Next Announcement

For general discussion of all things B.O.A.
Tet
Denim Demon

Re: Next Announcement

Postby Tet » Tue Oct 29, 2019 12:07 pm

florencethemachine wrote:arguably one of if not THE most important band in the whole genre.

I very much agree with this. Yes, two years is a short gap. But at the same time, it's their 50th year, and they are in my mind the single most important band in the history of heavy metal.
CH3NO2 -- It's the only way to be sure
You laugh at me because I'm different. I pity you, you're all the same...

metalicbear
Consort of the Beast

Postby metalicbear » Tue Oct 29, 2019 1:15 pm

Tet wrote:they are in my mind the single most important band in the history of heavy metal.

Black Sabbath and Motorhead are more important.

Tet
Denim Demon

Postby Tet » Tue Oct 29, 2019 5:15 pm

metalicbear wrote:Black Sabbath and Motorhead are more important.

You could make a strong argument for Sabbath. I happen to disagree, but I can see why that claim would be made. I just don't see it for Motörhead.
CH3NO2 -- It's the only way to be sure
You laugh at me because I'm different. I pity you, you're all the same...

someone else
Denim Demon

Postby someone else » Wed Oct 30, 2019 7:18 am

dvl666 wrote:So is it because its priest that no one is up in arms about a repeat booking like they were with Slayer, Megadeth and many more that had more of a gap?

I think it's more down to the relative scarcity of Priest gigs in the UK - cos of the Ozzy tour, the last BoA appearance has been their only gig in 4 years - they don't alternate festivals every year and dont do annual tours.
She wanted nothing...and I delivered

http://www.last.fm/user/apm11

Methuen
Warrior of Metal

Postby Methuen » Wed Oct 30, 2019 10:19 am

someone else wrote:
dvl666 wrote:So is it because its priest that no one is up in arms about a repeat booking like they were with Slayer, Megadeth and many more that had more of a gap?

I think it's more down to the relative scarcity of Priest gigs in the UK - cos of the Ozzy tour, the last BoA appearance has been their only gig in 4 years - they don't alternate festivals every year and dont do annual tours.

Plus, a decent Priest greatest hits set pleases everyone except the worst meatheads - you get the trad stuff from the 70s, the 80s big hair screaming leads stuff, thrashers off of Painkiller, proggy noodly stuff, famous ballads, big stupid sing-along numbers - All performed by a frontman that doesn't look like he's been reheated that morning (looking at you, Klaus).
Indoor 2005, 2006
BOA 2008, 2018, 2019

bloodofthekings
Paster of Muppets

Postby bloodofthekings » Wed Oct 30, 2019 10:30 am

J.Ross29 wrote:

I dunno, Nearly every other post on this thread since the announcement has been people saying its too soon.

Me included.

I like a few Mercyful Fate records but I hope to *insert deity of choice* that an SG slot isn't wasted on them. King Diamonds voice is truly awful now. He sounds like Tiny Tim. At least Tiny Tim sang in tune. I feel like if they are booked it will be on account of their status as a classic act rather than the quality of the band!

So just like Slayer the last two times they played then?

Cassius
Consort of the Beast

Postby Cassius » Wed Oct 30, 2019 1:57 pm

Very happy with the announcement. Fucking love Behemoth and they are easily my favourite band on the bill atm

Priest is to soon but im not gonna complain as the 20th + 50th anniversary are a pretty perfect match up. If anything I think Bloodstock made a mistake booking them for last year and should have saved their first appearance at the festival for this year knowing it was coming

Bizza
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby Bizza » Wed Oct 30, 2019 4:52 pm

Cassius wrote: I think Bloodstock made a mistake booking them for last year and should have saved their first appearance at the festival for this year knowing it was coming

Absolutely this, happy they're back but having played so recently takes the edge off it.

