Next Announcement

For general discussion of all things B.O.A.
Czech's Mate
Denim Demon

Re: Next Announcement

Postby Czech's Mate » Wed Apr 22, 2020 8:18 pm

Skippy wrote:
i0th wrote:I do hope we can have Devin next year.

Devin, Dark Tranquility, Night Flight Orchestra and Unleash the Archers...other than that scrap the whole year, it was a shitshow even before this happened. I sincerely hope Bloodstock don't try and stick too close to this lineup in future, it really isn't worth trying to rehash it.

There are a couple of other keepers for me (Svalbard being one and even though they have played recently I do love a bit of Winterfylleth) other than that I totally agree
Television is the opium of the people

kanet666 wrote: I can deal with the odd Slipknot track now and then. Pantera on the other hand are dreadful and I'd rather stab myself in the eye with a rusty fork than put up with them.

phuqsticks
Consort of the Beast

Postby phuqsticks » Thu Apr 23, 2020 10:47 am

i0th wrote:
Bizza wrote:
Skippy wrote:Devin, Dark Tranquility, Night Flight Orchestra and Unleash the Archers...other than that scrap the whole year, it was a shitshow even before this happened. I sincerely hope Bloodstock don't try and stick too close to this lineup in future, it really isn't worth trying to rehash it.

Need to keep Gloryhammer and Saxon too.

I'd keep most of Sunday tbh, Diamond Head, Orange GOblin, Priest, Idle Hands and Black Dahlia. Drop Hatebreed and make Unleash the Archers Sophie headliners though.

I'll 2nd that, especially the bit about changing Sophie Headliners!

bloodofthekings
Paster of Muppets

Postby bloodofthekings » Thu Apr 23, 2020 1:23 pm

Keep Sunday & Paradise Lost and bin the rest.

Baldy77
Consort of the Beast

Postby Baldy77 » Thu Apr 23, 2020 2:46 pm

Hopefully the better bands will agree to postpone until next year when it's all announced ss I'm sure it will be

Black Wizard
Leather Rebel

Postby Black Wizard » Thu Apr 23, 2020 3:50 pm

https://www.baltictimes.com/judas_pries ... postponed/

Judas Priest are looking to reschedule their entire tour. RIP BOA 2020.

Bizza
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby Bizza » Thu Apr 23, 2020 7:41 pm

Black Wizard wrote:https://www.baltictimes.com/judas_priest_concert_in_tallinn_apparently_to_be_postponed/

Judas Priest are looking to reschedule their entire tour. RIP BOA 2020.

Feels like we're just waiting for the inevitable announcment from BOA now :(
BOA - '07, '08, '09, '10, '11, '12, '13, '14, '15, '16, '17, '18,' 19.
Warhorns '12 '15 '16
WOA - '15
Damnation - '12
Download - '16 (Never fucking again)

Soze
Denim Demon

Postby Soze » Fri Apr 24, 2020 6:21 pm

Beautiful Days Festival cancelled today, that's 2 weeks after Bloodstock.

bloodfiend
Denim Demon

Postby bloodfiend » Sat Apr 25, 2020 8:26 am

I was thinking there was a remote chance it will happen, but I'm 99% sure it won't now. I work in the film industry and cinemas are unlikely to open until August at the earliest, and even then only at limited capacity. And that's just cinemas, gigs and festivals are much closer events and will be the very last thing to happen.

Unfortunately this means that my beloved Brutal Assault in Czech Rep will get the axe too. Bah.

