Next Announcement

For general discussion of all things B.O.A.
User avatar
Green Man III
Consort of the Beast
Posts: 303
Joined: Tue Dec 22, 2015 2:33 am

Re: Next Announcement

Postby Green Man III » Fri Feb 19, 2021 11:38 pm

bloodofthekings wrote:Considering I bought my Saturday day ticket for the sole reason of seeing Mercyful Fate then I'll be getting a refund if they're not there. I'm as keen to get back to live music as most folk but I'm not gonna accept far less than what I paid for just for the sake of watching bands again.



WTF, what's going on with Mercyful Fate??? I live in Canada and haven't been over there since 2016 due to various circumstances. Actually thanks to the pandemic I was able to save up and buy a VIP ticket, but yeah, MF was the final selling point for me.

I still need to buy a plane ticket to get over there so part of the expense if the travel cost for me so I'm waiting anxiously for the final news of the next BOA festival.


Also, I'm listening to Melissa right now and was about to create a new thread but I think I'll hold off on that for now.

bloodofthekings
Hell Bent for Leather
Posts: 2011
Joined: Thu Jun 16, 2005 9:38 am
Location: Leeds
Contact:

Re: Next Announcement

Postby bloodofthekings » Sat Feb 20, 2021 11:28 am

Green Man III wrote:
bloodofthekings wrote:Considering I bought my Saturday day ticket for the sole reason of seeing Mercyful Fate then I'll be getting a refund if they're not there. I'm as keen to get back to live music as most folk but I'm not gonna accept far less than what I paid for just for the sake of watching bands again.



WTF, what's going on with Mercyful Fate??? I live in Canada and haven't been over there since 2016 due to various circumstances. Actually thanks to the pandemic I was able to save up and buy a VIP ticket, but yeah, MF was the final selling point for me.

I still need to buy a plane ticket to get over there so part of the expense if the travel cost for me so I'm waiting anxiously for the final news of the next BOA festival.

Also, I'm listening to Melissa right now and was about to create a new thread but I think I'll hold off on that for now.


It was in reference to the podcast Vicky recently appeared on where she talked about an "all-British" lineup as one of the contingency plans for going ahead this year. If that happened then it would be a definite refund request from me.

At the end of the day, she can have all the back-up plans she wants - if the Govt aren't gonna allow large, unrestricted outdoor gatherings by August (which I sadly doubt they will), then it ain't gonna happen.

User avatar
Skippy
Hell Bent for Leather
Posts: 2342
Joined: Wed May 19, 2010 7:12 pm
Location: Somewhere crap

Re: Next Announcement

Postby Skippy » Sun Feb 21, 2021 1:20 am

Supposedly the government are saying that every adult in the UK will have their first jab by the end of July, which surely bodes well for Bloodstock if true. Doesn't necessarily mean much though, especially if travel corridors aren't open by then.
BANDS I LIKE FOR BLOODSTOCK!!!

User avatar
Bizza
Hell Bent for Leather
Posts: 2116
Joined: Tue Jun 26, 2007 4:33 pm
Location: The North.

Re: Next Announcement

Postby Bizza » Sun Feb 21, 2021 2:51 am

Skippy wrote:Supposedly the government are saying that every adult in the UK will have their first jab by the end of July, which surely bodes well for Bloodstock if true. Doesn't necessarily mean much though, especially if travel corridors aren't open by then.


They said everyone would be OFFERED a jab by end of July, it'll take a lot longer for people to actually received their jabs also its not just dependent on the UK. Hellfest already cancelled and if other euro fests do the same then Bloodstock won't have any option but to postpone as bands won't want to come over for just one festival.
BOA - '07, '08, '09, '10, '11, '12, '13, '14, '15, '16, '17, '18,' 19.
Warhorns '12 '15 '16
WOA - '15
Damnation - '12
Download - '16 (Never fucking again)

User avatar
Powerslave
Slayer of Wimps/Posers
Posts: 826
Joined: Mon Apr 28, 2008 5:45 pm

Re: Next Announcement

Postby Powerslave » Sun Feb 21, 2021 9:23 am

Bizza wrote:
Skippy wrote:Supposedly the government are saying that every adult in the UK will have their first jab by the end of July, which surely bodes well for Bloodstock if true. Doesn't necessarily mean much though, especially if travel corridors aren't open by then.


They said everyone would be OFFERED a jab by end of July, it'll take a lot longer for people to actually received their jabs


this isn't true, my understanding is that they mean everyone who wants one will have had one by the end of July. they have to say "offered" as not everyone will accept it.
besides, the people i know who've had the jab have had it the same day as they were offered.

User avatar
Haldamir319
Hell Bent for Leather
Posts: 2649
Joined: Fri Apr 03, 2009 1:42 pm
Location: Sheffield
Contact:

Re: Next Announcement

Postby Haldamir319 » Sun Feb 21, 2021 12:05 pm

Those talking about refund requests for all British bills...

