Next Announcement

For general discussion of all things B.O.A.
metaldinosaur
Leather Rebel

Re: Next Announcement

Postby metaldinosaur » Tue Oct 22, 2019 1:36 pm

Don't bring culture war bull shit onto this thread please.

As for the announcement: Its another underwhelming one. I do love PL, but I've seen them loads so it's hardly special. I'm not giving up yet, but I might be not doing the fest for the first time in years.
Welcome to a brave new world/ The future here or haven't you heard?

cheesemason
Slayer of Wimps/Posers

Postby cheesemason » Tue Oct 22, 2019 1:37 pm

Jay1993 wrote:Sadly I knew it wouldn't take long for the derogatory remarks to start rolling in regarding Life of Agony. :rolleyes: Big up to SlayerSlays for calling out the bullshit. :yes: I really don't think the "PC snowflake" argument even comes into play when it comes to showing basic respect for another human being.

On a more positive note, I'm thrilled to hear Paradise Lost will be doing Draconian Times in full. :love: Life of Agony I've been meaning to check out for a while; if anyone has any suggestions on where to start then please ping them my way! Diamond Head should be good too, didn't catch much of them the last time they played.

Surprised to see Phil Anselmo booked considering all the controversy surrounding him... :eyes:

Best Life of Agony album is River Runs Red, but it’s quite different to a lot of the rest of their stuff. If you don’t like that, maybe try Soul Searching Sun

And yeah, the comments are exactly what people outside the metal world would assume we’d make, so sad that some are proving them right.

Splatterthrash
Powermetal Child

Postby Splatterthrash » Tue Oct 22, 2019 1:45 pm

I'd like to apologise for cocking up for having a laugh.

metalicbear
Consort of the Beast

Postby metalicbear » Tue Oct 22, 2019 1:45 pm

PhilAnselmo... All we need now is King 810, Code Orange and Five Finger Death Punch

bloodofthekings
Paster of Muppets

Postby bloodofthekings » Tue Oct 22, 2019 1:47 pm

metaldinosaur wrote:Don't bring culture war bull shit onto this thread please.

Calling out bigotry for what it is isn't bullshit.

Jay1993
Knight of the Eemerald Svord

Postby Jay1993 » Tue Oct 22, 2019 1:58 pm

cheesemason wrote:
Jay1993 wrote:Sadly I knew it wouldn't take long for the derogatory remarks to start rolling in regarding Life of Agony. :rolleyes: Big up to SlayerSlays for calling out the bullshit. :yes: I really don't think the "PC snowflake" argument even comes into play when it comes to showing basic respect for another human being.

On a more positive note, I'm thrilled to hear Paradise Lost will be doing Draconian Times in full. :love: Life of Agony I've been meaning to check out for a while; if anyone has any suggestions on where to start then please ping them my way! Diamond Head should be good too, didn't catch much of them the last time they played.

Surprised to see Phil Anselmo booked considering all the controversy surrounding him... :eyes:

Best Life of Agony album is River Runs Red, but it’s quite different to a lot of the rest of their stuff. If you don’t like that, maybe try Soul Searching Sun

And yeah, the comments are exactly what people outside the metal world would assume we’d make, so sad that some are proving them right.

Thank you! Will give those a go! :yes:

bloodfiend
Denim Demon

Postby bloodfiend » Tue Oct 22, 2019 2:11 pm

Where was anything derogatory? Someone said "I remember when they had a bloke as a singer", they have a singer who was born a man who now identifies as a woman, so they DID used to have a bloke as a singer and now have a woman.

Considering outsiders think metallers as a bunch of devil worshipping evil scumbags, you lot do sure get pompous and pc at the drop of a hat.

For the record I have nothing against the singer of Life Of Agony, and my dislike of the band has nothing to do with her/him/it/they, I just think their music is crap.

