Next announcement

August 11 - 14, Catton Park, Derbyshire
JPMC
Powermetal Child

Re: Next announcement

Postby JPMC » Tue Sep 28, 2021 10:50 am

The only ones that make me perk up is Discharge and Eyehategod.

The rest... I either don't know them or not really fussed. I just listened to Sleep Token and a little confused. What the billy goat's gruff? Soen, also not seeing the buzz about them. Both seemed a little yawnfest. Guess I'll go have some tent beers at that point or see what New Blood is up to.

I liked the Lost Society video. It had some humour to it and great playing. The rest I'll have a look at later.

i0th2
Warrior of Metal

Postby i0th2 » Tue Sep 28, 2021 10:55 am

There's very little to love in this announcement. Really happy Soen & Nekrogoblikon are back. Currently listening to the new Sleep Token album and enjoying it but might've sacked the arena off by then because eurgh, Lamb of God. The rest, ranges from meh (Lost Society) to downright atrocious (Hatebreed). Don't know Doyle's solo stuff so will give it a whirl but hard to take it seriously when you grew up with the word doyle meaning the same as bellend/twat/dickhead.

i0th2
Warrior of Metal

Postby i0th2 » Tue Sep 28, 2021 11:04 am

Oh mis-read, Sleep Token are Friday headliner, not Sunday.

Also, downgrading my earlier "enjoying it" response to the the Sleep Token album as now I'm just bored. It's all very pedestrian.

JPMC
Powermetal Child

Postby JPMC » Tue Sep 28, 2021 11:26 am

They're headliners!?!? At a metal festival?

What the actual sodding hell? So if Justin Beiber dons a bunch of garb lifted directly from the nearest black metal band and throws a few upside crosses around the place, he's suddenly bookable at Bloodstock?

I've totally missed something. Really... I really wouldn't mind being put right. Cuz I'm struggling.

bloodfiend
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby bloodfiend » Tue Sep 28, 2021 11:36 am

JPMC wrote:They're headliners!?!? At a metal festival?

What the actual sodding hell? So if Justin Beiber dons a bunch of garb lifted directly from the nearest black metal band and throws a few upside crosses around the place, he's suddenly bookable at Bloodstock?

I've totally missed something. Really... I really wouldn't mind being put right. Cuz I'm struggling.

Sophie stage headliners, and any old crap can headline that stage.

bloodofthekings
Paster of Muppets

Postby bloodofthekings » Tue Sep 28, 2021 11:50 am

I've never heard of Sleep Token so I don't know what the controversy around their booking is, but this announcement certainly hasn't done anything to persuade me to buy a weekend ticket.

It's looking like another Saturday day ticket for Mercyful Fate again for me. I like Testament and NFO but other than that, very little else across the other days is tempting me at the moment.

Baldy77
Warrior of Metal

Postby Baldy77 » Tue Sep 28, 2021 12:45 pm

Nice announcement imo. Nekrogoblin should be great. Nice to see Soen and Jinjer back after not being able to play. Not sure why a punk band is there, are they metal as well?

Listened to Sleep Token, bit boring for me so I will give them a miss.
Eyehategod is one I've always wanted to see live so I'm happy

Bizza
Paster of Muppets

Postby Bizza » Tue Sep 28, 2021 12:54 pm

More bands that pulled out this year but still no Dark Tranquillity or Unleash The Archers.
BOA - '07, '08, '09, '10, '11, '12, '13, '14, '15, '16, '17, '18,' 19, '21, '22, '23.
Warhorns '12 '15 '16
WOA - '15
Damnation - '12
Download - '16 (Never fucking again)

Haldamir319
Leather Rebel

Postby Haldamir319 » Tue Sep 28, 2021 1:04 pm

Sleep Token are extremely popular right now, appealing to a very wide audience. They are selling out 1000 cap venues and playing some larger ones than that. Add to that that the promo side of their game is massively on point and its not surprising that one of the fests have taken a chance on them.

Skippy
Paster of Muppets

Postby Skippy » Tue Sep 28, 2021 4:52 pm

Sleep Token are great, but I can understand why they aren't particularly popular here. Good to see Bloodstock book someone a little left-field though because the rest of the announcement is basic bitch as fuck. I really wish they'd stop giving Hatebreed the time of day.
BANDS I LIKE FOR BLOODSTOCK!!!

hxc
Lowly Peon

Postby hxc » Tue Sep 28, 2021 8:47 pm

Sleep Token are perfect for sending the second stage.. to sleep.

Czech's Mate
Denim Demon

Postby Czech's Mate » Wed Sep 29, 2021 12:11 pm

Not much here to encourage me to buy a ticket yet though there are still lots of bands to announce. Based on the Arctangent announcement this morning, I may be going to that instead
Television is the opium of the people

kanet666 wrote: I can deal with the odd Slipknot track now and then. Pantera on the other hand are dreadful and I'd rather stab myself in the eye with a rusty fork than put up with them.

Skippy
Paster of Muppets

Postby Skippy » Wed Sep 29, 2021 4:57 pm

Czech's Mate wrote:Not much here to encourage me to buy a ticket yet though there are still lots of bands to announce. Based on the Arctangent announcement this morning, I may be going to that instead

It baffles me that Arctangent consistently get Zeal and Ardor over Bloodstock. Up and coming band, would go down a storm, obviously looking to play over here around that time but nope. Baffling.

I'm in much the same boat, I had my ticket for this year moved over so I'll be at Arctangent next year - so far, the lineup looks so much better.
BANDS I LIKE FOR BLOODSTOCK!!!

metaldinosaur
Leather Rebel

Postby metaldinosaur » Thu Sep 30, 2021 9:05 pm

Bizza wrote:More bands that pulled out this year but still no Dark Tranquillity or Unleash The Archers.

The only 2 I would have wanted.
Welcome to a brave new world/ The future here or haven't you heard?

Czech's Mate
Denim Demon

Postby Czech's Mate » Fri Oct 01, 2021 1:35 pm

metaldinosaur wrote:
Bizza wrote:More bands that pulled out this year but still no Dark Tranquillity or Unleash The Archers.

The only 2 I would have wanted.

Given their joint headline tour with Ensiferum in April, I can't see DT being announced before that if at all
Television is the opium of the people

kanet666 wrote: I can deal with the odd Slipknot track now and then. Pantera on the other hand are dreadful and I'd rather stab myself in the eye with a rusty fork than put up with them.