Car Parking Help!

August 11 - 14, Catton Park, Derbyshire
Polythene
Lowly Peon

Car Parking Help!

Postby Polythene » Tue Jul 26, 2022 6:00 pm

Hi All!

This will be my third Bloodstock and cannot wait - usually we've got the coach down but this is the first year we are deciding to drive and I've picked the short straw and my friends cars are unavailable for the weekend! I've read you can just pay for tickets at the gate which is cool

My stupid questions are what is the car park like and will my car be safe - I've heard horror stories of peoples cars getting keyed or broken into at festivals (mainly bigger festivals like Glastonbury or Reading/Leeds etc). Is there some kind of deterrent or security on site at all times?

Also, in case its a wash out - do they have a set up to stop cars getting stuck in mud or anything like that?

Sorry - but my anxiety is getting the best of me on this one!

Thanks!

i0th2
Warrior of Metal

Re: Car Parking Help!

Postby i0th2 » Tue Jul 26, 2022 10:25 pm

I (or a friend) has driven every year we've been (9 times) never had or heard of any problems with cars in the car park and yes there's security (I do know someone who's caravan was broken into a couple of years ago but that's a different field). Also never had a problem getting cars out the car park even on really wet years.

George the GenX
Lowly Peon

Re: Car Parking Help!

Postby George the GenX » Wed Aug 10, 2022 6:41 pm

We park every year and never had an issue. It has never rained hard enough to sink into mud either so couldn't say if there is a tractor or vicky using her new audi to tow people out.