Next announcement

August 11 - 14, Catton Park, Derbyshire
WorMzy
Denim Demon

Re: Next announcement

Postby WorMzy » Sat Aug 06, 2022 9:41 pm

Yeah, it's pretty standard for Bloodstock to wait until the last minute to post band times. The more cynical of us believe it's a ploy to sell more lanyards onsite, especially since the app is pretty much useless onsite due to Catton Hall apparently being a deadspot for phone signal. Here's hoping there's a more robust wifi onsite this year, what with the switch to e-tickets. The official map does have an 'internet hub' around about where Deli Kate used to be (left of the RDJ stage), but I somehow doubt it'll be free to use for patrons. >_>
"I don't always go to clubs... but when I do, I enter through the ladies room"
~ Adam Jenson

OPreston
Lowly Peon

Postby OPreston » Sun Aug 07, 2022 12:47 am

Re the secret band - Outside guess but maybe someone from UK Deathfest and can't announce due to the terms and conditions of their booking? Just a thought, Tom G Warrior doing Hellhammer maybe?
I would be really underwhelmed if it was an Amon Amarth tribute, If it's Evil Scarecrow I will feel cheated and be straight out of that tent!
The Pantera Tribute I'd watch but I doubt it would be them, not sure any of these tributes really count as internationally renowned.
Rather selfishly I'm hoping for some old school Death Metal or Grindcore as there is none on the bill, but recognise there is alot of heavy more extreme stuff already, I'm sure alot of people wanting something more melodic, Helloween would be cool!

molusc wrote:did anybody watch the "burn my eyes 28th anniversary playthrough-electric happy hour live" last night?
at 4.40 minutes in they say "see you at bloodstock, we will be there"
its up on youtube.

I love Machine Head's first 2 albums, so would be pleased if they still play any of that stuff, I see they've moved on from the Burn My Eyes line up (again!) But maybe a special show with that line up as a one off?

metaldinosaur
Leather Rebel

Postby metaldinosaur » Sun Aug 07, 2022 10:15 am

OPreston wrote:Re the secret band - Outside guess but maybe someone from UK Deathfest and can't announce due to the terms and conditions of their booking? Just a thought, Tom G Warrior doing Hellhammer maybe?
I would be really underwhelmed if it was an Amon Amarth tribute, If it's Evil Scarecrow I will feel cheated and be straight out of that tent!
The Pantera Tribute I'd watch but I doubt it would be them, not sure any of these tributes really count as internationally renowned.
Rather selfishly I'm hoping for some old school Death Metal or Grindcore as there is none on the bill, but recognise there is alot of heavy more extreme stuff already, I'm sure alot of people wanting something more melodic, Helloween would be cool!

molusc wrote:did anybody watch the "burn my eyes 28th anniversary playthrough-electric happy hour live" last night?
at 4.40 minutes in they say "see you at bloodstock, we will be there"
its up on youtube.

I love Machine Head's first 2 albums, so would be pleased if they still play any of that stuff, I see they've moved on from the Burn My Eyes line up (again!) But maybe a special show with that line up as a one off?

Yep. I think that’s a pretty significant thing!
Welcome to a brave new world/ The future here or haven't you heard?

i0th2
Warrior of Metal

Postby i0th2 » Sun Aug 07, 2022 2:52 pm

It wasn't an Amon Amarth tribute at Wacken, it was literally Amon Amarth. They had a special mini stage between to the main stages right under the Wacken skull, looked cool as fuck

slayerslays
Consort of the Beast

Postby slayerslays » Mon Aug 08, 2022 1:31 pm

All Hail the Yeti have gone it seems - they seemed interesting. Heart of a Coward now moved from Sophie stage....

slayerslays
Consort of the Beast

Postby slayerslays » Mon Aug 08, 2022 1:35 pm

Strigoi disappeared from the line up page and SOEN is there?

i0th2
Warrior of Metal

Postby i0th2 » Mon Aug 08, 2022 1:41 pm

slayerslays wrote:All Hail the Yeti have gone it seems - they seemed interesting. Heart of a Coward now moved from Sophie stage....

That changed weeks ago.
slayerslays wrote:Strigoi disappeared from the line up page and SOEN is there?

I suspect webmaster has added the extra Jager bands onto an old version of the lineup inadvertantly making it look like Soen are back. I would fucking love it to be true though.

Jokermunro
Lowly Peon

Postby Jokermunro » Mon Aug 08, 2022 2:03 pm

Apps lineup has been updated, Strigoi listed, not Soen, seems like wishful out of date thinking i'm afraid

slayerslays
Consort of the Beast

Postby slayerslays » Mon Aug 08, 2022 2:29 pm

Thanks all

Powerslave
Knight of the Eemerald Svord

Postby Powerslave » Tue Aug 09, 2022 12:11 pm

Don't know if Delain might be an outside bet as the secret band? They've announced their new singer today, the announcement ends with:

P.S. We'll make sure to give Diana a proper introduction very soon, so keep an eye out! ☺️

DOUGAL
Powermetal Child

App 2022

Postby DOUGAL » Tue Aug 09, 2022 3:18 pm

I can't find the 2022 App in Google Play Store - only the 2021 app is available for me to download (Android 11). I must be missing something ?

i0th2
Warrior of Metal

Postby i0th2 » Tue Aug 09, 2022 3:33 pm

It's the same app

DOUGAL
Powermetal Child

Postby DOUGAL » Tue Aug 09, 2022 3:49 pm

When I downloaded it today, I was only getting last years' line up eg Devin Townsend....I reinstalled the app just now & it is now showing this years' line up - thanks for the reply.

i0th2
Warrior of Metal

Postby i0th2 » Tue Aug 09, 2022 3:49 pm

No worries :yes:

slayerslays
Consort of the Beast

Postby slayerslays » Tue Aug 09, 2022 4:44 pm

Ozzy was in Birmingham performing with Tony Iommi at the closing ceremony of the Commonwealth Games- they did Paranoid....who knows....