Next Announcement

For general discussion of all things B.O.A.
varangian
Consort of the Beast

Re: Next Announcement

Postby varangian » Sat Nov 16, 2019 4:29 pm

Cassius wrote:If they check the wishlist at all I think it would be simply to find bands they have not heard of before to potentially fill lower slots not to make actual booking decisions.

In fairness this forum represents a tiny proportion of Bloodstock attendees so I dont think using the wishlist forum as a barometer for how big a draw a band would be is a good idea for them anyway

Your right but their FB and Twitter and Vicky are continually asking who do you want to see play Bloodstock
Is this purely for fan engagement? Post count?

Certainly it`s worrying/hilarious the amount of people requesting bands who played this year(!)
Certainly it`s worrying the amount of people who ask for Metallica, Maiden, Ozzy and bands of that size
Certainly it`s worrying analyzing said posters who tag their mates who have no real interest in going anyway

This forum has a lot of loyal supporters of the festival who have been going for many years, it would make common sense for the promoters to get a better view of everything from the toilets, sound quality, camping, band requests here-You would think so anyway

Cassius
Consort of the Beast

Postby Cassius » Sat Nov 16, 2019 4:51 pm

Thing with Facebook is it does have a much larger audience and so is semi useful, yes you are going to get a load of bullshit in there but thousands of people on Facebook with bullshit is probably more indicative than a forum with maybe a hundred or so active users.

Also some of it will be due to Facebook algorithms. They have to keep posting constantly so the algorithm picks them up as a highly active page to be displayed on peoples walls etc. Sure they can just spam the "Got your ticket yet?" stuff but it looks better for them to mix it up with stuff like those questions

Black Wizard
Leather Rebel

Postby Black Wizard » Sun Nov 17, 2019 2:11 pm

someone else wrote:Problem with some bands (BG, Epica) is that they're bigger in Europe so will get better offers on the mainland to consider in a crowded Euro festival calendar. A smaller festival could be in a worse position to make an attractive offer.

Fair point. I just took the first two bands who came into my head that might have the appropriate status I was looking for. But most Metal bands are bigger in Europe than in the UK, hence the much bigger Metal festivals in Europe.

houston4044
Denim Demon

Postby houston4044 » Mon Nov 18, 2019 2:57 pm

Black Wizard wrote:
JB65 wrote: I feel the organisers are turning in a different direction to the BOA i used to enjoy attending.

If BOA continues down this route, does anyone reckon that other smaller Metal festivals (such as Amplified, if it returns) might decide to upscale and book the bands who have been ignored by Bloodstock over the last few years? In the old days of the smaller capacity Bloodstock the likes of Blind Guardian or Epica could have commanded a headline slot but are now special guests at best. Perhaps a smaller festival could book these sort of bands and draw away some of the traditional Bloodstock crowd.

It's a chicken or the egg situation though, are those bands not booked because they're small draws or are they small draws because they've never had a good chance? Big financial risk for whoever would do it though; as pointed out unless the band is willing to take a smaller fee in order to break the country, they'll stick to the continent.

varangian wrote:This forum has a lot of loyal supporters of the festival who have been going for many years, it would make common sense for the promoters to get a better view of everything from the toilets, sound quality, camping, band requests here-You would think so anyway

Festivals make their living off casual fans though, who're more likely to go on facebook than on a dedicated forum.

Aaaarrrrgggghhhh
I am the Law!

Postby Aaaarrrrgggghhhh » Tue Nov 19, 2019 12:35 pm

All avenues of interaction have their pluses and minuses. Although there aren't as many discussions on here these days, there are still a good number of folk who use the forums as their information gathering area.

The forums allow for a more personal experience and I for one prefer that.

