Vicky's Gone Then

August 11 - 14, Catton Park, Derbyshire
metaldinosaur
Leather Rebel

Re: Vicky's Gone Then

Postby metaldinosaur » Mon Oct 18, 2021 8:49 pm

slayerslays wrote:
north sea storm wrote:Personally I think its a load of old tripe totally blown out of context .
Mamby pambying to the I'm not sure what I am and all this gender neutral bollocks .
Well I've got some news , you are what you are despite what you might pretend you are .
Stop over complicating thing's. BTW Rob Halford is my favourite singer !

And there's the problem. The word 'PRETEND'. You think that people PRETEND to be other than cis (look that up I dare you)? I see from your pic you are a 'bloke' and just imagine 'pretending' to be a woman and having all your man bits cut up and turned inside out after 2 years of shyte from your family (who may well have disowned you), work colleagues, people serving in coffee shops and others who will DELIBERATELY use the WRONG pronoun i.e calling an obvious female 'sir' or 'he', and having your mind probed and taking strong hormones. Not what you might call a lifestyle choice imvho. We don't want anymore REAL people suffering like Alan Turing (look him up too) or April Ashley....have some bloody respect
https://lgbtlifecenter.org/pronouns/

(btw it's Namby Pamby...)

It's absolutely fine to be a bloke. At least I hope it is, for I can not choose otherwise. But I have found it interesting that I have been lightly mocked for my traditional masculine behaviour over the last few months. It makes me question myself. Curious times indeed. Still, its just an observation, I'm not going to complain too much mind; I am a man, after all.

Some people do indeed pretend. Particularly very young people as it is a way to gain unprecedented power as a teenager. There is a trend that victimhood itself is becoming a new and potent form of power in social interactions for all ages. The victim has asended over the hero almost entirely now as the modern (almost) aspirational icon. Victim status allocates the individual with particular social leverage, and It works for large numbers of people, but not so much for established power groups, e.g. White people and males. However, declaring yourself trans, instantly grants the individual this power no matter what your background. Of course the (mostly) teenagers who do this never go through the difficulties you mentioned and it's all forgotten by the time they enter the work place. Still, pretending is an agent here. And this is only one part of the complexity I eluded to previously. The whole thing is built upon shifting sands... come to think of it, you could say that these particular individuals are a most potent destabilising social factor: the demand of a lie, built upon a lie.
Welcome to a brave new world/ The future here or haven't you heard?

Jay1993
Consort of the Beast

Postby Jay1993 » Mon Oct 18, 2021 9:29 pm

Ghost wrote:
Jay1993 wrote:
north sea storm wrote: Not sure what Rob Halford's got to do with it either. Are you trying to prove you're supportive of the LGBT+ community by saying he's your favourite singer? Because you're clearly not. :lol:

Well you say that but his 2nd favourite is Freddy Mercury and he's listened to Life of Agony a few times. So very supportive I'd say :lol:

Both of your comments had me laughing out loud :lol: :lol:

Ghost
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby Ghost » Mon Oct 18, 2021 9:42 pm

Jay1993 wrote:
Both of your comments had me laughing out loud :lol: :lol:

Probably best not to encourage me. :lol:
I see the bad moon arising.

north sea storm
Leather Rebel

Postby north sea storm » Mon Oct 18, 2021 11:49 pm

My second favourite singer is Urban breed actually .

Baldy77
Warrior of Metal

Postby Baldy77 » Tue Oct 19, 2021 1:42 pm

A response to a letter/email surely starts with what the previous sender signed off on? Am I wrong? Sincerely Mr/Mrs should then be Dear Mr/Mrs or similar.

I hope the Sophie Foundation don't leave, that would be awful

Phil the racist leaving wouldn't be....

i0th2
Warrior of Metal

Postby i0th2 » Tue Oct 19, 2021 2:47 pm

Titles aren't typically included in email signatures (other than professional ones) which is good because it stops defining women by marital status (Mrs/Miss/Ms). Adding pronouns after your name isn't supposed to then become part of your salutation, just extra info so you know how they'd like to be referred to.