Vicky made it quite clear that tickets bought for 2020/21 would be rolled over to 22, and that anything put as a stop gap in 21 would be its own thing.
Image

User avatar
Green Man III
Consort of the Beast
Posts: 303
Joined: Tue Dec 22, 2015 2:33 am

Re: Next Announcement

Postby Green Man III » Mon Feb 22, 2021 11:02 pm

Aaaaahhhhhhh! I just want to know when it's going to happen for sure and I want band announcements every week. Part of the fun of going to Bloodstock is the anticipation of going to Bloodstock. I enjoy the excitement of seeing the line up build and dreaming about it. And with a 5 day event, there's sure to be many many bands for me to check out on youtube.

So can we at least have some maybes? Like local bands that are set to play unless they die first.

Bearintown
Knight of the Eemerald Svord
Posts: 589
Joined: Wed Nov 08, 2006 10:50 pm
Location: West Cumbria

Re: Next Announcement

Postby Bearintown » Tue Feb 23, 2021 7:36 pm

Interested in an all British bill, cant be any worse than the current one lol.
Maybe if small scale , go back to parking next to car just like the glory/sorry/ early days :yes:

User avatar
Bizza
Hell Bent for Leather
Posts: 2116
Joined: Tue Jun 26, 2007 4:33 pm
Location: The North.

Re: Next Announcement

Postby Bizza » Wed Feb 24, 2021 4:24 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sQ-u4zglR5E

Clearly the organizers are feeling confident it will happen, frankly I think they're just setting people up for disappointment.
BOA - '07, '08, '09, '10, '11, '12, '13, '14, '15, '16, '17, '18,' 19.
Warhorns '12 '15 '16
WOA - '15
Damnation - '12
Download - '16 (Never fucking again)

i0th2
Warrior of Metal
Posts: 161
Joined: Sat May 02, 2020 11:26 pm

Re: Next Announcement

Postby i0th2 » Wed Feb 24, 2021 9:41 am

I can't see a full Bloodstock happening but there'll be [i]something[/] (unless the easements end up being pushed back but for once they seem to have a sensible plan rather than just hoping it'll fuck off over christmas for 5 days). It'll be interesting to see if they do go with a shortened UK bands style event if they us any of the bands on this line-up (could have a killer single day with something like Priest, Saxon, Paradise Lost, Gloryhammer, Orange Goblin, Acid Reign, Sylosis, Diamond Head & Conjurer) or roll the whole thing over and get new bands for this year.

User avatar
Soze
Denim Demon
Posts: 7814
Joined: Sun Dec 03, 2006 5:24 pm
Location: Plymouth
Contact:

Re: Next Announcement

Postby Soze » Wed Feb 24, 2021 9:49 am

A one day all British fest?

Judas Priest
Saxon
Cradle of Filth
Carcass
Alestorm
Venom Inc.
Orange Goblin
Winterfylleth
Evile

I'd be all over this.

Nicktrix
Powermetal Child
Posts: 27
Joined: Wed Jun 19, 2019 2:24 pm

Re: Next Announcement

Postby Nicktrix » Wed Feb 24, 2021 2:32 pm

Reading / Leeds have just announced they're going ahead ...

bloodofthekings
Hell Bent for Leather
Posts: 2011
Joined: Thu Jun 16, 2005 9:38 am
Location: Leeds
Contact:

Re: Next Announcement

Postby bloodofthekings » Wed Feb 24, 2021 3:29 pm

Soze wrote:A one day all British fest?

Judas Priest
Saxon
Cradle of Filth
Carcass
Alestorm
Venom Inc.
Orange Goblin
Winterfylleth
Evile

I'd be all over this.


So would I but this doesn't factor in the issue that a lot of those bands' members don't actually live in the UK...

User avatar
Czech's Mate
Denim Demon
Posts: 4128
Joined: Thu Sep 02, 2010 7:58 pm
Location: Northampton....not Wellingborough!

Re: Next Announcement

Postby Czech's Mate » Wed Feb 24, 2021 8:58 pm

bloodofthekings wrote:
Soze wrote:A one day all British fest?

Judas Priest
Saxon
Cradle of Filth
Carcass
Alestorm
Venom Inc.
Orange Goblin
Winterfylleth
Evile

I'd be all over this.


So would I but this doesn't factor in the issue that a lot of those bands' members don't actually live in the UK...


Indeed, at least two of the lead singers in that list are based in the States
Television is the opium of the people

kanet666 wrote: I can deal with the odd Slipknot track now and then. Pantera on the other hand are dreadful and I'd rather stab myself in the eye with a rusty fork than put up with them.

User avatar
WorMzy
Denim Demon
Posts: 5023
Joined: Sun Aug 19, 2007 4:11 pm
Location: Dundee
Contact:

Re: Next Announcement

Postby WorMzy » Thu Feb 25, 2021 1:15 pm

Vicky has somewhat confirmed the fest is going ahead: https://twitter.com/vickyhungerford/sta ... 03680?s=20

I suspect an 'official' announcement is in the pipeline.
"I don't always go to clubs... but when I do, I enter through the ladies room"
~ Adam Jenson