Next Announcement

For general discussion of all things B.O.A.
User avatar
einherjer
Knight of the Eemerald Svord
Posts: 658
Joined: Sun Oct 01, 2006 8:50 pm
Location: Merthyr Tydfil

Re: Next Announcement

Postby einherjer » Sat Jan 11, 2020 12:27 am

I'd really like some good old or (new as it were) 'Eavy Metal. Visigoth, Haunt or Eternal Champion for example.
It's always darkest before it goes completely black.

User avatar
metaldinosaur
Leather Rebel
Posts: 1170
Joined: Sun Mar 27, 2011 3:56 pm
Location: Leeds

Re: Next Announcement

Postby metaldinosaur » Sat Jan 11, 2020 10:56 am

einherjer wrote:I'd really like some good old or (new as it were) 'Eavy Metal. Visigoth, Haunt or Eternal Champion for example.


It would be good to see the fest give this type of band a shot.
Welcome to a brave new world/ The future here or haven't you heard?

User avatar
some_thing_wild
Paster of Muppets
Posts: 1841
Joined: Mon Sep 22, 2008 7:34 pm
Location: Essex, UK
Contact:

Re: Next Announcement

Postby some_thing_wild » Sat Jan 11, 2020 1:21 pm

Do we still have 1 more special guests slot to fill?
Image

Methuen
Warrior of Metal
Posts: 188
Joined: Mon Aug 13, 2018 10:35 am

Re: Next Announcement

Postby Methuen » Sun Jan 12, 2020 8:18 am

Good news everyone - Vicky confirmed (on the facebook group) that Code Orange are NOT playing this year. :yes:
Indoor 2005, 2006
BOA 2008, 2018, 2019

User avatar
fluffkitten
Paster of Muppets
Posts: 1528
Joined: Sat Jul 16, 2011 10:52 am
Location: Nottingham

Re: Next Announcement

Postby fluffkitten » Sun Jan 12, 2020 1:42 pm

Methuen wrote:Good news everyone - Vicky confirmed (on the facebook group) that Code Orange are NOT playing this year. :yes:


Not in the slightest bit upset by that. :)
a caffeine addict and known hater of mornings :coffee:

User avatar
i0th
Hell Bent for Leather
Posts: 2163
Joined: Tue Aug 04, 2009 12:53 pm
Location: Teesside

Re: Next Announcement

Postby i0th » Mon Jan 13, 2020 9:33 am

Methuen wrote:Good news everyone - Vicky confirmed (on the facebook group) that Code Orange are NOT playing this year. :yes:


Fucking result
Hell ain't a bad place to be(er)

BS 02 03 04 | BGOA | WOA 04 05 06 07 12 | MoR 06 | LE | BOA 09 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 | R1BW 11 19 | Soni 11 | HRH 13 15 | HL 14 15 17 18 19 | HF 15 | HRHDvS 16 | HRHM 18

Jay1993
Knight of the Eemerald Svord
Posts: 718
Joined: Sun Jul 06, 2014 8:21 pm

Re: Next Announcement

Postby Jay1993 » Mon Jan 13, 2020 11:06 am

Y'all might be happy that Code Orange ain't playing, but that probably means we'll be getting someone like Hatebreed/Jasta instead. :lol:

I mean, at least Code Orange are doing something different with hardcore!

bloodofthekings
Paster of Muppets
Posts: 1796
Joined: Thu Jun 16, 2005 9:38 am
Location: Leeds
Contact:

Re: Next Announcement

Postby bloodofthekings » Mon Jan 13, 2020 12:35 pm

Jay1993 wrote:Y'all might be happy that Code Orange ain't playing, but that probably means we'll be getting someone like Hatebreed/Jasta instead. :lol:

I mean, at least Code Orange are doing something different with hardcore!


