Beast In Black

kurrupo
Consort of the Beast

Beast In Black

Postby kurrupo » Thu Dec 13, 2018 5:47 pm

Surprised these haven't been mentioned yet. Power metal band formed by the old guitarist from Battle Beast. The debut album seemed to get a positive reception on here last year and their second album is coming out early next year. Just finished their tour supporting Nightwish and have European dates planned for next year so would like to see them at Bloodstock. Reckon they'd either be an early main stage band or higher up the bill on second stage.

https://youtu.be/2N4tXf3Ensw

phuqsticks
Consort of the Beast

Re: Beast In Black

Postby phuqsticks » Sat Dec 15, 2018 8:11 pm

Cheesy as anything, but good fun and I enjoyed their set at Wembley last week. Gets a thumbs up from me.

Baldy77
Warrior of Metal

Postby Baldy77 » Mon Dec 17, 2018 10:07 am

Enjoyed the video, sign them up

Tet
Denim Demon

Postby Tet » Sat Feb 09, 2019 6:26 pm

Not a bad band, but their live performances rely far too heavily on backing tapes.
CH3NO2 -- It's the only way to be sure
You laugh at me because I'm different. I pity you, you're all the same...

kurrupo
Consort of the Beast

Postby kurrupo » Sat Feb 09, 2019 10:36 pm

Tet wrote:Not a bad band, but their live performances rely far too heavily on backing tapes.

I heard someone mention this on the Facebook group earlier. I always assumed they had a keyboard player. But rubbish if not and all the keys are on backing tracks

Tet
Denim Demon

Postby Tet » Sat Feb 16, 2019 11:03 pm

kurrupo wrote:
Tet wrote:Not a bad band, but their live performances rely far too heavily on backing tapes.

I heard someone mention this on the Facebook group earlier. I always assumed they had a keyboard player. But rubbish if not and all the keys are on backing tracks

No, they don't. But it's not just the keys. The backing vocals and even some of the lead vocals are on tape. And to me, that's just unforgivable.
CH3NO2 -- It's the only way to be sure
You laugh at me because I'm different. I pity you, you're all the same...