Next announcement

August 11 - 14, Catton Park, Derbyshire
bloodofthekings
Paster of Muppets

Re: Next announcement

Postby bloodofthekings » Sat Jan 22, 2022 12:52 pm

Lol, the organisers don't even bother with this forum any more, never mind the bands

phuqsticks
Powermetal Child

Postby phuqsticks » Sun Jan 23, 2022 12:12 am

slayerslays wrote:Did it not occur to people that Phil Anselmo pulled out of Bloodstock because of the hostility here. I wouldn't come to BOA after the comments on here. Remember there was an awful scene involving a gobstopper back in 2009 when Cradle of Filth were assaulted for a lot less controversy than Phil's antics. Anyway he can afford to sit back and just go where he's appreciated. I was looking forward to their set personally- he has a great sound.

Its got precious little to do with that. He's pulled out of all european festivals this year, not just Bloodstock

i0th2
Warrior of Metal

Postby i0th2 » Mon Jan 24, 2022 10:11 am

slayerslays wrote:Did it not occur to people that Phil Anselmo pulled out of Bloodstock because of the hostility here. I wouldn't come to BOA after the comments on here. Remember there was an awful scene involving a gobstopper back in 2009 when Cradle of Filth were assaulted for a lot less controversy than Phil's antics. Anyway he can afford to sit back and just go where he's appreciated. I was looking forward to their set personally- he has a great sound.

Whilst this is clearly nonsense, it'd be great if we as a forum of about 10 regular posters had that power. Hatebreed, King 810, Trivium, all these bags o' shite would never have happened.

Jokermunro
Lowly Peon

Postby Jokermunro » Mon Jan 24, 2022 10:38 am

Ghost wrote:
Baldy77 wrote:I wouldn't have thought Phil went on this forum tbh

Not true for I am he! Hi guys, Philip here. Look it was just a joke about white wine, I ain't no racist. I have a couple of black friends you see and they are lovely. Anyway I ain't coming to your fest anymore because you keep calling me names. Peace. Now I'm off to make up with Rob Flynn, he's a cracking fella.

Howling :lol:

Baldy77
Warrior of Metal

Postby Baldy77 » Mon Jan 24, 2022 11:26 am

Ghost wrote:
Baldy77 wrote:I wouldn't have thought Phil went on this forum tbh

Not true for I am he! Hi guys, Philip here. Look it was just a joke about white wine, I ain't no racist. I have a couple of black friends you see and they are lovely. Anyway I ain't coming to your fest anymore because you keep calling me names. Peace. Now I'm off to make up with Rob Flynn, he's a cracking fella.

Haha brilliant :lol:

Baldy77
Warrior of Metal

Postby Baldy77 » Mon Jan 24, 2022 10:30 pm

Announcement Thursday! Wooo

Green Man III
Consort of the Beast

Postby Green Man III » Thu Jan 27, 2022 5:34 am

Yaaaaayyy!!!!

jwh20
Knight of the Eemerald Svord

Postby jwh20 » Thu Jan 27, 2022 11:06 am

Swedish rabblerousers Avatar jostle their way onto Friday’s Sophie Lancaster stage bill
Joining them that day are US metalcore squad Thrown Into Exile The hotly-tipped, viscerally-dubbed PUPIL SLICER
Hardcore/crossover thrash newcomers (feat. members of Tesseract and Eths) Cage Fight
Sunday’s fun will be ably abetted by:
Nu-metal stalwarts Ill Nino
Manchester hardcore noiseniks Guilt Trip
Hard-hitting rockers Skarlett Riot
Progressive groove/sludge merchants Desert Storm
Over on the Ronnie James Dio main stage:
The super-buzzy Des Moines, Iowa upstarts Vended are set to kick off proceedings and blow your Sunday morning wide open
Epic Swedish doomsters Sorcerer
Industrial metalheads Red Method
Danish death metallers, BAEST

I must be out of touch I know nothing from any of these.

bloodofthekings
Paster of Muppets

Postby bloodofthekings » Thu Jan 27, 2022 11:08 am

So basically Avatar & Ill Nino along with a bunch of nobodies. Whoop.

Ghost
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby Ghost » Thu Jan 27, 2022 11:16 am

bloodofthekings wrote:So basically Avatar & Ill Nino along with a bunch of nobodies. Whoop.

To be fair I guess it doesn't make financial sense to book any big bands now because many may likely cancel.

I quite like Baest when I've seen them.

In other news Cattle Decapitation have moved to the main stage.
I see the bad moon arising.

Skippy
Paster of Muppets

Postby Skippy » Thu Jan 27, 2022 11:19 am

Sorcerer are amazing, and I quite like Avatar. But this lineup just isn't worth much. I wish I could just get a day ticket to Thursday.
BANDS I LIKE FOR BLOODSTOCK!!!

Ghost
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby Ghost » Thu Jan 27, 2022 11:21 am

Skippy wrote:Sorcerer are amazing, and I quite like Avatar. But this lineup just isn't worth much. I wish I could just get a day ticket to Thursday.

Funny because I actually think this is the best line up they've had in the last few years. Obviously that isn't saying much lol.
I see the bad moon arising.

i0th2
Warrior of Metal

Postby i0th2 » Thu Jan 27, 2022 11:26 am

Love Avatar, disappointing they're in the tent and not even headlining it.

Skippy
Paster of Muppets

Postby Skippy » Thu Jan 27, 2022 11:28 am

Ghost wrote:
Skippy wrote:Sorcerer are amazing, and I quite like Avatar. But this lineup just isn't worth much. I wish I could just get a day ticket to Thursday.

Funny because I actually think this is the best line up they've had in the last few years. Obviously that isn't saying much lol.

Each to their own I guess. Mercyful Fate are the only reason I'm looking for a reason to go, but at the minute I can't even justify a day ticket for them.
BANDS I LIKE FOR BLOODSTOCK!!!

bloodofthekings
Paster of Muppets

Postby bloodofthekings » Thu Jan 27, 2022 11:34 am

Skippy wrote:Each to their own I guess. Mercyful Fate are the only reason I'm looking for a reason to go, but at the minute I can't even justify a day ticket for them.

Same here. Looking like a Saturday day ticket for me on the basis of Mercyful Fate and even then I expect I'll just turn up in time for Dimmu Borgir. And if by some miracle Rock Fest Barcelona goes ahead with their current line-up then I'll be seeing MF there anyway so I may not bother with Bloodstock at all.

It's actually really sad to see how far the quality of the Bloodstock line-up has fallen. This year is fucking garbage for the most part.