Next Announcement

For general discussion of all things B.O.A.
User avatar
Leemanruss
Knight of the Eemerald Svord
Posts: 682
Joined: Sun Apr 13, 2008 2:49 pm
Location: Devon

Re: Next Announcement

Postby Leemanruss » Sun Sep 08, 2019 1:25 pm

Dark Tranquility finally on the line up page but under Butcher Babies? Seriously? I was expecting BB to be like 2nd or 3rd on...
Atmosfest: '17 '18
BOA: '08 '09 '10 '11 '12 '13 '14 '15 '16 '17 '18 '19
Damnation: '11 '13 '16 '17
Download: '06
HammerFest: '09 '17
Hellfest: '17
HRH Vikings: '18
PMQF: '17 '18
Ragnarok: '18
Wacken: '17
Wacken Winter Nights: '19
Warhorns: '16 '17 '18 '19

User avatar
Black Wizard
Leather Rebel
Posts: 1421
Joined: Tue Feb 06, 2007 5:47 pm
Location: Reading

Re: Next Announcement

Postby Black Wizard » Sun Sep 08, 2019 3:37 pm

Cwej wrote:Judas Priest as they've got an anniversary too and are doing Wacken,

Nicktrix wrote:Admittedly very unlikely, but they’re touring in 2020, it’s their 50th anniversary, it’s Bloodstocks anniversary, they went down very well last time, they were originally a local (‘ish) band, and I seem to remember reading somewhere they loved playing it in 2018. Who knows?

Guys, come on. Please be realistic. They're not going to come back after only two years. It is surely more likely that they'll do their own headline shows in the UK (it's been a long time) instead of BOA, or head to Download. Maybe even go to Ramblin' Man or Stone Free (if it comes back).

User avatar
Smerphy
Leather Rebel
Posts: 1066
Joined: Sun Mar 09, 2014 4:51 pm
Location: Perthshire

Re: Next Announcement

Postby Smerphy » Sun Sep 08, 2019 3:37 pm

Tbh the whole line-up looks upside down atm.
Gandalf the Red wrote:
Fjar wrote:Guy on the far-right has just remembered he left the oven on.



That comment can be read very diffferently than what was meant. :lol:

User avatar
CharlesDexterWard
Leather Rebel
Posts: 1470
Joined: Mon Nov 10, 2014 7:37 am
Location: Bo'ness, West Lothian

Re: Next Announcement

Postby CharlesDexterWard » Mon Sep 09, 2019 7:03 am

Vicky just said on Twitter that first headliner to be announced at the end of Sept.
You shall fetch me your universe's ultimate cup of coffee... black.
You have 5 Earth minutes...Make it perfect!

User avatar
Black Wizard
Leather Rebel
Posts: 1421
Joined: Tue Feb 06, 2007 5:47 pm
Location: Reading

Re: Next Announcement

Postby Black Wizard » Mon Sep 09, 2019 7:36 am

CharlesDexterWard wrote:Vicky just said on Twitter that first headliner to be announced at the end of Sept.

Volbeat it is then. Their last UK show is in Manchester on Tuesday October 1st, but a day or two shouldn't matter.

bloodofthekings
Paster of Muppets
Posts: 1830
Joined: Thu Jun 16, 2005 9:38 am
Location: Leeds
Contact:

Re: Next Announcement

Postby bloodofthekings » Mon Sep 09, 2019 10:47 am

Black Wizard wrote:
CharlesDexterWard wrote:Vicky just said on Twitter that first headliner to be announced at the end of Sept.

Volbeat it is then. Their last UK show is in Manchester on Tuesday October 1st, but a day or two shouldn't matter.


Aye, looks that way. Pretty sure when I looked the only tickets left for the Volbeat tour (well, for Manchester anyway) were the VIP packages anyway. Could see Mercyful Fate being special guests to Volbeat though - Volbeat are openly massive fans of King Diamond and he has made guest appearances with them before when they've played live in Denmark.

User avatar
GoreCrazy
Powermetal Child
Posts: 35
Joined: Wed Aug 14, 2019 8:20 am
Contact:

Re: Next Announcement

Postby GoreCrazy » Mon Sep 09, 2019 11:57 am

bloodofthekings wrote:
Black Wizard wrote:
CharlesDexterWard wrote:Vicky just said on Twitter that first headliner to be announced at the end of Sept.

