Next Announcement

For general discussion of all things B.O.A.
Aaaarrrrgggghhhh
I am the Law!

Re: Next Announcement

Postby Aaaarrrrgggghhhh » Tue Jun 15, 2021 8:02 pm

As we've known for months, it's all going to be very tight and we just have to hope for the best.

Not sure about M2TM, wouldn't be surprised if they update soon, but I can ask.

Haldamir319
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby Haldamir319 » Wed Jun 16, 2021 10:45 am

Yeah, Simon Hall posted about it in the M2TM chat group.

Regions have been asked to put forward a band each. How that is determined it up to the local promoter.

In Sheffield, we're having a judging panel that's focusing on two elements. Firstly, four judges who attended all the heats in 2020 are ranking the bands in order. Secondly, bands are submitting individual tracks for review. Four other judges made up of local musicians/former winners are ranking those in order. The lists get aggregated and the overall #1 will be put forward to play.

Soze
Denim Demon

Postby Soze » Wed Jun 16, 2021 10:50 am

Powerslave wrote:Well, it's positive as it now seems highly likely that the festival can go ahead as planned.

Well, that depends on how much faith you have in Johnson's 'irreversible' comment. His scientist mate didn't seem so keen on making that commitment. It's all on whether we stick to that July 19th opening date, I think any more delays would scupper Bloodstock but if things go well they're obviously in the right place to crack on with it. It does remain a short window between 'no more than groups of 30 to meet outside, all keeping one metre away from each other' to '17,000 can mingle, mosh and party to their hearts content'. But hey, let's stay positive, it's definitely at least a possiblity at the moment.

Bagpuss66
Powermetal Child

Postby Bagpuss66 » Wed Jun 16, 2021 1:28 pm

Soze wrote:
Powerslave wrote:Well, it's positive as it now seems highly likely that the festival can go ahead as planned.

Well, that depends on how much faith you have in Johnson's 'irreversible' comment. His scientist mate didn't seem so keen on making that commitment. It's all on whether we stick to that July 19th opening date, I think any more delays would scupper Bloodstock but if things go well they're obviously in the right place to crack on with it. It does remain a short window between 'no more than groups of 30 to meet outside, all keeping one metre away from each other' to '17,000 can mingle, mosh and party to their hearts content'. But hey, let's stay positive, it's definitely at least a possiblity at the moment.

After seeing the whatsapp comments Boris made to Cummings wouldn't trust anything he says! But yes its worth trying to stay positive.
Worst case is that we have to wait until next year.

Bizza
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby Bizza » Wed Jun 16, 2021 3:02 pm

I don't need to see any whatsapp messages to know not believe a word that oafish fuckwit says.

We can only hope that the figures in July look good enough to allow the final unlocking to happen.
BOA - '07, '08, '09, '10, '11, '12, '13, '14, '15, '16, '17, '18,' 19.
Warhorns '12 '15 '16
WOA - '15
Damnation - '12
Download - '16 (Never fucking again)

i0th2
Consort of the Beast

Postby i0th2 » Thu Jun 17, 2021 9:18 am

Announcement incoming.

Skippy
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby Skippy » Thu Jun 17, 2021 10:18 am

A bunch of Jager bands and not a mention made of the government delaying reopening. Me thinks they are burying their heads in the sand.
BANDS I LIKE FOR BLOODSTOCK!!!

Bagpuss66
Powermetal Child

Postby Bagpuss66 » Thu Jun 17, 2021 10:37 am

Skippy wrote:A bunch of Jager bands and not a mention made of the government delaying reopening. Me thinks they are burying their heads in the sand.

I'd say edging their bets. I imagine they are waiting until its totally unfeasible to go ahead. The latest figures don't look good.....

i0th2
Consort of the Beast

Postby i0th2 » Thu Jun 17, 2021 10:37 am

Skippy wrote:A bunch of Jager bands and not a mention made of the government delaying reopening. Me thinks they are burying their heads in the sand.

tbf what is there to say? Current government plans are still to remove all social distancing measures before Bloodstock. There's no suggestion that things like testing or vaccine passports will be required and from what's gone on so for BOA look far more prepared in terms of line-up than other festivals were. I wouldn't expect them to detail all their back-up plans (which Vicky's talked about already on the Damnation vs Bloodstock podcast) in a news announcement unless they're actually having to implement something.

Powerslave
Slayer of Wimps/Posers

Postby Powerslave » Thu Jun 17, 2021 11:01 am

Bagpuss66 wrote:The latest figures don't look good.....

They're actually more promising than they look on the surface. The rate of increase is getting lower every day, and if the trend continues should start declining again in around a fortnight. Hospitalisation are creeping up a little, but a lot of new admissions are made up of younger people with less severe illness. Deaths are continuing to remain static and low.
We're in a much better position than the USA, who are pretty much fully open now.

i0th2
Consort of the Beast

Postby i0th2 » Thu Jun 17, 2021 11:19 am

The difficulty with fighting infection rates this time round is they're having to rely purely on vaccination as no additional restrictions are being implemented. This should be enough to get it over with vaccinations going so well, the question is whether it's quick enough to keep BOA happening.

Skippy
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby Skippy » Thu Jun 17, 2021 11:29 am

i0th2 wrote:

tbf what is there to say? Current government plans are still to remove all social distancing measures before Bloodstock. There's no suggestion that things like testing or vaccine passports will be required and from what's gone on so for BOA look far more prepared in terms of line-up than other festivals were. I wouldn't expect them to detail all their back-up plans (which Vicky's talked about already on the Damnation vs Bloodstock podcast) in a news announcement unless they're actually having to implement something.

I think its just the wording of the announcement for me. "Definitely bringing heavy metal..." there's nothing definite about it.
BANDS I LIKE FOR BLOODSTOCK!!!

Bagpuss66
Powermetal Child

Postby Bagpuss66 » Fri Jun 18, 2021 7:59 am

Skippy wrote:
i0th2 wrote:

I think its just the wording of the announcement for me. "Definitely bringing heavy metal..." there's nothing definite about it.

The local school to me has just sent Year 7 & 10 home because of several positive Covid positive results. I live in the south west and its spreading quickly around this area.
Hopefully this isn't the start of another wave but I sadly think this is the outcome of the government not acting on people travelling from India.

JPMC
Warrior of Metal

Postby JPMC » Fri Jun 18, 2021 8:50 am

My big worry is about these things is people are just untrustworthy. I don't mean to be an arse, but I have personally seen some discussion over "cheating" Covid tests prior to event entries. And it basically amounts to getting a test done earlier and if anyone is positive, having a non-positive mate do the test for you.

I can see why, if they have had covid, they don't want to be out the cash that they have spent on festival tickets and travel. I mean, when people are faced with losing, they will try to evade things like this.

Like I said, I'm already out of it this year so I guess it makes no odds to me, but to be honest this is a big reason why. Despite being double vaccinated, my OH isn't and there are too many people around me who may not do well with a Covid infection. But for others this is a concern!

Bagpuss66
Powermetal Child

Postby Bagpuss66 » Fri Jun 18, 2021 1:00 pm

At least people here are being adult about the possibility of the festival being cancelled.
The Facebook group is very toxic at the moment !!