Next Announcement

For general discussion of all things B.O.A.
bloodofthekings
Paster of Muppets

Re: Next Announcement

Postby bloodofthekings » Mon Apr 27, 2020 11:04 am

bloodfiend wrote:
bloodofthekings wrote:
Nicktrix wrote:Has anyone else noticed that if you go to the main page with the 2020 lineup, and look at the 'previous lineups' dropdown, there is now a Bloodstock 2021 page up. Devin & Judas Priest headlining.

Just found that - https://www.bloodstock.uk.com/events/boa-2021/stages

Shame that Devin & Behemoth have remained as headliners and that Skindred & Anselmo have remained in high spots - was hoping this lineup would be mostly binned off for an improvement next year.

If I'm able to get a refund (as they said we would a few weeks ago, let's not forget) then I'll definitely do that and probably just get a Sunday day ticket next year if we're gonna have the same lineup

So it would be a safe guess they've rolled the top of the line up forward to next year and made the mistake of adjusting the website before they make an announcement.

If so, then the diabolical line up is transferred to 2021.

If this happens it suggests that the deposit for Priest is too high to just cancel the line up, and rolling forward is the only option.

Even if the only option is roll our tickets over to next year (I sincerely hope not and they don't go back on their word) then we'll still probably just book one fewer night in the hotel and head down at our leisure on the Saturday for Paradise Lost. As sparse as some Bloodstock line-ups have been for me in the past, I think this may have been the first time there was an entire day's line-up where I didn't want to see a single band.

i0th wrote:Great spot. Suspect they're keeping the top of the line-up to incentivise ticket holders to keep their tickets rather than getting a refund.

For some of us, it incentivises us TO get a refund :lol:

fluffkitten
Paster of Muppets

Postby fluffkitten » Mon Apr 27, 2020 11:38 am

The three they appear to have retained for the Friday makes me hope for some I like on the Sophie stage to prevent me being bored silly.
a caffeine addict and known hater of mornings :coffee:

Black Wizard
Leather Rebel

Postby Black Wizard » Mon Apr 27, 2020 12:42 pm

Judas Priest's logo should say "51 Heavy Metal Years" now. Or are we pretending that 2020 didn't happen and that we'll never speak of it again?

Skippy
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby Skippy » Mon Apr 27, 2020 12:52 pm

I mean it is possible they've just moved the URL over from 2020 and they've just not finished removing all the bands? I'm trying to be hopeful here!

If that is the case its a terrible decision, the headliners are fine I guess but they should at least get some proper special guests in, bands that wouldn't play third down otherwise. Also seems odd that Gloryhammer have been snubbed, as all the other third down bands are on there....

Lets just hope Hatebreed are too busy to come back.
BANDS I LIKE FOR BLOODSTOCK!!!

bloodofthekings
Paster of Muppets

Postby bloodofthekings » Mon Apr 27, 2020 12:58 pm

i0th wrote:Could just be Gloryhammer aren't available next year. Chris might be busy with Alestorm instead.

You got my hopes up then until I realised bloody Alestorm are probably gonna end up playing instead :lol:

Black Wizard
Leather Rebel

Postby Black Wizard » Mon Apr 27, 2020 1:16 pm

i0th wrote:Could just be Gloryhammer aren't available next year. Chris might be busy with Alestorm instead.

I've heard he doesn't tour with Gloryhammer.

Hiraeth
Lowly Peon

Postby Hiraeth » Mon Apr 27, 2020 1:21 pm

Quite correct, Chris hasn't actually actively toured with Gloryhammer for some time now.

Bizza
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby Bizza » Mon Apr 27, 2020 10:26 pm

That 2021 link is dead now, fucking wish they'd just announce the postponment and get it over with.
BOA - '07, '08, '09, '10, '11, '12, '13, '14, '15, '16, '17, '18,' 19.
Warhorns '12 '15 '16
WOA - '15
Damnation - '12
Download - '16 (Never fucking again)

Black Wizard
Leather Rebel

Postby Black Wizard » Mon Apr 27, 2020 10:38 pm

I wasn't planning on going to this year's festival. Fingers crossed they're able to proceed in 2021 with a better line-up! I'll take Gloryhammer and The Night Flight Orchestra from the 2020 line-up, but most of 2020's collection of bands can do one.

PowerThrash
Warrior of Metal

Postby PowerThrash » Tue Apr 28, 2020 10:31 am

I see somebody has sneaked 2021 up on Wiki complete with dates
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bloodstock_Open_Air
Hoping they trash the line-up bar Judas Priest, Saxon and Gloryhammer :rock:

Cassius
Consort of the Beast

Postby Cassius » Tue Apr 28, 2020 10:51 am

Most festivals iv seen are rolling over as much of this years line up as possible and I expect Bloodstock to do the same. Given bands work in festival runs its probably financially nonviable for them to do anything else even if they wanted to

Hiraeth
Lowly Peon

Postby Hiraeth » Tue Apr 28, 2020 11:25 am

Bizza wrote:That 2021 link is dead now, fucking wish they'd just announce the postponment and get it over with.

Obviously I don't know the organisers, but given Vicky's general demeanour on Twitter I wouldn't even be surprised if it was like the Australian Formula 1 and they announce it on the day :lol:

Superniall
Lowly Peon

Postby Superniall » Tue Apr 28, 2020 1:25 pm

JPMC
Warrior of Metal

Postby JPMC » Wed Apr 29, 2020 7:52 am

Personally I felt that 2020 was not lining up to be a great year band-wise. I would say that 2018 was slightly better but not by much. I had a lot of free time let's say. Compare that to 2016 and 2017 I was pretty much constantly busy!

I do wonder if the cost of Judas Priest really does have a big impact on what bands they can afford. While I like Judas Priest, I thought it was a bit odd that they were back again so soon. Maybe Bloodstock isn't big enough for all those A-Listers, but frankly I'd take Twisted Sister over Judas Priest and Dee's solo set last year was one of the stand-out sets by a long way. In fact the headliners last year sucked out loud. No problem, I got to go back to camp and drink til the wee early hours. I guess I care more about the during-the-day bands than the headliners recently.

If it gets rolled to 2021, I'm not sure I'll go. So it really depends on what Bloodstock says. If they're ditching most of the lineup, then I'll hold onto my tickets and take the gamble. If it's the same lineup, I'll likely go the refund route and consider options as they appear.

At the end of the day, it seems overbearingly obvious that this is just an insurance thing. I mean, when was the last announcement? The last one with Video Nasties etc. I think had to happen simply as someone messed up and posted too early. There's been nowt since. Hence I honestly believe they are not committing anymore bands to the lineup until they can confirm that they can cancel and get a payout from their insurances. It just seems like simple bureaucracy at this point and not one you can lay the blame of at the hands of the organisers. I do have sympathy as this fest takes an awful lot of effort so really it's just everybody's waiting game.

bloodofthekings
Paster of Muppets

Postby bloodofthekings » Wed Apr 29, 2020 7:57 am

JPMC wrote:At the end of the day, it seems overbearingly obvious that this is just an insurance thing. I mean, when was the last announcement? The last one with Video Nasties etc. I think had to happen simply as someone messed up and posted too early. There's been nowt since. Hence I honestly believe they are not committing anymore bands to the lineup until they can confirm that they can cancel and get a payout from their insurances. It just seems like simple bureaucracy at this point and not one you can lay the blame of at the hands of the organisers. I do have sympathy as this fest takes an awful lot of effort so really it's just everybody's waiting game.

I don't disagree but when other festivals that were due to happen around the same time have already announced their cancellations, it raises the question of what's so different about their insurance to Bloodstock's