Next Announcement

For general discussion of all things B.O.A.
i0th2
Warrior of Metal

Re: Next Announcement

Postby i0th2 » Thu Mar 11, 2021 2:09 pm

Skippy wrote:Life of Agony are back as well - I guess they just haven't sorted the website yet.

Gone again :lol:

Nekrogoblikon still missing though :(

Soze
Denim Demon

Postby Soze » Thu Mar 11, 2021 3:40 pm

JPMC wrote:But I do hear you, there are those that don't want it to end. From what I can see, the furlough lovers watching netflix all day, trying to get me to play some online game with them while I'm doing their work. While I understand furlough types have their own problems frankly I'm envious of the paid year off everyone else seems to have had. And yep, I don't have any other words to describe it.

I don't know many people who love furlough. For a short spell perhaps but not for this long. I was furloughed for five months last year, living on my own, rarely seeing anyone, worrying about whether my job would still be there for me (it wasn't I was made redundant) and what I would do if I did lose it (I found a job fairly quickly fortunately, now working in recruitment and regularly speaking to people who are terrified about losing their job, going through mental health issues, those who were in the same boat as me, furloughed, now out of work for the first time in twenty years looking for work in sectors which don't exist). I know plenty of people who are furloughed and tearing their hair out with boredom and worry. It's certainly not all roses like you paint it here.

metaldinosaur
Leather Rebel

Postby metaldinosaur » Thu Mar 11, 2021 4:54 pm

Soze wrote:
JPMC wrote:But I do hear you, there are those that don't want it to end. From what I can see, the furlough lovers watching netflix all day, trying to get me to play some online game with them while I'm doing their work. While I understand furlough types have their own problems frankly I'm envious of the paid year off everyone else seems to have had. And yep, I don't have any other words to describe it.

I don't know many people who love furlough. For a short spell perhaps but not for this long. I was furloughed for five months last year, living on my own, rarely seeing anyone, worrying about whether my job would still be there for me (it wasn't I was made redundant) and what I would do if I did lose it (I found a job fairly quickly fortunately, now working in recruitment and regularly speaking to people who are terrified about losing their job, going through mental health issues, those who were in the same boat as me, furloughed, now out of work for the first time in twenty years looking for work in sectors which don't exist). I know plenty of people who are furloughed and tearing their hair out with boredom and worry. It's certainly not all roses like you paint it here.

Agreed. Furlough is alright for a few months, but after that its a real strain. I'm ok, I can paint and write; and now I'm working online at as a Tutor, but its been hard on many people i know.
Welcome to a brave new world/ The future here or haven't you heard?

WitchHouse
Lowly Peon

Postby WitchHouse » Fri Mar 12, 2021 10:15 am

Haldamir319 wrote:
WitchHouse wrote:FUCK. Mercyful Fate was the main reason I bought a ticket last week.

Kreator is a pretty great replacement, but.... I've seen them 6 or 7 times. But NEVER seen MF.

I'll still go because, well, it's always an awesome weekend. And I do love Kreator. But I can't help feeling pretty gutted at the moment.

Just attend again in 2022 and see MF then too :)

Oh don't worry, I definitely will be!

Green Man III
Consort of the Beast

Postby Green Man III » Sat Mar 13, 2021 12:52 am

The MF cancellation was a major drag but I can be thankful that they prompted me to buy my first ever VIP ticket and although I've seen Kreator something like 6-7 times, it's always been at the same local venue and never on a stage like Bloodstock so I'm still very excited to attend 2021 so long as the travel restrictions are lifted on time.

No matter what, I'm not letting go of my VIP ticket. I woke up at 4 am and refreshed my screen repeatedly and bought my ticket within just seconds of availability.

I just hope there isn't a 2 week isolation rule in effect. If there is, can someone put me up for two weeks while I bring my laptop and work remotely? I really don't want to miss this Bloodstock if it goes through just because I'm from another country.

bloodofthekings
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby bloodofthekings » Sat Mar 13, 2021 11:26 am

Green Man III wrote:I just hope there isn't a 2 week isolation rule in effect. If there is, can someone put me up for two weeks while I bring my laptop and work remotely? I really don't want to miss this Bloodstock if it goes through just because I'm from another country.

If that's the rule then I doubt the festival could even go ahead as the bands would have to abide by it too.

Green Man III
Consort of the Beast

Postby Green Man III » Sat Mar 13, 2021 6:02 pm

bloodofthekings wrote:
Green Man III wrote:I just hope there isn't a 2 week isolation rule in effect. If there is, can someone put me up for two weeks while I bring my laptop and work remotely? I really don't want to miss this Bloodstock if it goes through just because I'm from another country.

If that's the rule then I doubt the festival could even go ahead as the bands would have to abide by it too.

Well, I imagine more richer bands like Devin Townsend would be able to afford the hotel stay. And things might be different for Europe than it is for us coming from overseas.

But I take your point, I should stop worrying about this.

bloodofthekings
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby bloodofthekings » Sat Mar 13, 2021 9:05 pm

Green Man III wrote:
bloodofthekings wrote:

Well, I imagine more richer bands like Devin Townsend would be able to afford the hotel stay. And things might be different for Europe than it is for us coming from overseas.

But I take your point, I should stop worrying about this.

It's not just about being able to afford it though, having to quarantine for two weeks would be completely impractical for any band trying to do a European tour with dates in multiple countries.

Baldy77
Consort of the Beast

Postby Baldy77 » Mon Mar 15, 2021 2:24 pm

We just have to wait and see. It's a pain and not practical especially for overseas fans but it is what it is.

Over 2 million dead worldwide we will be blessed if Bloodstock goes ahead. Blessed by the dark lord of course. Hail S'tan

i0th2
Warrior of Metal

Postby i0th2 » Mon Mar 15, 2021 3:34 pm

Had my first jab on Saturday with the second due in May, if it's on I'll be there.

Cassius
Consort of the Beast

Postby Cassius » Mon Mar 15, 2021 3:53 pm

I think it will happen, just dont pin your hopes on the lineup staying as it is. Likely to be more replacements due to bands dropping through travel restrictions etc

Soze
Denim Demon

Postby Soze » Wed Mar 17, 2021 6:07 pm

Looks like everyone aged under 50 will have to wait a further month for their first injection due to a major shortage. There's also now some tit for tat arguing between the UK and EU on supply. That June 21st date is starting to look more unlikely.

Powerslave
Slayer of Wimps/Posers

Postby Powerslave » Wed Mar 17, 2021 6:33 pm

Soze wrote:Looks like everyone aged under 50 will have to wait a further month for their first injection due to a major shortage. There's also now some tit for tat arguing between the UK and EU on supply. That June 21st date is starting to look more unlikely.

no it's not.
by Easter, the age groups responsible for 99% of deaths will have been vaccinated. we're also experiencing a large increase in supply at the moment, so it will balance out.

Haldamir319
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby Haldamir319 » Thu Mar 18, 2021 10:58 am

Soze wrote:Looks like everyone aged under 50 will have to wait a further month for their first injection due to a major shortage. There's also now some tit for tat arguing between the UK and EU on supply. That June 21st date is starting to look more unlikely.

The govt have said that the April shortage shouldn't have an overall effect on the July target.

In other news, more bands being announced on the 23rd apparently.

i0th2
Warrior of Metal

Postby i0th2 » Thu Mar 18, 2021 3:07 pm

Haldamir319 wrote:In other news, more bands being announced on the 23rd apparently.

:yes: :yes: :yes: