Next announcement

August 11 - 14, Catton Park, Derbyshire
phuqsticks
Powermetal Child

Re: Next announcement

Postby phuqsticks » Mon Nov 01, 2021 10:52 pm

There's a distinct lack of variety at the moment. Sophie stage looks much better balanced than main

Methuen
Powermetal Child

Postby Methuen » Tue Nov 02, 2021 11:52 am

Man that Ferocious Dog band are a mixed bunch. 'The Hope' sounds like Goo Goo Dolls doing the Pogues. it's even got the bridge from Fairytale of New York; 'Sea Shepherd' / 'Sleeping Soldier' sounds like the bloke from Alestorm joined the Offspring & wrote lyrics with Atilla the Stockbroker.

I can see them being a lot of fun after five or six pints :D
Indoor 2005, 2006
BOA 2008, 2018, 2019

Jay1993
Consort of the Beast

Postby Jay1993 » Tue Nov 02, 2021 12:36 pm

Update: Spirit World are ace. Worth a listen if you like hardcore-inflected thrash in the vein of Power Trip. :yes:

i0th2
Warrior of Metal

Postby i0th2 » Tue Nov 02, 2021 1:17 pm

Because what the mainstage needed was more thrash :lol:

Ghost
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby Ghost » Wed Nov 03, 2021 4:21 pm

Jay1993 wrote:Update: Spirit World are ace. Worth a listen if you like hardcore-inflected thrash in the vein of Power Trip. :yes:

I Concur.
I see the bad moon arising.

Baldy77
Warrior of Metal

Postby Baldy77 » Thu Nov 04, 2021 12:46 am

Ferocious Dog are a strange choice to be at Bloodstock. Not metal at all for sure. BUT I do enjoy folk music metal or not. I would check them out.

Green Man III
Consort of the Beast

Postby Green Man III » Thu Nov 04, 2021 7:22 pm

Baldy77 wrote:Ferocious Dog are a strange choice to be at Bloodstock. Not metal at all for sure. BUT I do enjoy folk music metal or not. I would check them out.

That music video in the email made me cry.

jwh20
Knight of the Eemerald Svord

Postby jwh20 » Tue Nov 09, 2021 11:19 am

Looks like maybe a day ticket now that Graspop has sold out, so that I can see Mercyful Fate, but even then the rest of the day is dogshit so it would be begrudgingly

bloodofthekings
Paster of Muppets

Postby bloodofthekings » Tue Nov 09, 2021 12:07 pm

jwh20 wrote:Looks like maybe a day ticket now that Graspop has sold out, so that I can see Mercyful Fate, but even then the rest of the day is dogshit so it would be begrudgingly

That's the position I'm in at the moment - even then I'll probably just turn up for Dimmu Borgir and Mercyful Fate and then go home again.

Czech's Mate
Denim Demon

Postby Czech's Mate » Tue Nov 09, 2021 5:41 pm

bloodofthekings wrote:
jwh20 wrote:Looks like maybe a day ticket now that Graspop has sold out, so that I can see Mercyful Fate, but even then the rest of the day is dogshit so it would be begrudgingly

That's the position I'm in at the moment - even then I'll probably just turn up for Dimmu Borgir and Mercyful Fate and then go home again.

Pretty much the same here. The line up so far is pretty dreadful as far as I am concerned, which is why I've already got a ticket for Manor Fest (who seem to be booking bands that Bloodstock USED to book) and am actively considering Brutal Assault who seem to be booking the many of the bands that Bloodstock should be booking (Racist Phil aside)
Television is the opium of the people

kanet666 wrote: I can deal with the odd Slipknot track now and then. Pantera on the other hand are dreadful and I'd rather stab myself in the eye with a rusty fork than put up with them.

Ghost
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby Ghost » Tue Nov 09, 2021 6:49 pm

Ghost wrote:
Jay1993 wrote:Update: Spirit World are ace. Worth a listen if you like hardcore-inflected thrash in the vein of Power Trip. :yes:

I Concur.

I think Enforced is a better band of that style on the bill though.
I see the bad moon arising.

Green Man III
Consort of the Beast

Postby Green Man III » Sat Nov 13, 2021 12:58 am

Czech's Mate wrote:(Racist Phil aside)

Is he confirmed racist? Or are people still going on about that one incident where he made a bad joke about drinking wine backstage?

Seriously.

Green Man III
Consort of the Beast

Postby Green Man III » Sat Nov 13, 2021 1:01 am

Baldy77 wrote:Ferocious Dog are a strange choice to be at Bloodstock. Not metal at all for sure. BUT I do enjoy folk music metal or not. I would check them out.

I never heard of them before but I've watched enough videos of theirs to comment that they are metal in their own way.

Personally I really like the diversity so far. Sorry but as someone who hasn't had the privilege of going to Bloodstock every year, I'm totally stoked. There's enough good bands announced so far and I have found that the 3 times I've gone in the past it's the New Blood bands that impress me the most anyway.

Baldy77
Warrior of Metal

Postby Baldy77 » Sun Nov 14, 2021 12:11 am

Green Man III wrote:

I never heard of them before but I've watched enough videos of theirs to comment that they are metal in their own way.

Personally I really like the diversity so far. Sorry but as someone who hasn't had the privilege of going to Bloodstock every year, I'm totally stoked. There's enough good bands announced so far and I have found that the 3 times I've gone in the past it's the New Blood bands that impress me the most anyway.

Absolutely! The new blood is great! Ferious Dogs are funnily enough playing my local but have sold out before I had a chance! Good addition to bloodstock in my opinion

Baldy77
Warrior of Metal

Postby Baldy77 » Sun Nov 14, 2021 12:12 am

Green Man III wrote:
Czech's Mate wrote:(Racist Phil aside)

Is he confirmed racist? Or are people still going on about that one incident where he made a bad joke about drinking wine backstage?

Seriously.

Seems to be. Plenty of footage of nazi saluting