IMPORTANT INFORMATION RE BBQ's

August 11 - 14, Catton Park, Derbyshire
Aaaarrrrgggghhhh
I am the Law!

IMPORTANT INFORMATION RE BBQ's

Postby Aaaarrrrgggghhhh » Sun Aug 07, 2022 1:22 pm

**IMPORTANT INFORMATION**, due to the unprecedented dry spell the UK has and continues to go through, no disposable BBQ's or cooking ignition sources will be permitted outside of the designated BBQ area's, some other festivals have completely banned them this year, security have been asked to ensure this is a priority, so let's all be responsible and have a safe and enjoyable festival.

WorMzy
Denim Demon

Re: IMPORTANT INFORMATION RE BBQ's

Postby WorMzy » Sun Aug 07, 2022 10:10 pm

For the tent campsites this was the policy already, wasn't it? If not, I'm a gullible bastard for only using my trangia at BBQ pits all these years. :c
"I don't always go to clubs... but when I do, I enter through the ladies room"
~ Adam Jenson

slayerslays
Consort of the Beast

Postby slayerslays » Mon Aug 08, 2022 7:59 am

WorMzy wrote:For the tent campsites this was the policy already, wasn't it? If not, I'm a gullible bastard for only using my trangia at BBQ pits all these years. :c

yes it is (and has been for years) already policy but there are a few who do it probably newbies who haven't read the rules yet.

i0th2
Warrior of Metal

Postby i0th2 » Mon Aug 08, 2022 8:59 am

There was a lot of salty people on the FB post complaining about this and yep this has been the rule for years. Be interesting to see if they do try to enforce it for once.

slayerslays
Consort of the Beast

Postby slayerslays » Mon Aug 08, 2022 9:50 am

there was a crowd by a tent next to ours a few years ago and they lit a couple up. The area around their tent was covered in litter and it was windy- far too close for comfort. I went and got the security and they had a word with them and stood there until the bbqs were removed.

i0th2
Warrior of Metal

Postby i0th2 » Mon Aug 08, 2022 9:54 am

slayerslays wrote:The area around their tent was covered in litter

Course it was, pricks

lee1234
Lowly Peon

Postby lee1234 » Mon Aug 08, 2022 11:36 am

WorMzy wrote:For the tent campsites this was the policy already, wasn't it? If not, I'm a gullible bastard for only using my trangia at BBQ pits all these years. :c

It was but it hasn't really been enforced. The security only really enforced bbqs by tents (I say enforced - it was very hit and miss, mostly miss) ~ although quite why you would want a bbq by the entrance to your tent I do not know....

Went the Trangia route a couple of years back, using the gel burner adapter for hexi blocks, and have yet to regret it. I am surprised by how much the gel burner adapters are now going for esp considering how flimsy they are.

i0th2
Warrior of Metal

Postby i0th2 » Mon Aug 08, 2022 11:38 am

I did notice how Adam emphasised the coffee vans in the campsites on the latest site update video on FB :lol:

WorMzy
Denim Demon

Postby WorMzy » Mon Aug 08, 2022 12:52 pm

lee1234 wrote:

It was but it hasn't really been enforced. The security only really enforced bbqs by tents (I say enforced - it was very hit and miss, mostly miss) ~ although quite why you would want a bbq by the entrance to your tent I do not know....

Went the Trangia route a couple of years back, using the gel burner adapter for hexi blocks, and have yet to regret it. I am surprised by how much the gel burner adapters are now going for esp considering how flimsy they are.

Huh, didn't know the gel burners were a thing, I've just been burning hexi blocks in the standard liquid fuel burner. Looking it up, it appears to be a just a tin... not sure how they can justify charging £11 for that. :eyes:
"I don't always go to clubs... but when I do, I enter through the ladies room"
~ Adam Jenson

lee1234
Lowly Peon

Postby lee1234 » Mon Aug 08, 2022 3:53 pm

----cut----

Went the Trangia route a couple of years back, using the gel burner adapter for hexi blocks, and have yet to regret it. I am surprised by how much the gel burner adapters are now going for esp considering how flimsy they are.[/quote]

Huh, didn't know the gel burners were a thing, I've just been burning hexi blocks in the standard liquid fuel burner. Looking it up, it appears to be a just a tin... not sure how they can justify charging £11 for that. :eyes:[/quote]

Trangia (direct - sold out) £3.24 - on the site under 'Cup, Gel burner B24'. Bought mine from Ebay a couple of years back. Nowhere near the price they are on there now.

Easier to get the remnants of left over hex out but flimsy. Trying the Firedragon stuff in it this year - going from previous experience of it in the military burner I could regret :flame:

Aaaarrrrgggghhhh
I am the Law!

Postby Aaaarrrrgggghhhh » Tue Aug 09, 2022 12:23 pm

I think security will be asked to be very strict about this . Use the designated BBQ pits and be careful please. Otherwise you may find yourselves ejected.

slayerslays
Consort of the Beast

Postby slayerslays » Tue Aug 09, 2022 3:55 pm

Aaaarrrrgggghhhh wrote:I think security will be asked to be very strict about this . Use the designated BBQ pits and be careful please. Otherwise you may find yourselves ejected.

or ignited!

slayerslays
Consort of the Beast

Postby slayerslays » Tue Aug 09, 2022 5:23 pm

Talking of fire and water pistols and stuff not being policed.....there are plenty of people who think it's ok to smoke in the Sophie and the Newblood tents despite signs up saying No Smoking.
It means that the people I am with have to go outside of the tents because some of us have asthma and it gets set off by smoking.
Maybe given the threat of grass fires this could be seriously dealt with as well.