Next Announcement

For general discussion of all things B.O.A.
Skippy
Hell Bent for Leather

Re: Next Announcement

Postby Skippy » Thu Feb 25, 2021 11:32 pm

So...any news on whether we're getting an actual lineup or is it just UK bands? Can we get bands coming in?
BANDS I LIKE FOR BLOODSTOCK!!!

phuqsticks
Consort of the Beast

Postby phuqsticks » Fri Feb 26, 2021 12:36 am

Skippy wrote:So...any news on whether we're getting an actual lineup or is it just UK bands? Can we get bands coming in?

Its way too early to call it. At the moment Bloodstock is planning on running in the existing format and with as many of the existing bands as possible. In the event of there being travel restrictions in place which prevent any bands getting here, the festival has a number of contingencies in place, one of which is an all british affair with reduced crowd.

JPMC
Warrior of Metal

Postby JPMC » Sat Feb 27, 2021 10:59 am

phuqsticks wrote:the festival has a number of contingencies in place, one of which is an all british affair with reduced crowd.

That doesn't make sense, they have a massive drive on to sell tickets as it is! VIP already sold out last year so I can't see how they could reduce crowd at all. If anything with news of vaccines and recent Govt' announcements with regards the entertainment industry being allowed to reopen, lots of people are off to buy tickets.

phuqsticks
Consort of the Beast

Postby phuqsticks » Sun Feb 28, 2021 12:17 pm

JPMC wrote:
phuqsticks wrote:the festival has a number of contingencies in place, one of which is an all british affair with reduced crowd.

That doesn't make sense, they have a massive drive on to sell tickets as it is! VIP already sold out last year so I can't see how they could reduce crowd at all. If anything with news of vaccines and recent Govt' announcements with regards the entertainment industry being allowed to reopen, lots of people are off to buy tickets.

It makes perfect sense.

As far as Bloodstock is concerned the event is still going ahead, hence the reason for continuing to sell tickets. However, there are still a number of logistical uncertainties, therefore there are a number of contingencies/alternative plans in place.

For the festival to go ahead with the existing bill we would have to be certain that flights from Canada, USA and all of europe were being allowed to land in the UK. As we can't say with certainty that will be the case at this time, it makes sense to have plan b,c,d and e in place.

Skippy
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby Skippy » Sun Feb 28, 2021 1:10 pm

It seems like it won't be so much a limit on the numbers that will be the issue (I imagine it'll either be full capacity or cancelled), but which bands are actually able to come over. Have we had anything from other countries, "roadmaps" similar to ours? l

bloodofthekings
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby bloodofthekings » Mon Mar 01, 2021 12:09 pm

Download Festival officially cancelled for 2021, line-up and tickets to roll over to 2022.

Seems like it's only a matter of time before bands start dropping off other fests like flies; with Download, Graspop, Hellfest all gone and presumably other June & July fests to follow suit shortly, I can't imagine it's viable for many of them to just come over for the few August fests.

Baldy77
Consort of the Beast

Postby Baldy77 » Sat Mar 06, 2021 5:12 pm

Mercyful Fate have pulled out

Jay1993
Slayer of Wimps/Posers

Postby Jay1993 » Sat Mar 06, 2021 5:13 pm

Mercyful Fate to be replaced due to knock-on effects of Covid. Sounds like we'll be seeing a few more replacements from here on...

Bizza
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby Bizza » Sat Mar 06, 2021 5:57 pm

Fucksake, they should've just fucking postponed for a year if headliners are threatening to pull out.
BOA - '07, '08, '09, '10, '11, '12, '13, '14, '15, '16, '17, '18,' 19.
Warhorns '12 '15 '16
WOA - '15
Damnation - '12
Download - '16 (Never fucking again)

Skippy
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby Skippy » Sat Mar 06, 2021 6:58 pm

I think it was a bit inevitable we'd see a few changes, though it would be nice if they offer refunds for those that don't want to go in the end. Mercyful Fate were the main reason I brought a ticket, although after so long without a gig I will probably go either way as long as the lineup isn't completely filled with trash.

metaldinosaur
Leather Rebel

Postby metaldinosaur » Sat Mar 06, 2021 8:57 pm

Its a big shame about MF. I will probably just do the Sunday now. I will hold on and see who they announce though.
Welcome to a brave new world/ The future here or haven't you heard?

bloodofthekings
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby bloodofthekings » Sat Mar 06, 2021 9:11 pm

Skippy wrote:I think it was a bit inevitable we'd see a few changes, though it would be nice if they offer refunds for those that don't want to go in the end. Mercyful Fate were the main reason I brought a ticket, although after so long without a gig I will probably go either way as long as the lineup isn't completely filled with trash.

I sent them a Facebook message enquiring about refunds and just got a reply that said "we'll be updating the website for Saturday ticket holders soon".

Hopefully when they announce MF's replacement they will give a refund option for day ticket holders, as MF were the only reason we bought ours. Unless they replace them with Manowar, I'll be opting for a refund.

phuqsticks
Consort of the Beast

Postby phuqsticks » Sat Mar 06, 2021 11:04 pm

I vote Kreator to finally get a headline slot.

Baldy77
Consort of the Beast

Postby Baldy77 » Sun Mar 07, 2021 11:59 am

phuqsticks wrote:I vote Kreator to finally get a headline slot.

Yes!!!!

Czech's Mate
Denim Demon

Postby Czech's Mate » Sun Mar 07, 2021 3:47 pm

Glad I held off buying my day ticket, particularly as I was in two minds as to whether to buy a Saturday or a Sunday one.

Kreator doing a headline slot would make that decision very easy for me.
Television is the opium of the people

kanet666 wrote: I can deal with the odd Slipknot track now and then. Pantera on the other hand are dreadful and I'd rather stab myself in the eye with a rusty fork than put up with them.