Also I wish they were headlining over a better lineup. Only really Priest, Gloryhammer and Dark Tranquility on my must see list so far. Hopefully the sophie stage saves it again.
BOA - '07, '08, '09, '10, '11, '12, '13, '14, '15, '16, '17, '18,' 19.
Warhorns '12 '15 '16
WOA - '15
Damnation - '12
Download - '16 (Never fucking again)

varangian
Consort of the Beast

Postby varangian » Wed Oct 30, 2019 5:03 pm

I know on the last Judas Priest US tour they brought back many songs that they hadnt played for a number of years, looked great TBH

OK, I`m at least hoping one Bloodstock related organizer looks at this forum now and again(!)
To make their appearance "Something unique" at Bloodstock and 50th anniversary etc
Why not ask this forum or even the awful FB page for 2-3 Priest songs that they would like to hear that are not part of the recent set list? (Dissident agressor? Jawbreaker? Hell is Home? Locked in? Tyrant?)

This would make a Priest Headline set truly unique to BOA and to Priest and to the fans

Bizza
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby Bizza » Wed Oct 30, 2019 5:23 pm

varangian wrote:I know on the last Judas Priest US tour they brought back many songs that they hadnt played for a number of years, looked great TBH

OK, I`m at least hoping one Bloodstock related organizer looks at this forum now and again(!)
To make their appearance "Something unique" at Bloodstock and 50th anniversary etc
Why not ask this forum or even the awful FB page for 2-3 Priest songs that they would like to hear that are not part of the recent set list? (Dissident agressor? Jawbreaker? Hell is Home? Locked in? Tyrant?)

This would make a Priest Headline set truly unique to BOA and to Priest and to the fans

Pointless, you'd just end up with thousands of votes for Painkiller and Breakin The Law
BOA - '07, '08, '09, '10, '11, '12, '13, '14, '15, '16, '17, '18,' 19.
Warhorns '12 '15 '16
WOA - '15
Damnation - '12
Download - '16 (Never fucking again)

someone else
Denim Demon

Postby someone else » Wed Oct 30, 2019 7:12 pm

Agreed - when Metallica did it the most popular songs were the standard ones, so would have been an average set with little surprises.

Anyway, Priest never strike me as that kind of band - they'll have a set for the tour and they'll stick to it. They've never really indulged the UK as anything other than another stop on a tour - even leaving us out on a few.
She wanted nothing...and I delivered

http://www.last.fm/user/apm11

Czech's Mate
Denim Demon

Postby Czech's Mate » Wed Oct 30, 2019 10:10 pm

Bizza wrote:
varangian wrote:I know on the last Judas Priest US tour they brought back many songs that they hadnt played for a number of years, looked great TBH

Pointless, you'd just end up with thousands of votes for Painkiller and Breakin The Law

Just get them to play the whole of Sad Wings of Destiny. That would be the perfect set for me.
Television is the opium of the people

kanet666 wrote: I can deal with the odd Slipknot track now and then. Pantera on the other hand are dreadful and I'd rather stab myself in the eye with a rusty fork than put up with them.

some_thing_wild
Paster of Muppets

Postby some_thing_wild » Thu Oct 31, 2019 1:10 pm

Personally it would secure my ticket if they said they were playing Turbo in full..

phuqsticks
Consort of the Beast

Postby phuqsticks » Thu Oct 31, 2019 5:26 pm

Bizza wrote:

To make it unique and an event to remember, I'd vote for a Bossa Nova version of Beyond The Realms Of Death.

J.Ross29
Powermetal Child

Postby J.Ross29 » Thu Oct 31, 2019 6:12 pm

bloodofthekings wrote:
J.Ross29 wrote:

I dunno, Nearly every other post on this thread since the announcement has been people saying its too soon.

Me included.

I like a few Mercyful Fate records but I hope to *insert deity of choice* that an SG slot isn't wasted on them. King Diamonds voice is truly awful now. He sounds like Tiny Tim. At least Tiny Tim sang in tune. I feel like if they are booked it will be on account of their status as a classic act rather than the quality of the band!

So just like Slayer the last two times they played then?

yeah...basically :lol: