Next Announcement

For general discussion of all things B.O.A.
some_thing_wild
Paster of Muppets

Re: Next Announcement

Postby some_thing_wild » Thu Jan 16, 2020 8:43 pm

Gonna assume they've blown the budget on Priest again. Also gonna assume Mercyful Fate will headline next year.

If they're gonna continue with the more mainstream bands the they could do with adding another stage at some point and bring back some folk/power to try to get the best of both worlds

varangian
Consort of the Beast

Postby varangian » Thu Jan 16, 2020 8:52 pm

Sunday headliner next year will be Evanescence

I also expect Bodycount,Code Orange, Dog Eat Dog and Evil Scarecrow

I would like to think I am joking

some_thing_wild
Paster of Muppets

Postby some_thing_wild » Thu Jan 16, 2020 9:19 pm

Cypress Hill 2022

bloodfiend
Denim Demon

Postby bloodfiend » Fri Jan 17, 2020 9:25 am

dvl666 wrote:
bloodfiend wrote:
metaldinosaur wrote:I like the headliners still, but that is, for me, the weakest undercard they have had.

I don't even like the headliners, Devin I've never understood the appeal, Behemoth I like but they play everywhere so a headline performance by them hardly makes me buy a ticket, and Priest I like but nothing more.

Following on from the distinctly meh headliners, we get:

Friday - naff thrash from Sacred Reich, the forgettable Dark Tranquility, knuckle dragging meathead crap from goold ole Phil, and the utterly shite Skindred. Let's go to the Sophie stage, yay there's some headliner I've never heard off, some dull post rock, and a couple of lame death metal bands. Well that was a poo day.

Saturday - Conjurer I remember seeing and they were dull so I'll stay in bed for them, Toxic Holocaust are just a poor man's Skeletonwitch so I'll have a beer instead, wow Sylosis are still a thing, but they're still dull so I won't bother with them, another beer methinks. Jinjer, haha what a load of wank, more beer. Vio-lence might see I suppose but hardly excited about, Bury Tomorrow sound dogshit, more beer. After all that beer instead of bands I'd probably be too wasted to see Paradise Lost and Behemoth. And why exactly are Winterfylleth in the tent and Conjurer on the main stage?

Sunday - Butcher Babies sound naff, and the decaying old Diamond Head are never any good live, Life Of Agony were shit 25 years ago and still will be now, Orange Goblin have always been dull, Black Dahlia I don't like at all.....ah I do love Gloryhammer though! Saxon I can take or leave, same with Priest. For some reason the fab Unleash The Archers are on the second stage, headlined by the supreme knuckle draggers that are Hatebreed. What a shit day.

This almost seems like a calculated effort on the festival's part to rid it of it's original power metal fanbase, and usher in the "new look" festival.

So why are you bothering if you hate the line up so much then?

When did I say I was bothering?

I'm not bothering, I attended every Bloodstock up to 2017, but eventually my loyalty waned as the line ups got worse and worse, and after that I discovered the awesome Brutal Assault festival which is on the same weekend and I've attended every year since in place of Bloodstock.

However I'm on the forum, so I'm still fully entitles to give my opinions on the line up.

bloodfiend
Denim Demon

Postby bloodfiend » Fri Jan 17, 2020 9:29 am

varangian wrote:

Clawfinger, One Minute Silence and American Head Charge as Sophie headliners.

i0th
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby i0th » Fri Jan 17, 2020 11:36 am

bloodfiend wrote:One Minute Silence […] as Sophie headliners.

YES PLEASE
Hell ain't a bad place to be(er)

BS 02 03 04 | BGOA | WOA 04 05 06 07 12 | MoR 06 | LE | BOA 09 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 | R1BW 11 19 | Soni 11 | HRH 13 15 | HL 14 15 17 18 19 | HF 15 | HRHDvS 16 | HRHM 18

metaldinosaur
Leather Rebel

Postby metaldinosaur » Fri Jan 17, 2020 2:56 pm

varangian wrote:Sunday headliner next year will be Evanescence

Well, I think your right in your implication. That could well be in the lineup now. It would probably run along with other better (from my point of view) bands, but it's not unrealistic. The future will depend on how this year sells imo.
Welcome to a brave new world/ The future here or haven't you heard?

metaldinosaur
Leather Rebel

Postby metaldinosaur » Fri Jan 17, 2020 2:57 pm

i0th wrote:
bloodfiend wrote:One Minute Silence […] as Sophie headliners.

YES PLEASE

No thank you.
Welcome to a brave new world/ The future here or haven't you heard?

dvl666
Consort of the Beast

Postby dvl666 » Fri Jan 17, 2020 6:20 pm

bloodfiend wrote:
dvl666 wrote:
bloodfiend wrote:
I don't even like the headliners, Devin I've never understood the appeal, Behemoth I like but they play everywhere so a headline performance by them hardly makes me buy a ticket, and Priest I like but nothing more.

