Bloodstock's Green Initiative

August 11 - 14, Catton Park, Derbyshire
Green Man III
Consort of the Beast

Bloodstock's Green Initiative

Postby Green Man III » Mon Aug 15, 2022 9:56 pm

Good job rewarding people to pick up cups.

But a suggestion: Bigger recycle bins and more of them with clear signs showing what they are. I found people were still throwing general rubbish in them.

Anybody else have any thoughts?

Ghost
Hell Bent for Leather

Re: Bloodstock's Green Initiative

Postby Ghost » Mon Aug 15, 2022 10:07 pm

Green Man III wrote:Good job rewarding people to pick up cups.

But a suggestion: Bigger recycle bins and more of them with clear signs showing what they are. I found people were still throwing general rubbish in them.

Anybody else have any thoughts?

They could put a huge bin with a giant flashing sign and people would still throw their rubbish in the wrong bin, for the simple reason that some people are just Arseholes.

Saying that though when they say "food waste", I assume they literally mean stuff like chicken bones, not plates. That might have confused people maybe.
I see the bad moon arising.

Green Man III
Consort of the Beast

Postby Green Man III » Sun Sep 04, 2022 11:12 pm

Well, it was nice to have all those slave children collecting cups so we didn't have to walk to the bins.

slayerslays
Consort of the Beast

Postby slayerslays » Mon Sep 05, 2022 11:24 am

Green Man III wrote:Well, it was nice to have all those slave children collecting cups so we didn't have to walk to the bins.

Yes -that was interesting until I saw one of the children crying its little eyes out in the Sophie tent....

WorMzy
Denim Demon

Postby WorMzy » Mon Sep 05, 2022 4:37 pm

Last time they tried this there were complaints that there were people stealing half-drunk cups, hopefully that didn't happen this time. Interesting that the event info page still talks about the reusable cups. Not sure if they're still a thing. Didn't buy any drinks on site because, yet again, they had no mead for sale. :(

Also not sure what happened with the whole "you will be issued a bin bag when you arrive on site"... presumably they'd run out by the time my coach rocked up. :eyes:
"I don't always go to clubs... but when I do, I enter through the ladies room"
~ Adam Jenson

Green Man III
Consort of the Beast

Postby Green Man III » Tue Sep 06, 2022 6:12 pm

WorMzy wrote:Last time they tried this there were complaints that there were people stealing half-drunk cups,

:lol:

Imagining drunk people reaching for their drink and going "WTF?!!!"