Next announcement

August 11 - 14, Catton Park, Derbyshire
bloodofthekings
Paster of Muppets

Re: Next announcement

Postby bloodofthekings » Sun Nov 14, 2021 8:38 am

Green Man III wrote:
Czech's Mate wrote:(Racist Phil aside)

Is he confirmed racist? Or are people still going on about that one incident where he made a bad joke about drinking wine backstage?

Seriously.

There are people who believe Phil's pathetic "white wine joke" excuse and still don't realise he's a racist scumbag?

Seriously.

Green Man III
Consort of the Beast

Postby Green Man III » Sun Nov 14, 2021 11:13 pm

bloodofthekings wrote:
Green Man III wrote:
Czech's Mate wrote:(Racist Phil aside)

Is he confirmed racist? Or are people still going on about that one incident where he made a bad joke about drinking wine backstage?

Seriously.

There are people who believe Phil's pathetic "white wine joke" excuse and still don't realise he's a racist scumbag?

Seriously.

Nobody said anything about believing anything, I'm just asking if this whole character defamation is all based on just the one incident.

I don't know much about Phil and have not been a major follower of bands like Pantera and Down so I think it's a legitimate question to ask seeing all this hatred towards him and the attempted boycott of any music involving him.

PS. I also think there should be a separate thread for all conversations about this if there isn't one already.

Threads like this one should be about the joy of going to Bloodstock and getting excited about the band announcements. But I keep seeing all this backlash about Phil all over this forum ever since his band was first announced for one of the previous festivals.

Czech's Mate
Denim Demon

Postby Czech's Mate » Mon Nov 15, 2021 4:33 pm

Green Man III wrote:
Threads like this one should be about the joy of going to Bloodstock and getting excited about the band announcements. But I keep seeing all this backlash about Phil all over this forum ever since his band was first announced for one of the previous festivals.

The thing is, Anselmo's attendance detracts from my joy of attending Bloodstook. I don't want to be in the same field as someone who thinks it's appropriate to give a "white power" salute
Television is the opium of the people

kanet666 wrote: I can deal with the odd Slipknot track now and then. Pantera on the other hand are dreadful and I'd rather stab myself in the eye with a rusty fork than put up with them.

north sea storm
Leather Rebel

Postby north sea storm » Mon Nov 15, 2021 10:22 pm

I just can't stand his voice . never mind politics .

Czech's Mate
Denim Demon

Postby Czech's Mate » Tue Nov 16, 2021 3:17 am

north sea storm wrote:I just can't stand his voice . never mind politics .

You do have a seriously valid point there

kanet666 wrote: I can deal with the odd Slipknot track now and then. Pantera on the other hand are dreadful and I'd rather stab myself in the eye with a rusty fork than put up with them.

Green Man III
Consort of the Beast

Postby Green Man III » Tue Nov 16, 2021 11:07 pm

Czech's Mate wrote:
Green Man III wrote:

The thing is, Anselmo's attendance detracts from my joy of attending Bloodstook. I don't want to be in the same field as someone who thinks it's appropriate to give a "white power" salute

I put my thoughts on this in the thread I created in the Metal Discussion forum but I will just reiterate here that I hope you can get your joy back, because it's just one band on one stage. The great thing about Bloodstock is that there's 4 stages to choose from and other shit to do, you should have no problem ignoring his set.

Methuen
Powermetal Child

Postby Methuen » Wed Nov 17, 2021 1:29 pm

Czech's Mate wrote:
bloodofthekings wrote:
jwh20 wrote:Looks like maybe a day ticket now that Graspop has sold out, so that I can see Mercyful Fate, but even then the rest of the day is dogshit so it would be begrudgingly

That's the position I'm in at the moment - even then I'll probably just turn up for Dimmu Borgir and Mercyful Fate and then go home again.

Pretty much the same here. The line up so far is pretty dreadful as far as I am concerned, which is why I've already got a ticket for Manor Fest (who seem to be booking bands that Bloodstock USED to book) and am actively considering Brutal Assault who seem to be booking the many of the bands that Bloodstock should be booking (Racist Phil aside)

Had never heard of Manorfest, but a lineup topped with Candlemass, My Dying Bride, Rotting Christ, Cirith Ungol, Eternal Champion, Accept ? and then there's plenty of decent heavy/doom on the 'generic font' level too.

Will have to float the idea of a spring festival to my wife, see if she'll agree !
Indoor 2005, 2006
BOA 2008, 2018, 2019

north sea storm
Leather Rebel

Postby north sea storm » Tue Nov 23, 2021 8:52 am

Worst line up ever so far . Will not be attending but manorfest looks far better .

Baldy77
Warrior of Metal

Postby Baldy77 » Wed Nov 24, 2021 10:02 am

When's the next announcement die? I need more bands!

Czech's Mate
Denim Demon

Postby Czech's Mate » Wed Nov 24, 2021 12:17 pm

north sea storm wrote:Worst line up ever so far . Will not be attending but manorfest looks far better .

Have to agree, I've already bought my ticket for Manor fest as it's 10munutes from home, that said, the line up is way better for my tastes as well. I certainly won't be attending Bloodstock this year without a significant improvement on the bill, which is currently looking mist unlikely

Noodle
I am the Law!

Postby Noodle » Wed Nov 24, 2021 4:54 pm

Meanwhile I'm at 17 bands I would watch.
If it sounds good, listen to it
MetalBeast wrote: I got told off by the landlady for banging mine on the ceiling.
tranmerefan wrote:If there's one thing you can be guaranteed of, is that this forum complained about it. And we did.

i0th2
Warrior of Metal

Postby i0th2 » Thu Nov 25, 2021 10:35 am

Baldy77 wrote:When's the next announcement die? I need more bands!

Could be a while without Vicky, whoever's doing their job will need to try to pick up wherever things were left off, won't have the same connections that she had, might still be dealing with fallout from what happened and also may want to put their own slant on the lineup where space allows. Or maybe they've ran out of thrash bands to book and have no more ideas :lol: :lol: :lol:

Skippy
Paster of Muppets

Postby Skippy » Thu Nov 25, 2021 6:31 pm

i0th2 wrote:
Baldy77 wrote:When's the next announcement die? I need more bands!

Could be a while without Vicky, whoever's doing their job will need to try to pick up wherever things were left off, won't have the same connections that she had, might still be dealing with fallout from what happened and also may want to put their own slant on the lineup where space allows. Or maybe they've ran out of thrash bands to book and have no more ideas :lol: :lol: :lol:

The latter sounds more likely, I imagine most of the main parts of the lineup were already booked by Vicky quite some time ago.
BANDS I LIKE FOR BLOODSTOCK!!!

Ghost
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby Ghost » Thu Nov 25, 2021 8:07 pm

:lol: :lol: It's not like Vicky has disappeared. They're her family and friends so will still be talking to her. She'll be either dictating the emails or just typing them and sending from a different account. They won't employ someone else to take her role so she's still picking the line up.
I see the bad moon arising.

Jay1993
Consort of the Beast

Postby Jay1993 » Tue Nov 30, 2021 10:18 am

Announcement today. 11am I'm guessing!