SlaytanicBacon
Definitely Not Nu

Postby SlaytanicBacon » Fri Nov 22, 2019 9:57 am

Vicky has confirmed next announcement is on Tuesday 26th :D

bloodofthekings
Paster of Muppets

Postby bloodofthekings » Fri Nov 22, 2019 10:40 am

SlaytanicBacon wrote:Vicky has confirmed next announcement is on Tuesday 26th :D

Yet more speculation and yet more let-down on the Mercyful Fate front I expect. They've just been confirmed for both Sweden Rock and Rock the Castle in Italy. Fingers still crossed.

jwh20
Slayer of Wimps/Posers

Postby jwh20 » Fri Nov 22, 2019 11:54 am

varangian wrote:Why not ask this forum or even the awful FB page for 2-3 Priest songs that they would

Petition for Turbo IN FULL

houston4044
Denim Demon

Postby houston4044 » Fri Nov 22, 2019 12:53 pm

SlaytanicBacon wrote:Vicky has confirmed next announcement is on Tuesday 26th :D

Ghost will have finished their tour by then.

Cattle Decapitation (who apprantly self confirmed), Tribulation, Havok and Hatebreed (announced a tour for next year) is my guess

Nicktrix
Lowly Peon

Postby Nicktrix » Fri Nov 22, 2019 1:55 pm

So many good bands playing the festival circuit next year (e.g. Mercyful Fate, Avantasia 20th anniversary, Saxon, Testement etc etc ) that it will be interesting to see who is announced next.

None of those probably though.

Jay1993
Knight of the Eemerald Svord

Postby Jay1993 » Fri Nov 22, 2019 9:53 pm

Saxon announced as special guests for Judas Priest on their German dates next summer so I guess they're nailed on as SG's for the Sunday of Bloodstock too!

Gandalf the Red
Denim Demon

Postby Gandalf the Red » Fri Nov 22, 2019 10:48 pm

jwh20 wrote:
varangian wrote:Why not ask this forum or even the awful FB page for 2-3 Priest songs that they would

So they are going to play an album that totally tanked in the UK, where they lost vast amounts of their UK fanbase, for which they boycotted the UK on the tour and refused to play here for years until they released a decent album. Even when they did play the UK again no songs from Turbo were in the set.

You are expecting them to play that in full?
“He likes having the ball, playing football, passes. It’s like an orchestra. But it’s a silent song. But I like heavy metal more. I always want it loud.” - Jürgen Klopp

Skippy
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby Skippy » Fri Nov 22, 2019 11:17 pm

Jay1993 wrote:Saxon announced as special guests for Judas Priest on their German dates next summer so I guess they're nailed on as SG's for the Sunday of Bloodstock too!

I sincerely hope not. Very boring band. Although it seems inevitable.
BANDS I LIKE FOR BLOODSTOCK!!!

Methuen
Warrior of Metal

Postby Methuen » Sat Nov 23, 2019 8:54 am

Skippy wrote:
Jay1993 wrote:Saxon announced as special guests for Judas Priest on their German dates next summer so I guess they're nailed on as SG's for the Sunday of Bloodstock too!

I sincerely hope not. Very boring band. Although it seems inevitable.

Back to the pavilion with your heresy, and take my mixed metaphors with you. Saxon will be excellent, being a proper hard working band, rather than some media luvvie like Nergal :flame:
Indoor 2005, 2006
BOA 2008, 2018, 2019

varangian
Consort of the Beast

Postby varangian » Sat Nov 23, 2019 10:03 am

Would please a lot of people, myself included and make a ticket very worthwhile

Gandalf the Red wrote:
jwh20 wrote:

So they are going to play an album that totally tanked in the UK, where they lost vast amounts of their UK fanbase, for which they boycotted the UK on the tour and refused to play here for years until they released a decent album. Even when they did play the UK again no songs from Turbo were in the set.

You are expecting them to play that in full?

They do roll out that awful title track still and have brought back the stand out cut "out in the cold" on their last tour.
It could be worse "last rose of Summer " and "You say yes", spring to mind :lol: