Next Announcement

For general discussion of all things B.O.A.
PowerThrash
Warrior of Metal

Re: Next Announcement

Postby PowerThrash » Tue Nov 26, 2019 12:07 pm

MMMmmmmmm, quite an uninspiring announcement today, it looks like I won't be attending next year (the first time for many years), the only draw for me at the mo is Judas Priest and Gloryhammer. :( :( :(

metalicbear
Consort of the Beast

Postby metalicbear » Tue Nov 26, 2019 1:02 pm

Do they even care anymore?

Smerphy
Leather Rebel

Postby Smerphy » Tue Nov 26, 2019 1:06 pm

Great announcement imo, Cattle Decap are the biggest Death Metal band going, Green Lung are the biggest metal band to come out of the UK in years and Memoriam are a solid booking too. Still going unless they book MF but very solid announcement today.
Gandalf the Red wrote:
Fjar wrote:Guy on the far-right has just remembered he left the oven on.

That comment can be read very diffferently than what was meant. :lol:

bloodfiend
Denim Demon

Postby bloodfiend » Tue Nov 26, 2019 1:49 pm

gazsetsfire wrote:Who the hell are Bloodywood??

Was also thinking that, I pay attention to new bands, and I've literally never heard of them.

Listening they sound like Biohazard, with the gimmick of having Indian instruments and singing on the choruses. Sounds proper shit

Baldy77
Consort of the Beast

Postby Baldy77 » Tue Nov 26, 2019 2:18 pm

Bloodywood are good fun and I like them. Wouldn't have thought they were big enough as Sophie headliners though.

Maybe the budget has been spent as mentioned

jwh20
Slayer of Wimps/Posers

Postby jwh20 » Tue Nov 26, 2019 2:53 pm

[quote="Smerphy"]Green Lung are the biggest metal band to come out of the UK in years /quote]
Citation needed. They're good, but really?

i0th
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby i0th » Tue Nov 26, 2019 3:05 pm

I really like Bloodywood, but amazed they're headlining Sophie.
Bossk, Ramage Inc and Green Lung all get a thumbs up from me (though I'd never heard of Green Lung before, fuck knows how they're supposedly "the biggest metal band to come out of the UK in years")
Cattle Decapitation and Memoriam (they seem to be everywhere) don't do anything for me.

Saturday is definitely looking the weakest day again.
Hell ain't a bad place to be(er)

BS 02 03 04 | BGOA | WOA 04 05 06 07 12 | MoR 06 | LE | BOA 09 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 | R1BW 11 19 | Soni 11 | HRH 13 15 | HL 14 15 17 18 19 | HF 15 | HRHDvS 16 | HRHM 18

slayerslays
Consort of the Beast

Postby slayerslays » Tue Nov 26, 2019 3:19 pm

Cattle Decap and Memoriam excellent- Green Lung - never thought they were metal really anyway

houston4044
Denim Demon

Postby houston4044 » Tue Nov 26, 2019 4:28 pm

bloodofthekings wrote:
i0th wrote:No chance Ghost have dropped below headliner.

I'd assumed that was more referring to the possibility of Tribulation being booked.

Yep, meant Tribulation (which was wrong anyway haha)

Bloodywood- Credit due for being a new booking that changes things up but would of been good getting a similar slot to Burgerkill as putting them as headliner just looks weak. Pretty average for me tbh.

Memoriam- Good band but they seemingly play every other year now, probably end up watching but would of preferred someone new (especially since they follow Paradise Lost who themselves are regular repeats).

Ramage Inc and Bossk- Yet more repeats

Green Lung- Sound alright, don't do much for me but don't put me off.

Cattle Decapitation- :yes: New album looks to be a banger so will be good to see them when i'm fully acquainted with the the new material. Shame they aren't on main though, would of been great to swap them and Diamond Head :rolleyes:

Some great gems on that line up that make it better than the last 2 years for me but seems now the slide to mediocrity has started.

Skippy
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby Skippy » Tue Nov 26, 2019 4:50 pm

The fact that they are announcing this before Christmas is a terrible sign. These are the big hitters that you are trying to sell early bird tickets off? Oh dear.

Bloodywood should not be headlining the Sophie. I'd never heard of them. They aren't that bad, sound a bit too nu-metally for me but I'd maybe give them five minutes, but stage headliners they are not.

Cattle Decap and Memoriam I can respect where they are, really not my thing though. Also, what the hell was the idea of having them both on the SATURDAY? They'll both end up if not clashing then playing immediately before and after Behemoth. Have they still not learned why having bands of the same genre closing a day is a bad idea? I'm incredibly put off by going now, because it means my Saturday finished at 8.15, and that's if I like the Special Guests enough to watch them.

Bossk and Ramage, Inc. are both decent bookings. Repeats, sure, but they are the kind of band that fills out the Sophie quite well. Still, not sure why they've been announced now.

Green Lung sound like an average stoner band to me. I could watch them, but I probably wouldn't bother.
BANDS I LIKE FOR BLOODSTOCK!!!

bloodfiend
Denim Demon

Postby bloodfiend » Tue Nov 26, 2019 4:57 pm

jwh20 wrote:
Smerphy wrote:Green Lung are the biggest metal band to come out of the UK in years /quote]
Citation needed. They're good, but really?

They've got no Wikipedia page and their last London gig was at Dingwalls, so they seem pretty tiny tbh.

metaldinosaur
Leather Rebel

Postby metaldinosaur » Tue Nov 26, 2019 5:17 pm

Nothing for me there. Concerning last year's Sophie headliners this is a big let down.

I'm still a 'no' on the weekend ticket atm.
Welcome to a brave new world/ The future here or haven't you heard?

SlaytanicBacon
Definitely Not Nu

Postby SlaytanicBacon » Tue Nov 26, 2019 5:23 pm

My hope is not lost as this is only an announcement for Sophie Stage bands and we still have the majority of the main stage bands to be announced, along with 2 of the special guests.

Smerphy
Leather Rebel

Postby Smerphy » Tue Nov 26, 2019 5:26 pm

As far as shows go they seem to still be playing pretty humble venues, but they have 20000 monthly listeners on Spotify(more than Memoriam, Venom Prison etc.) and 1000 album sales on Bandcamp, may not seem like much now but those are very respectable numbers for a band who just released their debut in May. Only UK band to put up those kinds of numbers right out the gate in recent years was maybe Saor?
Gandalf the Red wrote:
Fjar wrote:Guy on the far-right has just remembered he left the oven on.

That comment can be read very diffferently than what was meant. :lol:

phuqsticks
Consort of the Beast

Postby phuqsticks » Tue Nov 26, 2019 5:31 pm

Bloodywood are the kind of band I'd be interested in seeing if they were somewhere down the bill on the Sophie Stage, but headliners? Really?

I like Green Lung, but sadly there is still nowhere near enough announced to make we want to buy a ticket