Friday - naff thrash from Sacred Reich, the forgettable Dark Tranquility, knuckle dragging meathead crap from goold ole Phil, and the utterly shite Skindred. Let's go to the Sophie stage, yay there's some headliner I've never heard off, some dull post rock, and a couple of lame death metal bands. Well that was a poo day.

Saturday - Conjurer I remember seeing and they were dull so I'll stay in bed for them, Toxic Holocaust are just a poor man's Skeletonwitch so I'll have a beer instead, wow Sylosis are still a thing, but they're still dull so I won't bother with them, another beer methinks. Jinjer, haha what a load of wank, more beer. Vio-lence might see I suppose but hardly excited about, Bury Tomorrow sound dogshit, more beer. After all that beer instead of bands I'd probably be too wasted to see Paradise Lost and Behemoth. And why exactly are Winterfylleth in the tent and Conjurer on the main stage?

Sunday - Butcher Babies sound naff, and the decaying old Diamond Head are never any good live, Life Of Agony were shit 25 years ago and still will be now, Orange Goblin have always been dull, Black Dahlia I don't like at all.....ah I do love Gloryhammer though! Saxon I can take or leave, same with Priest. For some reason the fab Unleash The Archers are on the second stage, headlined by the supreme knuckle draggers that are Hatebreed. What a shit day.

This almost seems like a calculated effort on the festival's part to rid it of it's original power metal fanbase, and usher in the "new look" festival.

So why are you bothering if you hate the line up so much then?

When did I say I was bothering?

I'm not bothering, I attended every Bloodstock up to 2017, but eventually my loyalty waned as the line ups got worse and worse, and after that I discovered the awesome Brutal Assault festival which is on the same weekend and I've attended every year since in place of Bloodstock.

However I'm on the forum, so I'm still fully entitles to give my opinions on the line up.

Wow that's a very in depth analysis of a line up you won't be watching, still my apologies I made a presumption you were going :D

JD_B3E5
Warrior of Metal

Postby JD_B3E5 » Fri Jan 17, 2020 7:18 pm

bloodfiend wrote:
metaldinosaur wrote:I like the headliners still, but that is, for me, the weakest undercard they have had.

You must be fun at parties. :lol:

Black no. 1
Lowly Peon

Postby Black no. 1 » Fri Jan 17, 2020 7:18 pm

some_thing_wild wrote:If they're gonna continue with the more mainstream bands the they could do with adding another stage at some point and bring back some folk/power to try to get the best of both worlds

I think they need something else on whilst headliners are on. I understand they want the whole crowd to watch the main bands, but if they're not your cup of tea, their should be an alternative as it's dull as dishwater otherwise.

The Sophie headliners playing after the main stage headliners are usually on way too late in the day for most people, especially on a Sunday. Perhaps they could do what Sonisphere used to do and a few Euro fests where you have the Tent headliner on at the same time as the Main stage headliner and then a band on after for those who like to stay up. Either that or alternate the bands.

I like the idea of themed stages too, like what Hellfest and I believe Download have started to do. A stoner tent or a black/death metal tent would be cool. Could easily be implemented at BOA.

Bearded Theory have 7 stages at the same venue as BOA and attract bigger acts with a smaller capacity and run more entertainment for everyone.

Cassius
Consort of the Beast

Postby Cassius » Fri Jan 17, 2020 8:04 pm

Black no. 1 wrote:The Sophie headliners playing after the main stage headliners are usually on way too late in the day for most people, especially on a Sunday. Perhaps they could do what Sonisphere used to do and a few Euro fests where you have the Tent headliner on at the same time as the Main stage headliner and then a band on after for those who like to stay up. Either that or alternate the bands.

They used to have the Sophie headliner overlapping main stage but loads of people complained so they changed it.

I dont think they can really win on this 1

fluffkitten
Paster of Muppets

Postby fluffkitten » Fri Jan 17, 2020 11:03 pm

Cassius wrote:
Black no. 1 wrote:The Sophie headliners playing after the main stage headliners are usually on way too late in the day for most people, especially on a Sunday. Perhaps they could do what Sonisphere used to do and a few Euro fests where you have the Tent headliner on at the same time as the Main stage headliner and then a band on after for those who like to stay up. Either that or alternate the bands.

They used to have the Sophie headliner overlapping main stage but loads of people complained so they changed it.

I dont think they can really win on this 1

Tried it one year and gave up after that. Been wanting an alternative to the headliner since there is always at least one headliner I don't like for years.
a caffeine addict and known hater of mornings :coffee:

Skippy
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby Skippy » Fri Jan 17, 2020 11:27 pm

some_thing_wild wrote:If they're gonna continue with the more mainstream bands the they could do with adding another stage at some point and bring back some folk/power to try to get the best of both worlds

Considering the quality of the bands they are getting in the last few years I'm pretty sure they can't afford to expand like that. I get the feeling they are struggling a bit, over the last few years especially. Maybe that's what comes with alienating your core audience for the sake of chasing an overcrowded market.
BANDS I LIKE FOR BLOODSTOCK!!!

Baldy77
Consort of the Beast

Postby Baldy77 » Sat Jan 18, 2020 12:45 am

Bearded theory has 7 stages??! Bloody hell