Life Of Agony
Novacrow
Tribe of Ghosts
Nomadus
Acid Throne
Discharge
Haint
FyreSky
Last edited by Green Man III on Sun Jul 17, 2022 10:19 pm, edited 17 times in total.

Tet
Denim Demon

Re: 2022 Bands Ranking List

Postby Tet » Sat Oct 30, 2021 10:22 am

1. Dimmu Borgir

...and I have literally no interest in any of the other announced acts so far.
CH3NO2 -- It's the only way to be sure
You laugh at me because I'm different. I pity you, you're all the same...

metaldinosaur
Leather Rebel

Postby metaldinosaur » Fri Nov 05, 2021 9:35 pm

1. Mercyful Fate
2. Dimmu
3. Behemoth
4. Dark Funeral
5. Belphegor

Could watch Testament, and log, but they aren't big deals.

I'm struggling this year, tbh. MF are the big rarity draw, if it wasn't for King and Co I probably wouldn't bother!
Welcome to a brave new world/ The future here or haven't you heard?

Green Man III
Consort of the Beast

Postby Green Man III » Sat Nov 06, 2021 12:58 am

Tet wrote:1. Dimmu Borgir

...and I have literally no interest in any of the other announced acts so far.

When you live in a country with no metal festivals, the announcements get much better.

I never worry about the lineups because there's always plenty of bands on the 4 stages that will tickle my fancy for an awesome weekend of drinking and checking out bands. I look forward to the announcements for those few bands that I get interested in checking out.

north sea storm
Leather Rebel

Postby north sea storm » Tue Dec 07, 2021 12:58 pm

Sums up how I feel about the lineup .

Noodle
I am the Law!

Postby Noodle » Tue Dec 07, 2021 7:36 pm

22 bands I would see at the moment. Of those, 13 are Must See.
If it sounds good, listen to it
MetalBeast wrote: I got told off by the landlady for banging mine on the ceiling.
tranmerefan wrote:If there's one thing you can be guaranteed of, is that this forum complained about it. And we did.

bloodofthekings
Paster of Muppets

Postby bloodofthekings » Tue Dec 07, 2021 8:25 pm

As I'm only going for the Saturday, I'll be watching 2 bands - Dimmu Borgir & Mercyful Fate.

If I were going for the whole weekend you could add NFO, Nanowar, GWAR and Testament but that's it. The rest of the lineup is absolute garbage

Bearintown
Knight of the Eemerald Svord

Postby Bearintown » Sun Dec 12, 2021 5:26 pm

3 I would want to watch, but even then then I wouldnt travel to see any of their own shows nowadays,

Green Man III
Consort of the Beast

Postby Green Man III » Fri Dec 24, 2021 10:59 pm

I've learnt from previous Bloodstocks that while there are bands I'll get really excited about, it's the bands I've never heard of on the New Blood and Sophie Stages that really make the weekend memorable. So although the lineup isn't alot of my personal choices, I still look forward to drinking, camping, hanging with other metalheads, and giving any band a chance to impress me as I walk by their stage. Best example was being turned into a Machine Head fan in 2012.

Tet
Denim Demon

Postby Tet » Wed Feb 16, 2022 10:07 pm

There have been a few more announcements since my last post and there is still literally only a single band on the lineup so far that I would go out of my way to see: Dimmu Borgir

There are a handful of others (Testament, Marcuful Fate, Nanowar Of Steel, Avatar, Cyhra, Skarlett Riot) that I'd watch at a festival, but wouldn't be enough to tempt me to one of their shows were they playing locally.

The rest of the lineup is not to my tastes at all, which makes this by far the worst ever Bloodstock lineup in history for me. Yes, there's a chance that will change by the time the festival comes around, but I'm not optimistic.
CH3NO2 -- It's the only way to be sure
You laugh at me because I'm different. I pity you, you're all the same...

Czech's Mate
Denim Demon

Postby Czech's Mate » Tue Feb 22, 2022 2:42 pm

Tet wrote:There have been a few more announcements since my last post and there is still literally only a single band on the lineup so far that I would go out of my way to see: Dimmu Borgir

There are a handful of others (Testament, Marcuful Fate, Nanowar Of Steel, Avatar, Cyhra, Skarlett Riot) that I'd watch at a festival, but wouldn't be enough to tempt me to one of their shows were they playing locally.

The rest of the lineup is not to my tastes at all, which makes this by far the worst ever Bloodstock lineup in history for me. Yes, there's a chance that will change by the time the festival comes around, but I'm not optimistic.

I agree with this almost 100% (I would go out of my way to watch Behemoth as well) but aside from this the line up just isn't to my taste at all. I can't see me being at Bloodstock based on this.

I have however already got my tickets for Manorfest which looks like the kind of lineup that Bloodstock should be booking. I'll also be at ATG because that too has some really good "Bloodstock bands" amongst the rest of the line up.

It's a shame really as I always love the vibe of Bloodstock, but it needs more than that to secure a ticket purchase
Television is the opium of the people

kanet666 wrote: I can deal with the odd Slipknot track now and then. Pantera on the other hand are dreadful and I'd rather stab myself in the eye with a rusty fork than put up with them.

i0th2
Warrior of Metal

Postby i0th2 » Tue Feb 22, 2022 3:30 pm

Bloodywood have jumped right up the list of bands I want to see if I go. Their album is absolutely brilliant.

Green Man III
Consort of the Beast

Postby Green Man III » Wed Apr 20, 2022 10:42 pm

i0th2 wrote:Bloodywood have jumped right up the list of bands I want to see if I go. Their album is absolutely brilliant.

Yeah, they look like they would at least be entertaining. Their videos are great.

JPMC
Powermetal Child

Postby JPMC » Thu Apr 21, 2022 9:29 am

I am regrettably agreeing with all of this. It is becoming harder and harder for me to rationalise and defend the lineup choices to myself (and probably to others). In my opinion the last good year was 2017. Lots of great bands. Saturday to me is the real bust as there's nobody I'm burning to see until Dimmu Borgir and Mercyful Fate. Ah well, plenty time for napping, then!

I usually book my next year's ticket when I arrive home from Bloodstock. I am going to give things the benefit of the doubt in terms of [insert all manner of political, terrible and bad things here] and I will do it again this year. But if next year's lineup is equally as meh, then I may call time on my Bloodstocking. I figure it's worth one more twist.

Green Man III
Consort of the Beast

Postby Green Man III » Sat May 28, 2022 12:38 am

Oh man, I've been listening to the Heriot EP https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X_rlr78 ... oadRecords and I've totally got to bump them up on my list. Really looking forward to seeing this live!