Splatterthrash
Powermetal Child

Postby Splatterthrash » Tue Oct 22, 2019 2:25 pm

Just to say that LOA are a great band and I met Mina in Newcastle a few years ago and she is lovely. Still has a penis though.

Jay1993

Postby Jay1993 » Tue Oct 22, 2019 2:29 pm

bloodfiend wrote:

Where was anything derogatory? Someone said "I remember when they had a bloke as a singer", they have a singer who was born a man who now identifies as a woman, so they DID used to have a bloke as a singer and now have a woman.

Considering outsiders think metallers as a bunch of devil worshipping evil scumbags, you lot do sure get pompous and pc at the drop of a hat.

For the record I have nothing against the singer of Life Of Agony, and my dislike of the band has nothing to do with her/him/it/they, I just think their music is crap.

Asks where any derogatory comments were made then refers to someone who clearly identifies as female as "her/him/it/they"...

*facepalm*

Bizza
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby Bizza » Tue Oct 22, 2019 2:33 pm

Garbage announcement, seems to be pleasing the Facebook crowd though.

Still only Gloryhammer and Dark Tranquility that interest me.

And that racist shitbag can get to fuck with his glorified Pantera tribute act.
BOA - '07, '08, '09, '10, '11, '12, '13, '14, '15, '16, '17, '18,' 19.
Warhorns '12 '15 '16
WOA - '15
Damnation - '12
Download - '16 (Never fucking again)

pinhead0303
Consort of the Beast

Postby pinhead0303 » Tue Oct 22, 2019 2:46 pm

As someone who had no clue who Life of Agony are and having clicked on the videos from the announcement video earlier and listened to their song, I didn't for one second think the singer wasn't a bloke. Who cares, was still shit, as is this whole announcement. Actually, as are all the announcements so far.

bloodfiend
Denim Demon

Postby bloodfiend » Tue Oct 22, 2019 2:59 pm

Jay1993 wrote:
Asks where any derogatory comments were made then refers to someone who clearly identifies as female as "her/him/it/they"...

*facepalm*

My use to "her/him/it/they" was to illustrate the point that I don't care what gender the singer is/was/or how they refer to themselves, my opinion was based on the music.

Looks like that one went right over your head.

Hardly anything negative was said, it's just tedious when a PC bandwagon comes rolling out at the drop of a hat.

Ghost
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby Ghost » Tue Oct 22, 2019 3:06 pm

metalicbear wrote:I didn't think it was possible to make a worse lineup than last year, but then they did.

This!
I see the bad moon arising.

varangian
Consort of the Beast

Postby varangian » Tue Oct 22, 2019 3:21 pm

I dreaded the worst but for me at least it`s pretty good, never going to please all

Rememeber when LOA came out, never gave them listen guess it`s time to remedy

Paradise Lost, hmm great band but `Icon` in full would have been better for me, never found them greatly interesting live

Anselmo regardless will have many people into his stuff, if he came and didnt play Pantera there would be even more whinging

Diamond Head deserve an upward turn, just because theyve been going X number of years dosent make them crap. Last two albums have been superb, just as good at least as the classic material, vocalist is superb and Tatler cant half write good riffs and toons.Very much like them being announced

Jay1993

Postby Jay1993 » Tue Oct 22, 2019 3:31 pm

bloodfiend wrote:
Jay1993 wrote:

*facepalm*

My use to "her/him/it/they" was to illustrate the point that I don't care what gender the singer is/was/or how they refer to themselves, my opinion was based on the music.

Looks like that one went right over your head.

Hardly anything negative was said, it's just tedious when a PC bandwagon comes rolling out at the drop of a hat.

Fair enough if I did misjudge the tone of your post, but if your opinion is based solely on the music then why did you feel the need to bring up gender in your original post? Like you could have just said thought they were shit back in the day and still do now and left it at that. :lol:

Btw my intention wasn't to single you out, I was responding generally to various comments that were made that didn't need to be.