Next Announcement

For general discussion of all things B.O.A.
i0th2
Warrior of Metal

Re: Next Announcement

Postby i0th2 » Tue May 04, 2021 2:16 pm

Fellowship sound great :yes:

Soze
Denim Demon

Postby Soze » Tue May 04, 2021 2:43 pm

Skippy wrote:Hell sound like the best option so far but I'm guessing they've died a death.

They have, they're no longer a thing sadly.

i0th2
Warrior of Metal

Postby i0th2 » Wed May 05, 2021 1:55 pm

Anyone been able to find anything by Broken Jaw other than that cover of Breathe on YouTube? They're on Spotify but with no tracks, website just says coming soon, nothing on bandcamp...

Aaaarrrrgggghhhh
I am the Law!

Postby Aaaarrrrgggghhhh » Sat May 08, 2021 1:16 pm

Couple of live videos available.

JB65
Consort of the Beast

Postby JB65 » Sun May 09, 2021 9:42 am

Fucking evil scarecrow, what a waste, a shit novelty act as final headliner. I know this year is tough and but the barrel has been well and truly scraped.

bloodfiend
Denim Demon

Postby bloodfiend » Sun May 09, 2021 5:20 pm

JB65 wrote:Fucking evil scarecrow, what a waste, a shit novelty act as final headliner. I know this year is tough and but the barrel has been well and truly scraped.

They will get a big crowd to be fair, they always do.

They are utter dogshit though, and I wish Bloodstock would stop plugging them; they got them enough attention for them to get significant attention when they were releasing albums, but now it's blatantly obvious they can't write a good song to save their lives, and even their live show has got totally tedious now.

It's like that Conquest Of Steel band, they were fun live initially, but never got anywhere cos their albums were fucking awful, and their live show rapidly got dull and repetitive.

bloodofthekings
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby bloodofthekings » Mon May 10, 2021 1:03 pm

bloodfiend wrote:
JB65 wrote:Fucking evil scarecrow, what a waste, a shit novelty act as final headliner. I know this year is tough and but the barrel has been well and truly scraped.

They will get a big crowd to be fair, they always do.

They are utter dogshit though, and I wish Bloodstock would stop plugging them; they got them enough attention for them to get significant attention when they were releasing albums, but now it's blatantly obvious they can't write a good song to save their lives, and even their live show has got totally tedious now.

It's like that Conquest Of Steel band, they were fun live initially, but never got anywhere cos their albums were fucking awful, and their live show rapidly got dull and repetitive.

Comparing Conquest of Steel to Evil Scarecrow is an insult to Conquest of Steel tbf.

Evil Scarecrow are a joke that's long since worn thin. Getting a crowd of pissed-up festival goers wanting a laugh is one thing, but it's become obvious that doesn't translate to their own live shows as I've never seen them well attended. Jesus, even after playing Bloodstock several times to big crowd I remember seeing them in Leeds play to about 30 people.

i0th2
Warrior of Metal

Postby i0th2 » Mon May 10, 2021 3:03 pm

And there goes Ramblin' Man Fair.

Jay1993
Slayer of Wimps/Posers

Postby Jay1993 » Mon May 10, 2021 3:48 pm

Whilst I agree Evil Scarecrow is a big disappointment, let's face it: they're gonna draw a massive crowd. It woulda been nice to see them take a punt on a band like Electric Wizard who have never played before but I suppose they don't really fit the party vibe they're going for this year. :lol: Just letting Unleash the Archers step up to headline would have been cool seeming as they're a young band with huge talent - unless there's a risk of them pulling out soon?

mike20070
Lowly Peon

Postby mike20070 » Mon May 10, 2021 4:40 pm

Jay1993 wrote:Whilst I agree Evil Scarecrow is a big disappointment, let's face it: they're gonna draw a massive crowd. It woulda been nice to see them take a punt on a band like Electric Wizard who have never played before but I suppose they don't really fit the party vibe they're going for this year. :lol: Just letting Unleash the Archers step up to headline would have been cool seeming as they're a young band with huge talent - unless there's a risk of them pulling out soon?

Vicky said in the damnation podcast that she's been trying for Electric Wizard for years.

Sounds like the methods of getting crowds back will be announced at the end of the month, which would coincide with the results of the pilot events. The dream is still alive of making it to Bloodstock this year.

bloodfiend
Denim Demon

Postby bloodfiend » Tue May 11, 2021 6:08 am

bloodofthekings wrote:
Comparing Conquest of Steel to Evil Scarecrow is an insult to Conquest of Steel tbf.

Although Conquest Of Steel weren't as bad as Evil Scarecrow (in the sense they were tongue in cheek but not a complete joke like ES), there are definite paralells, ie they both built a reputation on being entertaining live bands, but neither got anywhere because their albums were always total rubbish.

i0th2
Warrior of Metal

Postby i0th2 » Tue May 11, 2021 9:12 am

In defence of Evil Scarecrow, I've seen them 6 times and will happily watch them again after Priest. They're fun as fuck and considering the crowd size they get the vast majority of attendees agree.

Baldy77
Consort of the Beast

Postby Baldy77 » Tue May 11, 2021 8:24 pm

Evil Scarecrow will always draw the unholy hordes in and will entertain most. Nobody likes every band. Real shame about rambling man, seems they couldn't take the chance plus it is fairly close to Maidstone town, maybe this was s factor.

jwh20
Slayer of Wimps/Posers

Postby jwh20 » Wed May 12, 2021 4:03 pm

Electric Wizard were meant to be playing Download and are still booked for next year so I was thinking that's why they haven't been booked. They play every festival going generally so, so its surprising to hear they've struggled to book them. Seen them loads and they seem to be fantastic half the time and dogshit the other half of the time; never know if they're going to bother to turn up or not.

gazsetsfire
Consort of the Beast

Postby gazsetsfire » Wed May 12, 2021 6:20 pm

Alcatraz (Belgium) has just announced it’s going ahead which took me by surprise.
I’ve still got my hotel and Eurostar booked but was thinking it was getting time to use my cancellation option.
They’ve said no American bands obviously but have promised adequate replacements. Major worry for me is the travel restrictions. Will Belgium be on the green list by august? Belgium/Holland is some way behind the UK so I’m shocked this is happening, and they’ve said no masks or social distancing too.

Maybe Bloodstock has led the way in trying to make sure something goes ahead this year. Heard summer breeze are also 8n the process of getting something on this summer. Just surprises me as I believed Europe wasn’t doing great with death rates, cases etc.