King Diamond/Mercyful Fate

varangian
Warrior of Metal

King Diamond/Mercyful Fate

Postby varangian » Wed Oct 17, 2018 12:58 pm

Does not the painted squeaker have a new album out in 2019?

More decent headliner threads needed or you will end up with some false or Bro-metal headliner in which case wisdom prayers have to hope Blue Oyster Cult or the like is headlining the Sophie.
The other option is they finally have a "Terry & June" tent where classic British Comedy can be enjoyed whilst drunk in some field in Derbyshire

Haldamir319
Hell Bent for Leather

Re: King Diamond/Mercyful Fate

Postby Haldamir319 » Wed Oct 17, 2018 3:10 pm

What, praytell, is 'False' Metal?

varangian
Warrior of Metal

Postby varangian » Thu Oct 18, 2018 7:57 am

Some interesting threads and arguments about the old tinternet but probably the most logical one is

Originated by Manowar, they originally used it to describe the music of the Glam/Hair bands of the Eighties. In a modern context, it can be used to describe numerous Nu-Metal bands.

"Manowar waged open verbal, and occasionally physical, warfare upon those who could not genuinely play their instruments or who were half hearted in embracing the true spirit of their beloved heavy metal"

wolfgangpiranha
Lowly Peon

Postby wolfgangpiranha » Fri Oct 19, 2018 10:03 am

Loved Mercyful fate and obviously the King himself. Would love to do the witches dance in a Derbyshire field.

Witch-House
Lowly Peon

Postby Witch-House » Thu Dec 06, 2018 10:41 am

I was lucky enough to get a ticket for the King Diamond show in London a couple of years back and it remains one of the best gigs I've ever seen. Would go down a storm at Bloodstock I reckon....

metaldinosaur
Leather Rebel

Postby metaldinosaur » Sat Dec 08, 2018 5:32 pm

This would be great. I really enjoyed King last time, but I would really like to see Fate, dunno if that is anyway on the cards though.
Welcome to a brave new world/ The future here or haven't you heard?