But I'm okay with that because some of my best Bloodstock memories have been the discovering of new bands and some of these look interesting. I'll be checking them all out this weekend on YouTube and updating my Bands Ranking List.

Baldy77
Warrior of Metal

Postby Baldy77 » Fri Jan 28, 2022 12:56 am

I like the announcement. I like red method and baest. Having listened to Avatar, Sorcerer, Pupil slicer and thrown into exile they all sound pretty good. I thought there would be a couple of bigger names but maybe that's to come.

Green Man III
Consort of the Beast

Postby Green Man III » Fri Jan 28, 2022 12:57 am

bloodofthekings wrote:So basically Avatar & Ill Nino along with a bunch of nobodies. Whoop.

I only know Ill Nino because of their cover of a Faith No More song.

Avatar played a previous Bloodstock I was at but I skipped them to go drink at camp. This time I may try harder to check them out because I know they've got a few good songs.

I read about Pupil Slicer and I remember they sound really interesting and are a real up and coming band. All I remember is that they sounded really crazy.

metaldinosaur
Leather Rebel

Postby metaldinosaur » Sat Jan 29, 2022 1:26 am

Im not an online moaner, but that announcement does nothing for me. Urg. Honestly, this is, for me at least, the worst bloodstock lineup ever. Ouch, that hurt to say.

I still think I'll go for the MF day, but man, it's almost a bit depressing.
Welcome to a brave new world/ The future here or haven't you heard?

Green Man III
Consort of the Beast

Postby Green Man III » Sat Jan 29, 2022 6:21 pm

Of the list, the one band that stick out most is Scarlett Riot. According to my YouTube history, I've watched most of their videos so I must've been entertained.

I think Pupil Slicer is a band to at least check out.

The only other band that stood out was Sorcerer but I'll have to listen more to make a decision.

Jay1993
Consort of the Beast

Postby Jay1993 » Sun Jan 30, 2022 5:41 pm

Nice announcement. I've never clicked with Avatar myself but I know they've been heavily requested since they played in 2014. Pupil Slicer are very up and coming so a fair booking. Checked out Guilt Trip on the back of this announcement and really digging them. Would recommend them for fans of Knocked Loose/Code Orange/Vein. Sorcerer also sounds good. Listened to Vended and yeah, Corey Taylor's son sounds exactly like him. :lol: Been meaning to see Red Method live for a while so hopefully will be up early enough to catch them!

Noodle
I am the Law!

Postby Noodle » Tue Feb 01, 2022 11:12 am

slayerslays wrote:Did it not occur to people that Phil Anselmo pulled out of Bloodstock because of the hostility here. I wouldn't come to BOA after the comments on here. Remember there was an awful scene involving a gobstopper back in 2009 when Cradle of Filth were assaulted for a lot less controversy than Phil's antics. Anyway he can afford to sit back and just go where he's appreciated. I was looking forward to their set personally- he has a great sound.

This forum has literally no influence over line up. The last time it could claim anything like that was Katatonia, where a handful of regulars kept spamming lyrics in the wishlist thread until eventually they were booked. They went on to play to a relatively sparse daytime crowd.

Cradle of Filth were also subsequently rebooked to play without incident.
If it sounds good, listen to it
MetalBeast wrote: I got told off by the landlady for banging mine on the ceiling.
tranmerefan wrote:If there's one thing you can be guaranteed of, is that this forum complained about it. And we did.

Green Man III
Consort of the Beast

Postby Green Man III » Sat Feb 05, 2022 12:31 am

Noodle wrote:This forum has literally no influence over line up. The last time it could claim anything like that was Katatonia, where a handful of regulars kept spamming lyrics in the wishlist thread until eventually they were booked. They went on to play to a relatively sparse daytime crowd.

So I guess that thread is just there to make us feel good that we've suggested bands we like and then if they get booked it's just pure chance.

Ah fuck it. :coffee:

metaldinosaur
Leather Rebel

Postby metaldinosaur » Sun Feb 06, 2022 12:04 am

Green Man III wrote:
Noodle wrote:This forum has literally no influence over line up. The last time it could claim anything like that was Katatonia, where a handful of regulars kept spamming lyrics in the wishlist thread until eventually they were booked. They went on to play to a relatively sparse daytime crowd.

So I guess that thread is just there to make us feel good that we've suggested bands we like and then if they get booked it's just pure chance.

Ah fuck it. :coffee:

I think this thread is just a nostalgic throw back really (like the forum itself!).

I enjoyed Katatonia at Bloodstock. The were, and would be again, a great band to have play.

Green Man III
Consort of the Beast

Postby Green Man III » Sat Feb 12, 2022 12:19 am

I'm not on social media so this forum is all I've got.

Had a dream last night that Bloodstock did a one day festival in Norway and I was there with Gail and Audrey from Coronation Street.

metaldinosaur
Leather Rebel

Postby metaldinosaur » Sun Feb 13, 2022 1:26 am

Green Man III wrote:I'm not on social media so this forum is all I've got.

Had a dream last night that Bloodstock did a one day festival in Norway and I was there with Gail and Audrey from Coronation Street.

From what I remember Les Battersby liked a bit of 70s metal.

Green Man III
Consort of the Beast

Postby Green Man III » Sun Feb 13, 2022 7:58 pm

metaldinosaur wrote:
Green Man III wrote:I'm not on social media so this forum is all I've got.

From what I remember Les Battersby liked a bit of 70s metal.

LOL I had a dream about him too once. Oh what was it now? I was in a mall shopping and he was there and we were friends but he was "too cool" for most people. But I think in that one I was hanging out with the actor rather than the character.

I guess that's what you get when you watch a soap for 20+ years, they end up in your dreams. I remember I used to have loads of dreams that I was on the TV show Friends.

Oh and I've had a few dreams that I've hung out with James Hetfield (really cool down to earth guy) and Weird Al (a bit more high strung).

Jay1993
Consort of the Beast

Postby Jay1993 » Mon Feb 14, 2022 12:13 am

Green Man III wrote:Had a dream last night that Bloodstock did a one day festival in Norway and I was there with Gail and Audrey from Coronation Street.

Best thing I've ever read on this forum! :lol:

i0th2
Warrior of Metal

Postby i0th2 » Thu Feb 24, 2022 10:50 am

Looks like there's an announcement incoming