Next Announcement

For general discussion of all things B.O.A.
Hiraeth
Lowly Peon

Re: Next Announcement

Postby Hiraeth » Mon Jun 08, 2020 11:51 am

Phil could have used the 'n' word repeatedly through the set and I guarantee he would have gotten away with it if he reformed Pantera with Zakk the day after.

Not a massive fan of eFestivals, they would have been a great idea before the world of being able to find everyones pro filmed sets at most the major festivals. But realistically it's just telling you to do something at a certain time you could do anyway.

bloodofthekings
Paster of Muppets

Postby bloodofthekings » Mon Jun 08, 2020 2:16 pm

Hiraeth wrote:Not a massive fan of eFestivals, they would have been a great idea before the world of being able to find everyones pro filmed sets at most the major festivals. But realistically it's just telling you to do something at a certain time you could do anyway.

Agreed, I couldn't give a shit about virtual festivals, streamed gigs, etc. If I can't be there in person then I'm not interested.

Baldy77
Consort of the Beast

Postby Baldy77 » Mon Jun 08, 2020 3:09 pm

It does seem to be the announcement. Virtual festival.

Bit dissapointing

Skippy
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby Skippy » Mon Jun 08, 2020 4:31 pm

Yeah, also don't care about virtual festivals when you can just watch most band's full sets for free on Youtube. It seems like little more than bands trying to make money, which is fair enough but I'm not interested
BANDS I LIKE FOR BLOODSTOCK!!!

metaldinosaur
Leather Rebel

Postby metaldinosaur » Tue Jun 09, 2020 12:58 am

I will see what their offering but I can't imagine it's gonna be particularly earth shaking stuff.
Welcome to a brave new world/ The future here or haven't you heard?

Black Wizard
Leather Rebel

Postby Black Wizard » Tue Jun 09, 2020 5:48 am

metaldinosaur wrote:I will see what their offering but I can't imagine it's gonna be particularly earth shaking stuff.

Parkway Drive's legendary 2019 headlining set on repeat for three days.

WorMzy
Denim Demon

Postby WorMzy » Wed Jun 17, 2020 10:18 am

"I don't always go to clubs... but when I do, I enter through the ladies room"
~ Adam Jenson

Black Wizard
Leather Rebel

Postby Black Wizard » Wed Jun 17, 2020 11:00 am

" exclusive live performances from a selection of yet-to-be-revealed artists chosen by each festival"

So loads of great bands from the European festivals and Bloodstock will give us Parkway Drive, King 810 and Whitechapel.

bloodofthekings
Paster of Muppets

Postby bloodofthekings » Wed Jun 17, 2020 1:23 pm

Not interested. I appreciate festivals and bands need to do something to keep the cash flowing but this just isn't for me. I don't want some lesser version of normality to remind me of what I want to do but can't. I'd rather just wait it out and enjoy it when I can do so in person.

Soze
Denim Demon

Postby Soze » Fri Jun 19, 2020 11:30 am

I can't see how this will work for metal bands. I've watched a few live streams from the likes of Frank Turner and Levellers singer Mark Chadwick, where they sit with an acoustic guitar in their front room, banter and sing songs. But a metal band...I can't see it. Even if they play from a stage or something, without a crowd to feed off it'll be an empty viewing experience. That said, if it's a way for the festival and bands to make a few quid in these desperate times then it's to be applauded. I may even bung them the six quid even if I don't watch it.

Skippy
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby Skippy » Fri Jun 19, 2020 11:55 am

Soze wrote:I can't see how this will work for metal bands. I've watched a few live streams from the likes of Frank Turner and Levellers singer Mark Chadwick, where they sit with an acoustic guitar in their front room, banter and sing songs. But a metal band...I can't see it. Even if they play from a stage or something, without a crowd to feed off it'll be an empty viewing experience. That said, if it's a way for the festival and bands to make a few quid in these desperate times then it's to be applauded. I may even bung them the six quid even if I don't watch it.

I imagine it'll be like Download's was - footage of past events. As long as it's not mixed up with terrible interviews like that one was it should be ok. Still, not bothered enough to spend any actual money on it.
BANDS I LIKE FOR BLOODSTOCK!!!

Baldy77
Consort of the Beast

Postby Baldy77 » Fri Jun 19, 2020 12:32 pm

Sisters of Suffocation, a death metal band, did a set called the Isolation sessions. They were spaced out and it was really good, best you can get without being there.

The drummer was over on the right as well which made a change from being at the back so that was cool.

I'm not sure whether it will be like that of course

dvl666
Consort of the Beast

Postby dvl666 » Fri Jun 19, 2020 12:42 pm

Dropkick Murphys did a gig the other week from Fenway Park and got Bruce Springsteen to play a couple of songs remotely with them too, it looked pretty cool to be honest and I saw something on I think Metal Injections YouTube with bands doing distanced sets and it worked OK, having said all that I probably won't bother with this and as mentioned above the download TV thing was awful so I definitely hope they don't go down that route.

Black Wizard
Leather Rebel

Postby Black Wizard » Fri Jun 19, 2020 1:02 pm

I've watched a couple of bands do livestreamed performances via Youtube from a studio or small venue. It works pretty well but make sure to ignore the Youtube chatbox which is full of South Americans shouting about which country they are from.

Fake Download was pretty annoying. I didn't care for all the interviews with random people like the official tattoo artist. There was also too much Andy Copping. There was some good live footage but it was interspersed with way too much tangential stuff.

NecroSonata
Powermetal Child

Postby NecroSonata » Fri Jun 19, 2020 2:18 pm

Oranssi Pazuzu's new album stream was fantastic/excellent psychedelic production value.

I don't really expect anyone to top it, though!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PfANRKPnC8M