W.A.S.P

varangian
Warrior of Metal

W.A.S.P

Postby varangian » Sat Sep 15, 2018 9:00 am

Headliner or SG

last time they headlined Friday but it`s been too long

As long as they dont do the `Crimson Idol` in full which for all it`s brilliance is rather morose
Any greatest hits package would be good and they still have it

someone else
Denim Demon

Re: W.A.S.P

Postby someone else » Sat Sep 15, 2018 10:11 am

I think, reading between the lines, they won't be back - there were rumours about them flying around after they played, and then in an interview Vicky mentioned a similar story that had happened, without naming names, but putting two and two together...

Could probably still headline - doubt they'd accept anything less
She wanted nothing...and I delivered

http://www.last.fm/user/apm11

CharlesDexterWard
Leather Rebel

Postby CharlesDexterWard » Sat Sep 15, 2018 11:00 am

You also have the added wrinkle that since Blackie found Jeebus, there are a few songs they won't play any more i.e Animal (fuck like a beast),
You shall fetch me your universe's ultimate cup of coffee... black.
You have 5 Earth minutes...Make it perfect!

cheesemason
Slayer of Wimps/Posers

Postby cheesemason » Sat Sep 15, 2018 3:01 pm

They would only be third from top at best these days

Would happily have them tho

JB65
Consort of the Beast

Postby JB65 » Sun Sep 16, 2018 10:04 am

CharlesDexterWard wrote:You also have the added wrinkle that since Blackie found Jeebus, there are a few songs they won't play any more i.e Animal (fuck like a beast),

Didn't play them last time and refused to use swear words in Chainsaw Charlie. Not that fussed if the do or don't play.

samlewis45
Definitely Not Nu

Postby samlewis45 » Sun Sep 16, 2018 3:23 pm

I'd be very surprised if they were asked back. I went to see them in Bristol last year and they cancelled the show an hour before the doors opened and never gave any reason or apology - or even acknowledged that anything had happened. I remember one of the Bloodstock team tweeted something along the lines of 'I see Blackie is up to his old tricks again' so there's definitely some bad history there.

SpecialForces
Powermetal Child

Postby SpecialForces » Wed Sep 19, 2018 7:38 pm

samlewis45 wrote:I'd be very surprised if they were asked back. I went to see them in Bristol last year and they cancelled the show an hour before the doors opened and never gave any reason or apology - or even acknowledged that anything had happened. I remember one of the Bloodstock team tweeted something along the lines of 'I see Blackie is up to his old tricks again' so there's definitely some bad history there.

I went to go see them on the 30 Years of Thunder tour in Bristol, it was advertised as a 2 hour show. They played for an hour (including drum solo) and then left the stage - people were pretty pissed off!

samlewis45
Definitely Not Nu

Postby samlewis45 » Wed Sep 19, 2018 8:13 pm

SpecialForces wrote:I went to go see them on the 30 Years of Thunder tour in Bristol, it was advertised as a 2 hour show. They played for an hour (including drum solo) and then left the stage - people were pretty pissed off!

I was living in the Midlands at the time and saw them in Nottingham on that tour. That show was excellent, and was pretty much what was advertised, but I remember hearing about the crap Bristol show. I think Blackie is really unpredictable and can really let the fans down sometimes. It's a real shame, as he can still pull it out of the bag when he wants to.

kurrupo
Consort of the Beast

Postby kurrupo » Wed Sep 19, 2018 8:49 pm

I've seen W.A.S.P. on the last 3 tours. I have to admit that every time I've really enjoyed them and Blackie has been on form. On the other hand, considering how big their back catalogue is they really should mix the setlist up a bit. The setlist is always about 90% the same songs and they very rarely play for longer than an hour and half. I just don't think Blackie's heart is in it anymore and he's just doing it to pay the bills. Which is a real shame cos I think if he really put the effort in they could be one of the best live bands around. Saying that, give them the 3rd down slot, playing for an hour and it would be brilliant!

Witch-House
Lowly Peon

Postby Witch-House » Thu Dec 06, 2018 10:43 am

I was at that crap Bristol 30 Years of Thunder show too.... to say the crowd was pissed off is an understatement. He must have been able to hear the booing from backstage. I really thought it was going to all kick off.

Tet
Denim Demon

Postby Tet » Sat Feb 09, 2019 6:29 pm

I love the band, and they can still cut it live, even if their headline show last time I saw them was waaay shorter than I felt was reasonable. But they've blotted their copybook and I doubt we'll see them back at Bloodstock.
CH3NO2 -- It's the only way to be sure
You laugh at me because I'm different. I pity you, you're all the same...