Next Announcement

For general discussion of all things B.O.A.
i0th2
Consort of the Beast
Posts: 231
Joined: Sat May 02, 2020 11:26 pm

Re: Next Announcement

Postby i0th2 » Sun Jun 13, 2021 10:51 pm

You say annoying they wouldn't offer refunds, I say illegal but hey if you're happy with the result you got then nice one :yes:

bloodofthekings
Hell Bent for Leather
Posts: 2051
Joined: Thu Jun 16, 2005 9:38 am
Location: Leeds
Contact:

Re: Next Announcement

Postby bloodofthekings » Mon Jun 14, 2021 2:08 pm

The way that the HRH/Chic Festivals guys have conducted themselves throughout this pandemic has been nothing short of appalling.

They have petulantly and childishly tried to shut down any criticism (valid as it may have been) of their shady business practices, and have continued to try and avoid any scrutiny of their disgusting decision not to issue refunds for cancelled events and to just fob people off with freebies for events those customers didn't ask for.

They are utterly reprehensible and I hope they go bust.

User avatar
metaldinosaur
Leather Rebel
Posts: 1323
Joined: Sun Mar 27, 2011 3:56 pm
Location: Leeds

Re: Next Announcement

Postby metaldinosaur » Mon Jun 14, 2021 3:37 pm

It is terrible behaviour. I would be very cautious about buying from them going forward.
Welcome to a brave new world/ The future here or haven't you heard?

User avatar
Bizza
Hell Bent for Leather
Posts: 2147
Joined: Tue Jun 26, 2007 4:33 pm
Location: The North.

Re: Next Announcement

Postby Bizza » Mon Jun 14, 2021 3:54 pm

I've always wondered how they made any profits from their events when they seem to give so many tickets away as prizes.
BOA - '07, '08, '09, '10, '11, '12, '13, '14, '15, '16, '17, '18,' 19.
Warhorns '12 '15 '16
WOA - '15
Damnation - '12
Download - '16 (Never fucking again)

User avatar
Bizza
Hell Bent for Leather
Posts: 2147
Joined: Tue Jun 26, 2007 4:33 pm
Location: The North.

Re: Next Announcement

Postby Bizza » Mon Jun 14, 2021 5:28 pm

4 week delay to the lifting of restrictions confirmed, fingers crossed it doesn't affect bloodstock. I think it's going to be close.
BOA - '07, '08, '09, '10, '11, '12, '13, '14, '15, '16, '17, '18,' 19.
Warhorns '12 '15 '16
WOA - '15
Damnation - '12
Download - '16 (Never fucking again)

Bagpuss66
Powermetal Child
Posts: 43
Joined: Sat Nov 24, 2018 6:42 pm

Re: Next Announcement

Postby Bagpuss66 » Mon Jun 14, 2021 5:39 pm

Bizza wrote:4 week delay to the lifting of restrictions confirmed, fingers crossed it doesn't affect bloodstock. I think it's going to be close.

It’s going to be a hard call for the organisers now.
We could be at this position in four weeks with infection rates still high even with the vaccine rollout.
Hopefully it will still go ahead but I would totally understand if it’s cancelled until next year.

User avatar
Bizza
Hell Bent for Leather
Posts: 2147
Joined: Tue Jun 26, 2007 4:33 pm
Location: The North.

Re: Next Announcement

Postby Bizza » Mon Jun 14, 2021 6:32 pm

Following tonight’s government announcement all looking very positive for Bloodstock, back shortly with more news!


Just posted by the Bloodstock Facebook account. Were they watching the same announcement as the rest of us?
BOA - '07, '08, '09, '10, '11, '12, '13, '14, '15, '16, '17, '18,' 19.
Warhorns '12 '15 '16
WOA - '15
Damnation - '12
Download - '16 (Never fucking again)

JPMC
Warrior of Metal
Posts: 181
Joined: Sun Jul 27, 2014 6:59 pm

Re: Next Announcement

Postby JPMC » Mon Jun 14, 2021 6:50 pm

I hate to be that guy... but I think I've personally decided I'm not going this year. I've had my VIP tickets since 2020, but frankly I do not believe it can be done safely. And I base that on personally not being an individual in top health along with my partner.

For me, my gamble is, do I sell my tickets on now and just buy new ones for 2022 when they get released at the risk of them not being sold out within 30 seconds, or do I hang on and take the gamble it'll get rolled over and I won't have to hunt high and low for replacements for 2022.

i0th2
Consort of the Beast
Posts: 231
Joined: Sat May 02, 2020 11:26 pm

Re: Next Announcement

Postby i0th2 » Mon Jun 14, 2021 7:14 pm

JPMC wrote:I hate to be that guy... but I think I've personally decided I'm not going this year. I've had my VIP tickets since 2020, but frankly I do not believe it can be done safely. And I base that on personally not being an individual in top health along with my partner.