Volbeat it is then. Their last UK show is in Manchester on Tuesday October 1st, but a day or two shouldn't matter.


Aye, looks that way. Pretty sure when I looked the only tickets left for the Volbeat tour (well, for Manchester anyway) were the VIP packages anyway. Could see Mercyful Fate being special guests to Volbeat though - Volbeat are openly massive fans of King Diamond and he has made guest appearances with them before when they've played live in Denmark.


I'm not a fan of Volbeat (admittedly I've not listened to much of their stuff), but if they're a shoe in for Fate I'll be happy with that.

J.Ross29
Powermetal Child
Posts: 45
Joined: Thu Feb 07, 2019 8:59 am

Re: Next Announcement

Postby J.Ross29 » Tue Sep 10, 2019 10:05 am

Has to be Volbeat looking at the tours that are ending around that time. Devin has a december tour and Amon Amarth and Ghost in October/November. Other than Mercyful Fate Volbeat are the only headliner level band who have a tour finishing then.

On a personal level that would be incredible. Seen them 5 times. 6 after current tour. But never in a festival headlining slot. Would be a dream come true!

Jay1993
Knight of the Eemerald Svord
Posts: 724
Joined: Sun Jul 06, 2014 8:21 pm

Re: Next Announcement

Postby Jay1993 » Tue Sep 10, 2019 4:20 pm

Yeah my money is on Volbeat. Clutch as special guests underneath them could work well...

Methuen
Warrior of Metal
Posts: 188
Joined: Mon Aug 13, 2018 10:35 am

Re: Next Announcement

Postby Methuen » Wed Sep 11, 2019 7:23 am

Jay1993 wrote:Yeah my money is on Volbeat. Clutch as special guests underneath them could work well...


God that'd be a dull afternoon :lol:
Indoor 2005, 2006
BOA 2008, 2018, 2019

User avatar
houston4044
Denim Demon
Posts: 4330
Joined: Sun Apr 27, 2014 1:58 pm

Re: Next Announcement

Postby houston4044 » Thu Sep 12, 2019 8:43 am

Volbeat- Mercyful Fate- Clutch

Now that would be a great day :D

User avatar
Haldamir319
Hell Bent for Leather
Posts: 2573
Joined: Fri Apr 03, 2009 1:42 pm
Location: Sheffield
Contact:

Re: Next Announcement

Postby Haldamir319 » Fri Sep 13, 2019 7:18 am

I'm slightly surprised Skindred weren't announced as a special guest tbh. They were,what, 3rd top last time, and drew HUGE crowd.
Image

bloodofthekings
Paster of Muppets
Posts: 1830
Joined: Thu Jun 16, 2005 9:38 am
Location: Leeds
Contact:

Re: Next Announcement

Postby bloodofthekings » Fri Sep 13, 2019 8:13 am

Haldamir319 wrote:I'm slightly surprised Skindred weren't announced as a special guest tbh. They were,what, 3rd top last time, and drew HUGE crowd.


Evil Scarecrow draw big crowds too, but I'd be bloody miffed if a band that play toilet venues up and down the country were announced as special guests for a festival I'm paying £130+ to attend

kurrupo
Consort of the Beast
Posts: 325
Joined: Mon Aug 07, 2017 4:09 pm

Re: Next Announcement

Postby kurrupo » Fri Sep 13, 2019 12:35 pm

Skindred always strike me as a band who don't really care about where they play, as long as they get to play. Judging by the lineup on the website it looks like they'll be playing under Vio-Lence, so unless Vio-Lence are special guest (which is highly unlikely, and would've been announced at the time) Skindred have actually been knocked down a slot and will be 4th from top at best next year

User avatar
Baldy77
Consort of the Beast
Posts: 227
Joined: Sat Aug 16, 2014 9:05 pm
Location: South East

Re: Next Announcement

Postby Baldy77 » Sat Sep 14, 2019 3:16 pm

Skindred seem to play anywhere so as many people as possible can attend. They are in a way the people's band! They were outstanding in my local 'toilet' venue