Next Announcement

For general discussion of all things B.O.A.
JPMC
Warrior of Metal
Posts: 163
Joined: Sun Jul 27, 2014 6:59 pm

Re: Next Announcement

Postby JPMC » Tue May 05, 2020 5:02 am

Dammit.

So far, the lineup has about 4 bands for me, maybe 5 if I really push.

Bloodstock are really going to have to pull it out of the bag. Better get on the Wishlist forum, peeps!

bloodofthekings
Paster of Muppets
Posts: 1871
Joined: Thu Jun 16, 2005 9:38 am
Location: Leeds
Contact:

Re: Next Announcement

Postby bloodofthekings » Tue May 05, 2020 7:43 am

So if you want a refund, seetickets require you to send the tickets back to them (fair enough) but also want you to include a copy of the email they sent you as well.
I don't have a printer but fortunately a friend of mine was able to print it off and pop it through the letterbox on his way home.

User avatar
Black Wizard
Leather Rebel
Posts: 1446
Joined: Tue Feb 06, 2007 5:47 pm
Location: Reading

Re: Next Announcement

Postby Black Wizard » Tue May 05, 2020 9:58 am

Sending the ticket back sounds unnecessary. I'd have thought that the barcode could be invalidated by SeeTickets at the click of a button.

i0th2
Powermetal Child
Posts: 30
Joined: Sat May 02, 2020 11:26 pm

Re: Next Announcement

Postby i0th2 » Tue May 05, 2020 10:06 am

Black Wizard wrote:Sending the ticket back sounds unnecessary. I'd have thought that the barcode could be invalidated by SeeTickets at the click of a button.


The barcodes aren't scanned on entry though so invalidating it won't do anything.

User avatar
Black Wizard
Leather Rebel
Posts: 1446
Joined: Tue Feb 06, 2007 5:47 pm
Location: Reading

Re: Next Announcement

Postby Black Wizard » Tue May 05, 2020 11:51 am

I hadn't realized that. Since most venues scan barcodes now I just assumed that Bloodstock had been doing the same.

bloodofthekings
Paster of Muppets
Posts: 1871
Joined: Thu Jun 16, 2005 9:38 am
Location: Leeds
Contact:

Re: Next Announcement

Postby bloodofthekings » Tue May 05, 2020 11:58 am

That's irrelevant though as it's unlikely SeeTickets would know that Bloodstock don't scan barcodes when many venues actually do.

Besides, it's in the SeeTickets refund policy that physical tickets have to be returned to them in order to process refunds. I expect it's more to do with making it impossible for scammers to get a refund and then try and sell an unusable ticket to someone else.

User avatar
Ghost
Hell Bent for Leather
Posts: 2661
Joined: Wed Apr 11, 2007 2:09 pm

Re: Next Announcement

Postby Ghost » Tue May 05, 2020 2:59 pm

bloodofthekings wrote:So if you want a refund, seetickets require you to send the tickets back to them (fair enough) but also want you to include a copy of the email they sent you as well.
I don't have a printer but fortunately a friend of mine was able to print it off and pop it through the letterbox on his way home.


Personally I would send it via recorded delivery. Seems abit wrong them forcing people to go to post offices at the moment.
I see the bad moon arising.

i0th2
Powermetal Child
Posts: 30
Joined: Sat May 02, 2020 11:26 pm

Re: Next Announcement

Postby i0th2 » Tue May 05, 2020 3:23 pm

Line-up page is getting updated atm, will soon see if the bands are just transposed as they were or if anyone's moving around.

bloodofthekings
Paster of Muppets
Posts: 1871
Joined: Thu Jun 16, 2005 9:38 am
Location: Leeds
Contact:

Re: Next Announcement

Postby bloodofthekings » Tue May 05, 2020 4:39 pm

Ghost wrote:
bloodofthekings wrote:So if you want a refund, seetickets require you to send the tickets back to them (fair enough) but also want you to include a copy of the email they sent you as well.
I don't have a printer but fortunately a friend of mine was able to print it off and pop it through the letterbox on his way home.


Personally I would send it via recorded delivery. Seems abit wrong them forcing people to go to post offices at the moment.


Recorded doesn't mean anything right now as Royal Mail isn't asking anyone to sign for post at the moment. And the compensation cover for Recorded only goes up to £20. I bit the bullet and sent it via Special Delivery as the compensation cover goes up to £500 and the total refund amount for me is gonna be nearly £300.

User avatar
Baldy77
Consort of the Beast
Posts: 235
Joined: Sat Aug 16, 2014 9:05 pm
Location: South East

Re: Next Announcement

Postby Baldy77 » Wed May 06, 2020 1:30 pm

Tracked if possible is your best route

Black no. 1
Lowly Peon
Posts: 10
Joined: Fri Jan 17, 2020 7:06 pm

Re: Next Announcement

Postby Black no. 1 » Thu May 07, 2020 6:36 am

2020 lineup was trash. 2021 lineup is trash because its the same lineup minus Behemoth. With the extra day just being a few bands on Sophie, I'm not expecting anything good. Thursday is just all the throwaway stages open. With there being only a few main bands still to announce. I'm out again.

bloodfiend
Denim Demon
Posts: 3299
Joined: Sun Mar 29, 2009 7:30 pm

Re: Next Announcement

Postby bloodfiend » Thu May 07, 2020 9:42 am

Black no. 1 wrote:With the extra day just being a few bands on Sophie.


What? The extra day is a full day with main stage bands.

But yeah 95% of the shit line up from this year moved over, no thanks.

i0th2
Powermetal Child
Posts: 30
Joined: Sat May 02, 2020 11:26 pm

Re: Next Announcement

Postby i0th2 » Thu May 07, 2020 9:45 am

bloodfiend wrote:
Black no. 1 wrote:With the extra day just being a few bands on Sophie.


What? The extra day is a full day with main stage bands.

But yeah 95% of the shit line up from this year moved over, no thanks.



No the extra day is Sophie, Hobgoblin and Jager, Ronnie stage is still only 3 days.

bloodofthekings
Paster of Muppets
Posts: 1871
Joined: Thu Jun 16, 2005 9:38 am
Location: Leeds
Contact:

Re: Next Announcement

Postby bloodofthekings » Thu May 07, 2020 9:46 am

bloodfiend wrote:
Black no. 1 wrote:With the extra day just being a few bands on Sophie.


What? The extra day is a full day with main stage bands.


No it's not. The festival clarified this in response to a question on Facebook. The Weds & Thurs next year are just the Sophie, New Blood & Jager stages. No main stage bands.

bloodfiend
Denim Demon
Posts: 3299
Joined: Sun Mar 29, 2009 7:30 pm

Re: Next Announcement

Postby bloodfiend » Thu May 07, 2020 11:51 am

bloodofthekings wrote:
bloodfiend wrote:
Black no. 1 wrote:With the extra day just being a few bands on Sophie.


What? The extra day is a full day with main stage bands.


No it's not. The festival clarified this in response to a question on Facebook. The Weds & Thurs next year are just the Sophie, New Blood & Jager stages. No main stage bands.


Ah OK, sorry.

Well that's pretty shit, kinda defeats the point of putting on an extra day if it's just low profile bands.