KK/Ripper

Tell us who you’d like to see playing B.O.A. 2021
User avatar
varangian
Consort of the Beast
Posts: 240
Joined: Mon Aug 20, 2018 11:03 am

KK/Ripper

Postby varangian » Wed Oct 23, 2019 7:05 pm

"If" Judas Priest do not get booked then is a KK/Ripper/Binks set a good shout?

I loved hearing Ripper sing Priest classics and I`m sure they would offer a different set to JP themselves
Personally i`d love to be in the Sophie singing my head off after a few jars to this

User avatar
metaldinosaur
Leather Rebel
Posts: 1273
Joined: Sun Mar 27, 2011 3:56 pm
Location: Leeds

Re: KK/Ripper

Postby metaldinosaur » Thu Oct 24, 2019 2:19 pm

varangian wrote:"If" Judas Priest do not get booked then is a KK/Ripper/Binks set a good shout?

I loved hearing Ripper sing Priest classics and I`m sure they would offer a different set to JP themselves
Personally i`d love to be in the Sophie singing my head off after a few jars to this


Totally. Its the only 'cover band' that would push me towards a ticket purchase.

Sophie headliners is a a great idea too!
Welcome to a brave new world/ The future here or haven't you heard?

phuqsticks
Consort of the Beast
Posts: 298
Joined: Sun Oct 11, 2015 1:59 pm
Location: Norwich
Contact:

Re: KK/Ripper

Postby phuqsticks » Sun Oct 27, 2019 11:35 am

varangian wrote:"If" Judas Priest do not get booked then is a KK/Ripper/Binks set a good shout?

I loved hearing Ripper sing Priest classics and I`m sure they would offer a different set to JP themselves
Personally i`d love to be in the Sophie singing my head off after a few jars to this


Good call. That would be a blinding way of finishing a day in the tent.

jwh20
Slayer of Wimps/Posers
Posts: 950
Joined: Wed Nov 26, 2014 5:58 pm
Location: Slough

Re: KK/Ripper

Postby jwh20 » Mon Oct 28, 2019 2:06 pm

Well no need for this now :lol: :lol:

User avatar
metaldinosaur
Leather Rebel
Posts: 1273
Joined: Sun Mar 27, 2011 3:56 pm
Location: Leeds

Re: KK/Ripper

Postby metaldinosaur » Tue May 12, 2020 9:55 pm

2022 would be good though!
Welcome to a brave new world/ The future here or haven't you heard?

User avatar
Green Man III
Consort of the Beast
Posts: 277
Joined: Tue Dec 22, 2015 2:33 am

Re: KK/Ripper

Postby Green Man III » Fri Sep 18, 2020 11:28 pm

What? Do all the members of Judas Priest hate each other now? So bad that they can't play at the same festival with their respective bands?

User avatar
metaldinosaur
Leather Rebel
Posts: 1273
Joined: Sun Mar 27, 2011 3:56 pm
Location: Leeds

Re: KK/Ripper

Postby metaldinosaur » Thu Oct 22, 2020 9:48 pm

Green Man III wrote:What? Do all the members of Judas Priest hate each other now? So bad that they can't play at the same festival with their respective bands?


I don't really know what the relationship is like between them tbh. However, I reckon its more that each band would have more value to the fest as a stand alone act playing JP songs. Having both would feel unnecessary to all but the most hard-core jp fans.
Welcome to a brave new world/ The future here or haven't you heard?

User avatar
Green Man III
Consort of the Beast
Posts: 277
Joined: Tue Dec 22, 2015 2:33 am

Re: KK/Ripper

Postby Green Man III » Sat Oct 24, 2020 3:38 am

metaldinosaur wrote:
Green Man III wrote:What? Do all the members of Judas Priest hate each other now? So bad that they can't play at the same festival with their respective bands?


I don't really know what the relationship is like between them tbh. However, I reckon its more that each band would have more value to the fest as a stand alone act playing JP songs. Having both would feel unnecessary to all but the most hard-core jp fans.


It certainly would be a competition. Might make them both play even more fierce. As for too much, could even the less than hard-core jp fans get too much? Just think what if they played totally different sets. And the Ripper band doing songs from Jugulator and Demolition while Halford throwing in a few solo songs. Oh man, it could only improve the weekend if they both played!

:rock: