Next Announcement

For general discussion of all things B.O.A.
Haldamir319
Hell Bent for Leather

Re: Next Announcement

Postby Haldamir319 » Tue Mar 09, 2021 11:03 am

Kreator headling

Seidrblot and Bloodshot Dawn added to main stage

Evile added to Sophie stage

Anselmo, Butcher Babies, Life of Agony, Sacred Reich, Necrot, Exhumed and Unto Others have all pulled out.

cheesemason
Slayer of Wimps/Posers

Postby cheesemason » Tue Mar 09, 2021 11:05 am

The lineup is going to get decimated you feel. Understandably so, but I think there is a lot more to drop out yet

bloodfiend
Denim Demon

Postby bloodfiend » Tue Mar 09, 2021 11:10 am

Still seems unlikely to go ahead.

Kretaor very good replacement for Mercyful Fate though. You could argue not big enough, but they're massively popular.

JPMC
Warrior of Metal

Postby JPMC » Tue Mar 09, 2021 11:11 am

Powerslave wrote:Kreator it is :D

I'll take it :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Skippy
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby Skippy » Tue Mar 09, 2021 11:12 am

Kreator is about the best we could hope for! Happy enough with that, not a fan on record but they were great last time!

Not really gonna miss any of those that have pulled out either, although I doubt we'll get huge replacements for the likes of Phil Anselmo. Just checked out Seidrblot and they are really good as well.
BANDS I LIKE FOR BLOODSTOCK!!!

JPMC
Warrior of Metal

Postby JPMC » Tue Mar 09, 2021 11:13 am

bloodfiend wrote:Still seems unlikely to go ahead.

Kretaor very good replacement for Mercyful Fate though. You could argue not big enough, but they're massively popular.

Sadly, I think I must agree. In the fullness of time, I think it will have to be delayed. While we have vaccines and all the bits being rolled out, I don't think it will be on time for Bloodstock. Unless they are somehow miracle workers and somehow through divine prophecy manage to pull off the seemingly impossible against all odds.

WorMzy
Denim Demon

Postby WorMzy » Tue Mar 09, 2021 11:21 am

From the announcement it looks like Merciful Fate have been confirmed as a 2022 headliner, so it's not all bad news if you were looking forward to them headlining Bloodstock.

From the dropouts so far, Butcher Babies are the only ones I was remotely interested in seeing.

I'm not interested in seeing Kreator, but I wasn't interested in seeing Merciful Fate either, so that's a no score draw for me.

Never heard of Seidrblot, and Bloodshot Dawn are nothing to get excited about. Also not a fan of Evile, although they've been overdue a return (last played 2012?).

All in all, this was an announcement.
"I don't always go to clubs... but when I do, I enter through the ladies room"
~ Adam Jenson

Soze
Denim Demon

Postby Soze » Tue Mar 09, 2021 11:23 am

Mercyful Fate were the main draw for me this year but Kreator as a replacement is as good as it gets. One of my favourite bands and fantastic live. Sad to lose Sacred Reich but not fussed about anyone else that's bowed out.

That said, I remain convinced this isn't going to happen this year anyway!

bloodofthekings
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby bloodofthekings » Tue Mar 09, 2021 11:31 am

As much as I was looking forward to MF, having a Saturday evening that goes Paradise Lost - Dimmu - Kreator is great for me, I just fear there are more cancellations to come and that Dimmu may well drop off the lineup as well.

Haldamir319
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby Haldamir319 » Tue Mar 09, 2021 11:38 am

The only band I've sad about dropping out is Unto Others. Outside of that, happy with it. I missed Kreator last time and they got rave reviews, and Seidrblot seem ace!

Baldy77
Consort of the Beast

Postby Baldy77 » Tue Mar 09, 2021 11:54 am

Great announcement for me. My first album I bought myself on cassette was possibly Kreators, Extreme Aggression and they have been awesome live.

Shame Necrot pulled out.

Hope it actually happens

Powerslave
Slayer of Wimps/Posers

Postby Powerslave » Tue Mar 09, 2021 11:55 am

Haldamir319 wrote:The only band I've sad about dropping out is Unto Others.

I hadn't even realised they were on the bill, I got recommended a song of theirs on Spotify a couple of months back and really enjoyed what I'd heard.

mike20070
Lowly Peon

Postby mike20070 » Tue Mar 09, 2021 12:02 pm

JPMC wrote:
bloodfiend wrote:Still seems unlikely to go ahead.

Sadly, I think I must agree. In the fullness of time, I think it will have to be delayed. While we have vaccines and all the bits being rolled out, I don't think it will be on time for Bloodstock. Unless they are somehow miracle workers and somehow through divine prophecy manage to pull off the seemingly impossible against all odds.

What miracles do we need to happen exactly?

We are touted for a return to no social limits from June, even if this is pushed back we'd still be in time for August. Travel may be the biggest issue, but I'm hoping this will just mean a mostly British lineup.

WitchHouse
Lowly Peon

Postby WitchHouse » Tue Mar 09, 2021 1:07 pm

FUCK. Mercyful Fate was the main reason I bought a ticket last week.

Kreator is a pretty great replacement, but.... I've seen them 6 or 7 times. But NEVER seen MF.

I'll still go because, well, it's always an awesome weekend. And I do love Kreator. But I can't help feeling pretty gutted at the moment.

Haldamir319
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby Haldamir319 » Tue Mar 09, 2021 1:18 pm

Yeah, I don't think any 'miracles' are required. We mainly need the vaccination program to continue its stellar paced roll out primarily.