Next Announcement

For general discussion of all things B.O.A.
Soze
Denim Demon

Re: Next Announcement

Postby Soze » Tue Jun 01, 2021 3:26 pm

It's not so much about safety, it's about the risk of putting more burden on the NHS if cases do rise exponentially. The highest percentage of people attending a music festival will be the under 30 age group, who won't have had both jabs by then. It'll be interesting to see how the Download experiment goes and of course the decision made on the 14th. Today Johnson has said he's still confident of sticking to the June 21st date so there's hope but I do think he'll bow to scientific advice, simply because he's already under pressure for making the wrong decision last year. Personally I think Bloodstock is 50-50 at the moment.

Powerslave
Slayer of Wimps/Posers

Postby Powerslave » Tue Jun 01, 2021 3:31 pm

Soze wrote:It's not so much about safety, it's about the risk of putting more burden on the NHS if cases do rise exponentially. The highest percentage of people attending a music festival will be the under 30 age group, who won't have had both jabs by then.

even without any protection, it's incredibly rare for under 30s to end up in hospital with covid, even during the height of the pandemic. with at least one dose, it just isn't an issue.

Skippy
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby Skippy » Tue Jun 01, 2021 4:01 pm

The Indian variant is proving more resistant to the vaccination than other variants, and a hodgepodge of festival goers, all catching it, spreading it and allowing the virus to mutate is only going to cause further strains with further complications. Even if under 30s are rarely under threat (and that isn't necessarily true - I know quite a few that have severe respiritory issues from the virus that may well end up affecting them for the rest of their lives) that is not to say they won't in the future. Its up to smarter people than me, and all of us as far as I know, to decide if that's a risk worth taking.

If Boris is confident of sticking to June then it absolutely is not going to happen. He'll probably bluster along with it until it becomes absolutely clear it can't possibly be safe to open up.
BANDS I LIKE FOR BLOODSTOCK!!!

Baldy77
Consort of the Beast

Postby Baldy77 » Thu Jun 03, 2021 11:14 am

Things are looking promising with the number of covid related deaths well done, praise the goats!

Aaaarrrrgggghhhh
I am the Law!

Postby Aaaarrrrgggghhhh » Wed Jun 09, 2021 10:39 am

I'm anticipating a two week delay, in the hope that all over 50s at least get two doses. Hopefully they'll manage more and other age groups get 2nd jab as well.

Things are going to be close and I guess we all have to cross our fingers.

i0th2
Consort of the Beast

Postby i0th2 » Wed Jun 09, 2021 12:46 pm

I'd much rather have a couple of week delay whist everything's confirmed to be still going well then opening up too early and risking further restrictions would could impact BOA. That said if hospital admissions & deaths stay low for the next week we might keep 21st June. Had my second jab a week and a half ago, no side affects whatsoever.

WorMzy
Denim Demon

Postby WorMzy » Wed Jun 09, 2021 7:33 pm

Second job for me was much less eventful than the first. The first knocked me for six, couldn't sleep at all, had uncontrollable fevers, and had a headache throughout. Second one? No side effects whatsoever. Astra Zeneca. Haven't died from a blood clot yet, so I'm hoping I'm past any bad times from Covid.
"I don't always go to clubs... but when I do, I enter through the ladies room"
~ Adam Jenson

Bizza
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby Bizza » Fri Jun 11, 2021 3:21 pm

Cases and deaths up again, not good :(
BOA - '07, '08, '09, '10, '11, '12, '13, '14, '15, '16, '17, '18,' 19.
Warhorns '12 '15 '16
WOA - '15
Damnation - '12
Download - '16 (Never fucking again)

suicidal_orange
Definitely Not Nu

Postby suicidal_orange » Fri Jun 11, 2021 6:29 pm

Finally managed to book my first jab tomorrow so just bought my ticket, booked the time off work months ago. Most of the bands I wanted to see are still on the line up, I might even have some conflicts to worry about!

jwh20
Slayer of Wimps/Posers

Postby jwh20 » Sat Jun 12, 2021 9:29 am

What will the situation be regarding refunds if it doesn't go ahead? I'm planning to get a ticket on payday, but if we lose all booking fees and have to wait months for refunds I might not bother til nearer the time. BBC news has an article on the front page about maybe extending the date for a month.

suicidal_orange
Definitely Not Nu

Postby suicidal_orange » Sat Jun 12, 2021 9:46 am

jwh20 wrote:What will the situation be regarding refunds if it doesn't go ahead?

If we're still not allowed to do anything this year what's the point in having the money back? May as well leave it 'invested' so next year you don't need to buy a ticket and will have ticket money for something else you can do.

i0th2
Consort of the Beast

Postby i0th2 » Sat Jun 12, 2021 1:49 pm

They offered refunds or ticket rollovers last time, cave see any reason why they wouldn't do the same again. We're not dealing with the twats at Chic Festivals here.

Aaaarrrrgggghhhh
I am the Law!

Postby Aaaarrrrgggghhhh » Sat Jun 12, 2021 2:19 pm

Last year's statement. Imagine it would be similar, if required, this year.

viewtopic.php?f=10&t=87845

zombieman
Consort of the Beast

Postby zombieman » Sun Jun 13, 2021 8:27 am

i0th2 wrote:They offered refunds or ticket rollovers last time, cave see any reason why they wouldn't do the same again. We're not dealing with the twats at Chic Festivals here.

As I've said previously elsewhere (and I have no connection with ChicFestivals), it depends why you'd call people twats.

I had tickets for Hammerfest which was cancelled and Spring Break which was also cancelled. I agree it was annoying that they wouldn't offer refunds though like with other festivals I would have rolled it anyway.

To compensate for that I have ended up with free tickets for HRH Goth/Industrial, HRH Vikings and HRH NWOCR so now have 5 festivals to look forward to which seems a decent result to me.

suicidal_orange
Definitely Not Nu

Postby suicidal_orange » Sun Jun 13, 2021 12:16 pm

zombieman wrote:I have ended up with free tickets for HRH Goth/Industrial, HRH Vikings and HRH NWOCR so now have 5 festivals to look forward to which seems a decent result to me.

I'd be very happy with that!