Next Announcement

For general discussion of all things B.O.A.
bloodofthekings
Paster of Muppets

Re: Next Announcement

Postby bloodofthekings » Fri Nov 22, 2019 10:40 am

SlaytanicBacon wrote:Vicky has confirmed next announcement is on Tuesday 26th :D

Yet more speculation and yet more let-down on the Mercyful Fate front I expect. They've just been confirmed for both Sweden Rock and Rock the Castle in Italy. Fingers still crossed.

jwh20
Slayer of Wimps/Posers

Postby jwh20 » Fri Nov 22, 2019 11:54 am

varangian wrote:Why not ask this forum or even the awful FB page for 2-3 Priest songs that they would

Petition for Turbo IN FULL

houston4044
Denim Demon

Postby houston4044 » Fri Nov 22, 2019 12:53 pm

SlaytanicBacon wrote:Vicky has confirmed next announcement is on Tuesday 26th :D

Ghost will have finished their tour by then.

Cattle Decapitation (who apprantly self confirmed), Tribulation, Havok and Hatebreed (announced a tour for next year) is my guess

Nicktrix
Powermetal Child

Postby Nicktrix » Fri Nov 22, 2019 1:55 pm

So many good bands playing the festival circuit next year (e.g. Mercyful Fate, Avantasia 20th anniversary, Saxon, Testement etc etc ) that it will be interesting to see who is announced next.

None of those probably though.

Jay1993
Knight of the Eemerald Svord

Postby Jay1993 » Fri Nov 22, 2019 9:53 pm

Saxon announced as special guests for Judas Priest on their German dates next summer so I guess they're nailed on as SG's for the Sunday of Bloodstock too!

Gandalf the Red
Denim Demon

Postby Gandalf the Red » Fri Nov 22, 2019 10:48 pm

jwh20 wrote:
varangian wrote:Why not ask this forum or even the awful FB page for 2-3 Priest songs that they would

So they are going to play an album that totally tanked in the UK, where they lost vast amounts of their UK fanbase, for which they boycotted the UK on the tour and refused to play here for years until they released a decent album. Even when they did play the UK again no songs from Turbo were in the set.

You are expecting them to play that in full?
“He likes having the ball, playing football, passes. It’s like an orchestra. But it’s a silent song. But I like heavy metal more. I always want it loud.” - Jürgen Klopp

Skippy
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby Skippy » Fri Nov 22, 2019 11:17 pm

Jay1993 wrote:Saxon announced as special guests for Judas Priest on their German dates next summer so I guess they're nailed on as SG's for the Sunday of Bloodstock too!

I sincerely hope not. Very boring band. Although it seems inevitable.
BANDS I LIKE FOR BLOODSTOCK!!!

Methuen
Warrior of Metal

Postby Methuen » Sat Nov 23, 2019 8:54 am

Skippy wrote:
Jay1993 wrote:Saxon announced as special guests for Judas Priest on their German dates next summer so I guess they're nailed on as SG's for the Sunday of Bloodstock too!

I sincerely hope not. Very boring band. Although it seems inevitable.

Back to the pavilion with your heresy, and take my mixed metaphors with you. Saxon will be excellent, being a proper hard working band, rather than some media luvvie like Nergal :flame:
Indoor 2005, 2006
BOA 2008, 2018, 2019

varangian
Consort of the Beast

Postby varangian » Sat Nov 23, 2019 10:03 am

Would please a lot of people, myself included and make a ticket very worthwhile

Gandalf the Red wrote:
jwh20 wrote:

So they are going to play an album that totally tanked in the UK, where they lost vast amounts of their UK fanbase, for which they boycotted the UK on the tour and refused to play here for years until they released a decent album. Even when they did play the UK again no songs from Turbo were in the set.

They do roll out that awful title track still and have brought back the stand out cut "out in the cold" on their last tour.
It could be worse "last rose of Summer " and "You say yes", spring to mind :lol:

JD_B3E5
Warrior of Metal

Postby JD_B3E5 » Sun Nov 24, 2019 3:22 am

Gandalf the Red wrote:
jwh20 wrote:

The guy was most likely taking the piss. What is it with you and being a grumpy old fuck who takes everything too seriously on this forum? :rolleyes:

jwh20
Slayer of Wimps/Posers

Postby jwh20 » Mon Nov 25, 2019 8:46 am

JD_B3E5 wrote:
Gandalf the Red wrote:
jwh20 wrote:

The guy was most likely taking the piss. What is it with you and being a grumpy old fuck who takes everything too seriously on this forum? :rolleyes:

I love Turbo, but yes I was taking the piss. Those polls ALWAYS just deliver the most popular songs that already appear on the setlists and people complain, suggest something completely different people complain. As shown.

bloodofthekings
Paster of Muppets

Postby bloodofthekings » Mon Nov 25, 2019 10:36 am

i0th wrote:
houston4044 wrote:

Ghost will have finished their tour by then.

No chance Ghost have dropped below headliner.

I'd assumed that was more referring to the possibility of Tribulation being booked.

CharlesDexterWard
Leather Rebel

Postby CharlesDexterWard » Tue Nov 26, 2019 11:04 am

BLOODYWOOD, CATTLE DECAPITATION will Headline two of the nights on Sophie stage. BOSSK, GREEN LUNG , RAMAGE INC and MEMORIAM also added to the Sophie Lancaster Stage
You shall fetch me your universe's ultimate cup of coffee... black.
You have 5 Earth minutes...Make it perfect!

fluffkitten
Paster of Muppets

Postby fluffkitten » Tue Nov 26, 2019 11:12 am

Don't know Green Lung and Bossk is a meh but I'm quite pleased with the rest.
a caffeine addict and known hater of mornings :coffee:

Methuen
Warrior of Metal

Postby Methuen » Tue Nov 26, 2019 11:16 am

CharlesDexterWard wrote:BLOODYWOOD, CATTLE DECAPITATION will Headline two of the nights on Sophie stage. BOSSK, GREEN LUNG , RAMAGE INC and MEMORIAM also added to the Sophie Lancaster Stage

Someone blew their budget on Priest & Devin then :lol:
Indoor 2005, 2006
BOA 2008, 2018, 2019