On a hilarious note, Guns N Roses are still selling tickets for their London gigs at the end of May.

bloodofthekings
Paster of Muppets

Postby bloodofthekings » Sat Apr 25, 2020 9:27 am

The final nail in the coffin for me was the other day at the daily briefing when Prof. Whitty said that some form of social distancing will need to remain in place for the rest of the year.
If festival & gig promoters think that live music events will be able to go ahead under those circumstances then they're living in a fantasy world

Ghost
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby Ghost » Sat Apr 25, 2020 10:44 am

bloodofthekings wrote:The final nail in the coffin for me was the other day at the daily briefing when Prof. Whitty said that some form of social distancing will need to remain in place for the rest of the year.
If festival & gig promoters think that live music events will be able to go ahead under those circumstances then they're living in a fantasy world

Chairs only and people have to put their hands up to use the toilet. :lol:
I see the bad moon arising.

the conjuror
Consort of the Beast

Postby the conjuror » Sun Apr 26, 2020 1:36 am

bloodofthekings wrote:The final nail in the coffin for me was the other day at the daily briefing when Prof. Whitty said that some form of social distancing will need to remain in place for the rest of the year.

There's a Government advisor in the US who has reiterated 3 or 4 times in the past couple of weeks that mass gatherings, i.e sporting events and concerts etc shouldn't take place until at least the Autumn of 2021!! Those are his guidelines and that's what he's advising the top brass in North America.
When I first came across that as a headline I just presumed he was some nutty professor that never left University, but no, he is a top advisor to the powers that be. I wouldn't be too surprised if the same thing happened here........
Opinions are like arseholes.....everybody has got one.

Indoor 2002, Indoor 2004, Indoor 2005
BOA 2006, 2007,2008,2009,2010,2011,2012,2013,2014,2016,2017

WorMzy
Denim Demon

Postby WorMzy » Sun Apr 26, 2020 10:12 am

Yeah, but lets not forget that a lot of Americans seem to think that bullets will protect them from the virus, and that by being told to keep a 2m distance from each other their god-given 'Murican Freedoms are being stolen.

We can only hope that, if the lockdown continues for a prolonged period over there, the gun-toting Trump-voting retards will wipe themselves out while the sane stay safe.
"I don't always go to clubs... but when I do, I enter through the ladies room"
~ Adam Jenson

Nicktrix
Powermetal Child

Postby Nicktrix » Mon Apr 27, 2020 9:35 am

Has anyone else noticed that if you go to the main page with the 2020 lineup, and look at the 'previous lineups' dropdown, there is now a Bloodstock 2021 page up. Devin & Judas Priest headlining.

bloodofthekings
Paster of Muppets

Postby bloodofthekings » Mon Apr 27, 2020 10:24 am

Nicktrix wrote:Has anyone else noticed that if you go to the main page with the 2020 lineup, and look at the 'previous lineups' dropdown, there is now a Bloodstock 2021 page up. Devin & Judas Priest headlining.

Just found that - https://www.bloodstock.uk.com/events/boa-2021/stages

Shame that Devin & Behemoth have remained as headliners and that Skindred & Anselmo have remained in high spots - was hoping this lineup would be mostly binned off for an improvement next year.

If I'm able to get a refund (as they said we would a few weeks ago, let's not forget) then I'll definitely do that and probably just get a Sunday day ticket next year if we're gonna have the same lineup

bloodfiend
Denim Demon

Postby bloodfiend » Mon Apr 27, 2020 10:41 am

bloodofthekings wrote:
Nicktrix wrote:Has anyone else noticed that if you go to the main page with the 2020 lineup, and look at the 'previous lineups' dropdown, there is now a Bloodstock 2021 page up. Devin & Judas Priest headlining.

Just found that - https://www.bloodstock.uk.com/events/boa-2021/stages

Shame that Devin & Behemoth have remained as headliners and that Skindred & Anselmo have remained in high spots - was hoping this lineup would be mostly binned off for an improvement next year.

If I'm able to get a refund (as they said we would a few weeks ago, let's not forget) then I'll definitely do that and probably just get a Sunday day ticket next year if we're gonna have the same lineup

So it would be a safe guess they've rolled the top of the line up forward to next year and made the mistake of adjusting the website before they make an announcement.

If so, then the diabolical line up is transferred to 2021.

If this happens it suggests that the deposit for Priest is too high to just cancel the line up, and rolling forward is the only option.