They are. They've somehow made it shitter than it was before :lol:

Jay1993
Knight of the Eemerald Svord
Posts: 718
Joined: Sun Jul 06, 2014 8:21 pm

Re: Next Announcement

Postby Jay1993 » Mon Jan 13, 2020 3:28 pm

bloodofthekings wrote:
Jay1993 wrote:Y'all might be happy that Code Orange ain't playing, but that probably means we'll be getting someone like Hatebreed/Jasta instead. :lol:

I mean, at least Code Orange are doing something different with hardcore!


They are. They've somehow made it shitter than it was before :lol:


Ffs. :lol:

Dombag
Warrior of Metal
Posts: 123
Joined: Fri Jul 18, 2008 5:50 pm

Re: Next Announcement

Postby Dombag » Mon Jan 13, 2020 8:34 pm

I for one would love to see Moonsorrow headline the Sophie tent, but I'm giving serious thought to going abroad to see them with Primordial.

But, I may have heard that a certain band will be playing Bloodstock this year. I'll give you a hint. they're on tour now, doing UK exclusive headline shows. Gotta be vague with this one, cos I love being a tit.
home of metal breakdown http://stbproduction.blogspot.co.uk/

User avatar
Czech's Mate
Denim Demon
Posts: 4079
Joined: Thu Sep 02, 2010 7:58 pm
Location: Northampton....not Wellingborough!

Re: Next Announcement

Postby Czech's Mate » Mon Jan 13, 2020 9:41 pm

i0th wrote:
Methuen wrote:Good news everyone - Vicky confirmed (on the facebook group) that Code Orange are NOT playing this year. :yes:


Fucking result


This
Television is the opium of the people

kanet666 wrote: I can deal with the odd Slipknot track now and then. Pantera on the other hand are dreadful and I'd rather stab myself in the eye with a rusty fork than put up with them.

User avatar
some_thing_wild
Paster of Muppets
Posts: 1841
Joined: Mon Sep 22, 2008 7:34 pm
Location: Essex, UK
Contact:

Re: Next Announcement

Postby some_thing_wild » Tue Jan 14, 2020 9:53 am

Dombag wrote:I for one would love to see Moonsorrow headline the Sophie tent, but I'm giving serious thought to going abroad to see them with Primordial.

But, I may have heard that a certain band will be playing Bloodstock this year. I'll give you a hint. they're on tour now, doing UK exclusive headline shows. Gotta be vague with this one, cos I love being a tit.

Sleep Token?
Image

User avatar
Tet
Denim Demon
Posts: 8831
Joined: Wed Mar 31, 2004 8:09 pm
Location: Harrow
Contact:

Re: Next Announcement

Postby Tet » Tue Jan 14, 2020 11:36 am

some_thing_wild wrote:Sleep Token?

Ha ha. I gave one of them a lift back to London after they played Download, only my car caught fire on the M1 and we had to wait on the hard shoulder for several hours for recovery. We got back to London some time after dawn. Fun times. They'd be a bit left field, but probably a reasonable booking for the tent.
CH3NO2 -- It's the only way to be sure
You laugh at me because I'm different. I pity you, you're all the same...

henryburch4
Powermetal Child
Posts: 39
Joined: Mon Nov 04, 2019 1:54 pm

Re: Next Announcement

Postby henryburch4 » Tue Jan 14, 2020 11:44 am

gonna have a guess and say nekrogoblikon or however its spelt , tour finishes tomorrow and the shows where uk exclusive before supporting gloryhammer in europe. never really listened to them but them seem okay

would be so happy if sleep token play. blew me away at atg last year. sam smith meets meshuggah <3

also great to be back used to be active on these forums loads back in 2012 but lost all account stuff and finally re joined

User avatar
Skippy
Hell Bent for Leather
Posts: 2257
Joined: Wed May 19, 2010 7:12 pm
Location: Somewhere crap

Re: Next Announcement

Postby Skippy » Tue Jan 14, 2020 12:39 pm

Also say Nekrogoblikon. Saw them last night, they were pretty good, and would fill the Evil Scarecrow slot pretty decently. The singer was a bit weird though, very little crowd interaction which doesn't really work for a gimmick band.
BANDS I LIKE FOR BLOODSTOCK!!!