The Sophie Foundation's decision holds a lot of sway on people's ongoing perception imo. If they hang about they must think they can help and that reflects well on the remaining members of Bloodstock. If they bail the indication is it's not just Vicky that's the problem, she was just the one to expose herself.

Bizza
Paster of Muppets

Postby Bizza » Tue Oct 19, 2021 4:53 pm

I see they've bottled the live stream tonight :lol:
BOA - '07, '08, '09, '10, '11, '12, '13, '14, '15, '16, '17, '18,' 19, '21, '22, '23.
Warhorns '12 '15 '16
WOA - '15
Damnation - '12
Download - '16 (Never fucking again)

Baldy77
Warrior of Metal

Postby Baldy77 » Tue Oct 19, 2021 11:09 pm

Ah cheers i0th2, good to know

Aaaarrrrgggghhhh
I am the Law!

Postby Aaaarrrrgggghhhh » Wed Oct 20, 2021 9:06 am

Would like to thank those here for their comments, for being civil and giving some extremely informative feedback.

Haldamir319
Leather Rebel

Postby Haldamir319 » Wed Oct 20, 2021 12:47 pm

IIRC the statement they put out saying she was taking a step back. It doesn't specify to what level/amount. Could be quite feasible that she continues to book bands, but stays out of the public eye.

I do think it would be wiser if they have someone else do it though.

i0th2
Warrior of Metal

Postby i0th2 » Wed Oct 20, 2021 1:49 pm

"For now, Vicky has taken a step back from Bloodstock Festival effective immediately, and will be taking the time to properly educate herself for a better understanding."

If that's just Vicky taking a break from Twitter and Instagram I think there'd be a lot of very disappointed people. Whilst there's wiggle-room in the statement, it's definitely written to give the impression that Vicky's not currently involved in the fest.

Jay1993
Consort of the Beast

Postby Jay1993 » Wed Oct 20, 2021 2:25 pm

Aaaarrrrgggghhhh wrote:Would like to thank those here for their comments, for being civil and giving some extremely informative feedback.

I'm surprised by how civil this thread managed to stay tbh, was expecting much worse. :lol: Always happy to provide more info if anyone needs it btw. :yes:

north sea storm
Leather Rebel

Postby north sea storm » Mon Oct 25, 2021 3:37 pm

slayerslays wrote:
north sea storm wrote:Personally I think its a load of old tripe totally blown out of context .
Mamby pambying to the I'm not sure what I am and all this gender neutral bollocks .
Well I've got some news , you are what you are despite what you might pretend you are .

And there's the problem. The word 'PRETEND'. You think that people PRETEND to be other than cis (look that up I dare you)? I see from your pic you are a 'bloke' and just imagine 'pretending' to be a woman and having all your man bits cut up and turned inside out after 2 years of shyte from your family (who may well have disowned you), work colleagues, people serving in coffee shops and others who will DELIBERATELY use the WRONG pronoun i.e calling an obvious female 'sir' or 'he', and having your mind probed and taking strong hormones. Not what you might call a lifestyle choice imvho. We don't want anymore REAL people suffering like Alan Turing (look him up too) or April Ashley....have some bloody respect

Actually I know who Alan Turing is and what he did for this country .
I do have genuine sympathy for trans people , it must be awfull , not been comfortable in your own skin , but my point stands , you can dress up as a woman , live like a woman , have hormone therapy , surgery whatever but in reality your still a man .

Jay1993
Consort of the Beast

Postby Jay1993 » Mon Oct 25, 2021 3:56 pm

north sea storm wrote:
slayerslays wrote:

Actually I know who Alan Turing is and what he did for this country .
I do have genuine sympathy for trans people , it must be awfull , not been comfortable in your own skin , but my point stands , you can dress up as a woman , live like a woman , have hormone therapy , surgery whatever but in reality your still a man .

Clearly you have no "genuine sympathy" for trans people if you refuse to respect their identities. Please stop pretending you do. :rolleyes: :lol:

north sea storm
Leather Rebel

Postby north sea storm » Mon Oct 25, 2021 9:14 pm

That's because they're trying to be something they aren't.