For me, my gamble is, do I sell my tickets on now and just buy new ones for 2022 when they get released at the risk of them not being sold out within 30 seconds, or do I hang on and take the gamble it'll get rolled over and I won't have to hunt high and low for replacements for 2022.


Shit that you have to make that decision but you gotta do what's best for you both. Personally I'd wait, I don't think you'll have any difficulty shifting the tickets (especially VIP) when it's close to the event and looking like going ahead. Right now you'd have to be mad to buy second hand tickets.

Bagpuss66
Powermetal Child
Posts: 43
Joined: Sat Nov 24, 2018 6:42 pm

Re: Next Announcement

Postby Bagpuss66 » Tue Jun 15, 2021 8:03 am

Bizza wrote:
Following tonight’s government announcement all looking very positive for Bloodstock, back shortly with more news!


Just posted by the Bloodstock Facebook account. Were they watching the same announcement as the rest of us?

I did think that initially but I imagine its really how the Download test festival goes.
I'd imagine the problem is do you cancel now when there's a chance it will go ahead or wait a few weeks to see if the infection rates go down.
Personally speaking it's cutting it fine. I watched the announcement and I did notice that when the PM said that the 19th July would be the last date the scientists were very cautious. It's a dangerous game setting end dates to a pandemic with a virus that can mutate. Already there are cases rising in schools near where I live and they are being closed. As schools are breaking up in six weeks it could cause a peak in infections in the general public. We can only hope that the vast majority of people get vaccinated.

User avatar
Powerslave
Slayer of Wimps/Posers
Posts: 837
Joined: Mon Apr 28, 2008 5:45 pm

Re: Next Announcement

Postby Powerslave » Tue Jun 15, 2021 8:59 am

Bizza wrote:
Following tonight’s government announcement all looking very positive for Bloodstock, back shortly with more news!


Just posted by the Bloodstock Facebook account. Were they watching the same announcement as the rest of us?



Well, it's positive as it now seems highly likely that the festival can go ahead as planned.

User avatar
Haldamir319
Hell Bent for Leather
Posts: 2667
Joined: Fri Apr 03, 2009 1:42 pm
Location: Sheffield
Contact:

Re: Next Announcement

Postby Haldamir319 » Tue Jun 15, 2021 10:46 am

From everything that's been put out there, I'm guessing it's a case of - as long as the restrictions do lift on the 19th then it can happen.

Pretty sure Adam Gregory was quoted somewhere as saying the decision cut-off is mid-July. Given that Boris will announce on the 12th whether 19th is viable, I think that's what they are working to. So, if Boris announces further delays on the 12th, then its likely scuppered, but if he announces that the 19th is fine, then it likely goes ahead.
Image

i0th2
Consort of the Beast
Posts: 231
Joined: Sat May 02, 2020 11:26 pm

Re: Next Announcement

Postby i0th2 » Tue Jun 15, 2021 11:39 am

Haldamir319 wrote:From everything that's been put out there, I'm guessing it's a case of - as long as the restrictions do lift on the 19th then it can happen.

Pretty sure Adam Gregory was quoted somewhere as saying the decision cut-off is mid-July. Given that Boris will announce on the 12th whether 19th is viable, I think that's what they are working to. So, if Boris announces further delays on the 12th, then its likely scuppered, but if he announces that the 19th is fine, then it likely goes ahead.


Yeah, a longer delay now would probably have ended BOA but this is short enough for us to still be in with a shot of it happening. I wouldn't go as far as the FB post saying it's "very positive" but at least we're still in the game and they've already done the work on the line-up to make it as viable as possible in terms of band availability and travel etc. Better to pause now in the hope of being able to go ahead fully then open now and fuck everything up.
Last edited by i0th2 on Tue Jun 15, 2021 12:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

bloodofthekings
Hell Bent for Leather
Posts: 2051
Joined: Thu Jun 16, 2005 9:38 am
Location: Leeds
Contact:

Re: Next Announcement

Postby bloodofthekings » Tue Jun 15, 2021 12:16 pm

I know Priest said they would arrive in the UK early and quarantine if necessary, I wonder if that's the plan for Devin Townsend & Kreator

User avatar
Skippy
Hell Bent for Leather
Posts: 2359
Joined: Wed May 19, 2010 7:12 pm
Location: Somewhere crap

Re: Next Announcement

Postby Skippy » Tue Jun 15, 2021 1:08 pm

Consider things are getting worse not better with regards to cases, it seems a bit optimistic to say things are "very positive". At this stage I'll go if it happens, but I very much doubt it will in the end. Its too soon.

Have they announced anything about Metal 2 the Masses yet? Regardless of whether the festival happens or not, those won't be now. I'm assuming it'll all be random picks?
BANDS I LIKE FOR BLOODSTOCK!!!