Next Announcement

For general discussion of all things B.O.A.
Hiraeth
Lowly Peon

Re: Next Announcement

Postby Hiraeth » Thu May 21, 2020 5:11 pm

I would imagine the main two realistic options would be Mercyful Fate and Amon Amarth. Both bands that were headlining 2020 festivals over Europe around that time, assuming they take their scheduled performances to 2021 it wouldn't take much for either of them to jump in the slot. Sadly for myself, I would imagine Amon Amarth to be the more likely possibility

phuqsticks
Consort of the Beast

Postby phuqsticks » Thu May 21, 2020 11:53 pm

Kreator put in a better performance last time they played than most headliners I've seen over the years. I'd love to see them taking the step up.

Amon Amarth have already been announced for at least one european festival next July. They have to be a distinct possibility

bloodofthekings
Paster of Muppets

Postby bloodofthekings » Fri May 22, 2020 8:16 am

phuqsticks wrote:Kreator put in a better performance last time they played than most headliners I've seen over the years. I'd love to see them taking the step up.

Amon Amarth have already been announced for at least one european festival next July. They have to be a distinct possibility

On the one hand, I would prefer Mercyful Fate to Amon Amarth. On the other, Amon Amarth would be a massive improvement on Behemoth

i0th2
Powermetal Child

Postby i0th2 » Fri May 22, 2020 8:53 am

Mercyful Fate would be my first pick.

Kreator were superb SGs and would love to see them get the step-up to headliner for their next appearance. Amon Amarth would be very welcome, as would the previously mentioned Anthrax.

Could be Lamb of God returning? Depends on what happens with their tour with Megadeth next year I suppose.

Black Wizard
Leather Rebel

Postby Black Wizard » Fri May 22, 2020 9:06 am

Amon Amarth and Kreator would make me consider buying a ticket, but the organizers will probably get Parkway Drive again. :(

Baldy77
Consort of the Beast

Postby Baldy77 » Fri May 22, 2020 11:32 am

Black Wizard wrote:Amon Amarth and Kreator would make me consider buying a ticket, but the organizers will probably get Parkway Drive again. :(

This must be worse case scenario. Amon Amarth, Kreator, Meryful Fate, Anthrax that's a great list of possibilities

Haldamir319
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby Haldamir319 » Fri May 22, 2020 1:41 pm

Amon Amarth were just announced for Metaldays. They're definitely on the festival circuit. I know it's a repeat - but it would be a good repeat that pleases a fair bunch of people.

Black Wizard
Leather Rebel

Postby Black Wizard » Fri May 22, 2020 3:50 pm

Four years is maybe a bit too soon for a headliner to come back. I think headliners should go through a five year cycle to keep up the variety, but it would be a good repeat for Bloodstock.

JPMC
Warrior of Metal

Postby JPMC » Tue May 26, 2020 12:38 pm

Judas Priest were back after two years....

Haldamir319
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby Haldamir319 » Tue May 26, 2020 1:33 pm

Black Wizard wrote:Four years is maybe a bit too soon for a headliner to come back. I think headliners should go through a five year cycle to keep up the variety, but it would be a good repeat for Bloodstock.

Whilst Bloodstock have been better than Download when it comes to frequency of recycling headliners, it's still very much a case of availability playing into the choices. If Amon Amarth are available, they are an appropriate possibility.

Black Wizard
Leather Rebel

Postby Black Wizard » Thu May 28, 2020 11:14 am

JPMC wrote:Judas Priest were back after two years....

I know, and I was critical of that when the announcement was made.

Greshtallica
Lowly Peon

Postby Greshtallica » Fri May 29, 2020 12:34 pm

I reckon if Judas Priest can come back quite soon then surely Nightwish might be a good Saturday night headliner. They were great in 2018.

New album, probably a whole new stage show and a new setlist.

Might be the last time Bloodstock would get the opportunity.

Oh well - I thought i'd just mention it, I'll now sit back and wait for the torrent of Nightwish haters!

Otherwise Amon Amarth, Kreator or Bl;ind Guardian would be great.

Greshtallica
Lowly Peon

Postby Greshtallica » Fri May 29, 2020 12:35 pm

[quote="Greshtallica"]I reckon if Judas Priest can come back quite soon then surely Nightwish might be a good Saturday night headliner. They were great in 2018.

New album, probably a whole new stage show and a new setlist.

Might be the last time Bloodstock would get the opportunity.

Oh well - I thought i'd just mention it, I'll now sit back and wait for the torrent of Nightwish haters!

Otherwise Amon Amarth, Kreator or Bl;ind Guardian would be great.[/sorry Blind Guardian]

i0th2
Powermetal Child

Postby i0th2 » Fri May 29, 2020 2:19 pm

Would always welcome Nightwish at Bloodstock though I'm still bitter BOA skimped on them the last time and only gave them 90 minutes instead of enough time for the full Decades show.

Black Wizard
Leather Rebel

Postby Black Wizard » Fri May 29, 2020 2:41 pm

Nightwish have a a few UK dates set for the end of this year. In the event that they're postponed I think it's unlikely they'd headline Bloodstock and do arena shows within a few months of each other again.

I'll be happy for Blind Guardian to return. They have a new album on the way so I suppose they'll do their token one UK show in London or at Bloodstock.