Next Announcement

For general discussion of all things B.O.A.
Haldamir319
Hell Bent for Leather

Re: Next Announcement

Postby Haldamir319 » Fri Aug 28, 2020 9:32 am

I've predicted its Hatebreed, but being moved to headline the Thursday sophie stage instead of Sunday.

i0th2
Definitely Not Nu

Postby i0th2 » Fri Aug 28, 2020 9:49 am

Hoping for a much a better Sunday Sophie headliner so that works for me. Get Satan back, they were awesome in '14 and they fit really well with Priest, Saxon, Diamond Head...

Skippy
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby Skippy » Fri Aug 28, 2020 11:04 am

i0th2 wrote:Hoping for a much a better Sunday Sophie headliner so that works for me. Get Satan back, they were awesome in '14 and they fit really well with Priest, Saxon, Diamond Head...

I'd rather Hatebreed were on the Sunday. I can watch Priest (didn't think much of them last time, but I'll give them another go), then go back to the tent. If they play the Thursday they'll be the only band on at the time, yet again, and it'll mean a miserable end to the day. I imagine that is exactly what they will do though.
BANDS I LIKE FOR BLOODSTOCK!!!

Bizza
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby Bizza » Sun Aug 30, 2020 3:07 am

i0th2 wrote:Hoping for a much a better Sunday Sophie headliner so that works for me. Get Satan back, they were awesome in '14 and they fit really well with Priest, Saxon, Diamond Head...

I'd be happy if they just kept Unleash The Archers in that slot, a singalong to Northwest Passage would be a perfect way to end a festival :yes:
BOA - '07, '08, '09, '10, '11, '12, '13, '14, '15, '16, '17, '18,' 19.
Warhorns '12 '15 '16
WOA - '15
Damnation - '12
Download - '16 (Never fucking again)

phuqsticks
Consort of the Beast

Postby phuqsticks » Sun Aug 30, 2020 4:38 pm

Bizza wrote:

I'd be happy if they just kept Unleash The Archers in that slot, a singalong to Northwest Passage would be a perfect way to end a festival :yes:

Seconded

Haldamir319
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby Haldamir319 » Tue Sep 01, 2020 7:36 am

We tend to leave after the Sunday main stage headliner, so I'm hoping UTA aren't being bumped up!

bloodofthekings
Paster of Muppets

Postby bloodofthekings » Tue Sep 01, 2020 8:12 am

Saturday day tickets sorted :D

Jay1993
Knight of the Eemerald Svord

Postby Jay1993 » Wed Sep 02, 2020 9:09 pm

NecroSonata wrote:Earlier in this thread someone said they asked on Facebook and it was confirmed Idle Hands would be playing next year - presumably asking Idle Hands directly rather than Bloodstock. That was months ago, just after the cancellation statement, but hopefully this remains true/they are the band who have since been teased.

T'was I. I asked during the Bloodstock Q&A and one of the organizers replied to my comment saying they were playing. They don't seem to have reappeared on the lineup yet though. :( Hoping they're just sorting a different day/slot or something!

Green Man III
Consort of the Beast

Postby Green Man III » Sun Sep 13, 2020 4:07 am

bloodofthekings wrote:
Tet wrote:
Jay1993 wrote:Surprised there hasn't been much positivity towards Savage Master on here so far. They sound pretty suited to the majority's taste on this forum - melodic trad/power metal.

Yep. They're absolutely the sort of band that should be being booked. It's just that they're not very good. Musically they're OK, but the vocals are really weak. NWOTHM is on the rise at the moment, and on paper they're a good fit. But others are far, far better. Quite how the likes of Eliminator and Seven Sisters have been overlooked in favour of this is a mystery.

Also, I think the lack of positivity has a lot to do with most people not knowing who they are. That's not to say that we all can't discover and like new bands, but it's hardly gonna create much of a buzz if they're largely unknown to most people.

Plus, I think fans of any sub-genre going to Bloodstock want bands of name value mixed in with some unknowns. When the power/trad metal contingent don't have anything to shout about on the Friday and the Saturday at all, some band that's been drudged up from nowhere to play for 30mins at 11am for beer-money and a taxi back to the airport is hardly gonna create much excitement.

I discovered Savage Master entirely by chance by coming across them on Youtube. Since then have totally got into them and bought two of their CDs. I think they're amazing and not just because the singer has a really nice image but because they have really captured an underground sound that was around in the 80's and completely under-rated back then. I love their videos and they look like a really fun band to see live so I really really hope they get added back on the bill!