Next Announcement

For general discussion of all things B.O.A.
Baldy77
Consort of the Beast

Re: Next Announcement

Postby Baldy77 » Sun Mar 07, 2021 6:14 pm

Replacement headliner has been secured and will be announced soon apparently

Bizza
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby Bizza » Sun Mar 07, 2021 7:25 pm

Baldy77 wrote:Replacement headliner has been secured and will be announced soon apparently

That was quick, must be someone they have on speed dial.
BOA - '07, '08, '09, '10, '11, '12, '13, '14, '15, '16, '17, '18,' 19.
Warhorns '12 '15 '16
WOA - '15
Damnation - '12
Download - '16 (Never fucking again)

WorMzy
Denim Demon

Postby WorMzy » Sun Mar 07, 2021 8:00 pm

Hope it's not Opeth again. :lol:

Edit: Although... it is the 20th anniversary of Blackwater Park this year, so if they play that album from start to finish, it might actually be worth watching them live again.
Last edited by WorMzy on Mon Mar 08, 2021 1:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
"I don't always go to clubs... but when I do, I enter through the ladies room"
~ Adam Jenson

Skippy
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby Skippy » Sun Mar 07, 2021 11:20 pm

Hatebreed!
BANDS I LIKE FOR BLOODSTOCK!!!

Jay1993
Slayer of Wimps/Posers

Postby Jay1993 » Mon Mar 08, 2021 12:10 am

Headliner to be announced Tuesday apparently!

JPMC
Warrior of Metal

Postby JPMC » Mon Mar 08, 2021 7:22 am

Skippy wrote:It seems like it won't be so much a limit on the numbers that will be the issue (I imagine it'll either be full capacity or cancelled), but which bands are actually able to come over. Have we had anything from other countries, "roadmaps" similar to ours? l

Sorry what I mean was the *with a reduced crowd rider. My point is, if they are running a festival (UK only bands or not) with a reduced crowd, surely they're going to have a savage job of deciding who is allowed to come and who is not, added to that who gets refunded and who does not? It sounds like a administrative and PR nightmare to me! Unless you meant something else and I've misunderstood?

JPMC
Warrior of Metal

Postby JPMC » Mon Mar 08, 2021 7:29 am

It seems most people are predicting BMTH or Architects or whatever pony is being trotted out as metal apparently these days.

But going with something else, given the current line-up, if it now had to be all UK-only, that chops a significant amount of bands from the roster, does it not? I mean, if I'm right that means around half of the RJD stage as it is now must get chopped and I'm pretty sure that only around half are UK based.

i0th2
Warrior of Metal

Postby i0th2 » Mon Mar 08, 2021 10:09 am

I wonder if Dimmu will go to. Vicky said the main draw to get them back this year was to sub to MF, now they're gone.

Skippy
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby Skippy » Mon Mar 08, 2021 12:55 pm

JPMC wrote:It seems most people are predicting BMTH or Architects or whatever pony is being trotted out as metal apparently these days.

But going with something else, given the current line-up, if it now had to be all UK-only, that chops a significant amount of bands from the roster, does it not? I mean, if I'm right that means around half of the RJD stage as it is now must get chopped and I'm pretty sure that only around half are UK based.

Those bands come from the Damnation podcast, where Vicky was talking about whether or not they would fit (along with BFMV). I wouldn't read too much into it, although as the consensus was "perhaps" I wouldn't rule them out either.

I'm assuming considering they've ramped up the PR again, most bands have said yes they are going to make it. No one knows, of course but chances are most bands are thinking yes at the minute. Mercyful Fate were always an iffy one as they were doing a short comeback of about 6 festivals, and 3 of them cancelled. I presume they'd rather pospone their comeback one more year for that reason.
JPMC wrote:
Sorry what I mean was the *with a reduced crowd rider. My point is, if they are running a festival (UK only bands or not) with a reduced crowd, surely they're going to have a savage job of deciding who is allowed to come and who is not, added to that who gets refunded and who does not? It sounds like a administrative and PR nightmare to me! Unless you meant something else and I've misunderstood?

My point was that at the minute it seems like reduced crowd numbers is not going to be a thing - Boris has given the go ahead to run with full capacity, and unless the situation gets worse (or people don't get vaccinated, which is a whole other kettle of fish) reduced capacity isn't going to come into things. If it does, chances are Bloodstock will have to cancel anyway, but if they do have to run on reduced capacity it will probably be an entirely seperate event, tickets roll over to next year and new ones set up on a first come first served basis.
BANDS I LIKE FOR BLOODSTOCK!!!

bloodofthekings
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby bloodofthekings » Mon Mar 08, 2021 1:49 pm

For anyone wondering about day ticket refunds, I got a reply saying that once the headliner is announced tomorrow, See Tickets will be instructed to approve refunds for any Saturday tickets upon request.

Haldamir319
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby Haldamir319 » Tue Mar 09, 2021 8:20 am

I'm guessing the announcement will be at 11am?

Could see it being Architects - #1 UK album, and one of their members is already playing (Sylosis). Hoping for someone like Gojira though.

Jay1993
Slayer of Wimps/Posers

Postby Jay1993 » Tue Mar 09, 2021 10:45 am

I'm guessing they've got Behemoth back...

bloodofthekings
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby bloodofthekings » Tue Mar 09, 2021 10:56 am

Just noticed that piece of shit Phil Anselmo is no longer on the lineup page, so that's some potential good news

Powerslave
Slayer of Wimps/Posers

Postby Powerslave » Tue Mar 09, 2021 11:02 am

Kreator it is :D

JPMC
Warrior of Metal

Postby JPMC » Tue Mar 09, 2021 11:02 am

bloodofthekings wrote:Just noticed that piece of shit Phil Anselmo is no longer on the lineup page, so that's some potential good news

To be honest, that lineup page changes almost every time I look at it. Dimmu Borgir were gone for a while too. I don't think I would read anything into it until the announcement happens.