Next Announcement

For general discussion of all things B.O.A.
i0th2
Warrior of Metal

Re: Next Announcement

Postby i0th2 » Tue Mar 30, 2021 10:05 am

Oooo Therapy?, never seen them before, excellent.

Haldamir319
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby Haldamir319 » Tue Mar 30, 2021 10:07 am

Skippy wrote:I'm pretty sure she's said Hobgoblin is open Thursday, whether those plans have changed with the lack of M2tM though, who can say?

Expecting Terra IV in the announcement considering Vicky said they are playing on the Damnation podcast. Too similar to Hacktivist for me, although they are better. I suppose its take what you can get at the moment for them though.

M2TM is still happening. There's a heap of single-shot all-dayer types happening (we're running the Sheffield one - 10 band event for us).

jwh20
Slayer of Wimps/Posers

Postby jwh20 » Tue Mar 30, 2021 10:45 am

Bleed from Within are the worst band I have ever seen

Skippy
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby Skippy » Tue Mar 30, 2021 11:04 am

Another pretty boring announcement. Its a bit worrying, Vicky doesn't seem to have much knowledge of mainstage-sized UK metal bands beyond crap metalcore and retro-throwbacks. Its a bit worrying if all the announcements are just going to feature the same kind of thing.
BANDS I LIKE FOR BLOODSTOCK!!!

i0th2
Warrior of Metal

Postby i0th2 » Tue Mar 30, 2021 11:07 am

jwh20 wrote:Bleed from Within are the worst band I have ever seen

Wowzers, it's probably States of Panic for me (BOA '13, Sophie stage, Sunday) didn't even get through one song.

Haldamir319
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby Haldamir319 » Tue Mar 30, 2021 12:08 pm

Latest batch seems to have gone down pretty well. Whilst not many loving a lot of the bands, there's quite a few people on the FB announcement happy with each band. Solid announcement.

Aaaarrrrgggghhhh
I am the Law!

Postby Aaaarrrrgggghhhh » Tue Mar 30, 2021 1:12 pm

Therapy? Are always good live.

Jay1993
Slayer of Wimps/Posers

Postby Jay1993 » Tue Mar 30, 2021 7:15 pm

Really enjoying Therapy? so far. Now we just need Shrapnel, Hellripper, and Witchtripper announced please :yes: And perhaps Napalm Death and Electric Wizard at a stretch? :D

florencethemachine
Consort of the Beast

Postby florencethemachine » Wed Mar 31, 2021 10:26 am

i0th2 wrote:

Wowzers, it's probably States of Panic for me (BOA '13, Sophie stage, Sunday) didn't even get through one song.

King 810 were mighty shit in 2017. The Dark Funeral set in 2013 was also infamously bad.

I think at this stage I couldn't care less who is booked. If the fest does indeed go ahead and Kreator, Priest and a select others are still playing then that is a massive win for me.

Also I like dumb slamming DM so Party Cannon is a win for me also.

phuqsticks
Consort of the Beast

Postby phuqsticks » Wed Mar 31, 2021 11:01 pm

florencethemachine wrote:
i0th2 wrote:

King 810 were mighty shit in 2017. The Dark Funeral set in 2013 was also infamously bad.

I think at this stage I couldn't care less who is booked. If the fest does indeed go ahead and Kreator, Priest and a select others are still playing then that is a massive win for me.

Also I like dumb slamming DM so Party Cannon is a win for me also.

I'm with King 810 being voted worst Bloodstock band ever; lyrics which included something about 'Popping a cap in yo ass' and sampled guitars at a metal festival? Really?

Tet
Denim Demon

Postby Tet » Thu Apr 01, 2021 3:49 pm

phuqsticks wrote:I'm with King 810 being voted worst Bloodstock band ever; lyrics which included something about 'Popping a cap in yo ass' and sampled guitars at a metal festival? Really?

Amazingly, I don't even think they were the worst band playing that year, let alone ever. I mean they were not very good, let's be clear. But I didn't think they were as bad as they might have been.
CH3NO2 -- It's the only way to be sure
You laugh at me because I'm different. I pity you, you're all the same...

Tet
Denim Demon

Postby Tet » Thu Apr 01, 2021 3:54 pm

Green Man III wrote:Well, I imagine more richer bands like Devin Townsend would be able to afford the hotel stay.

I think you're misrepresenting both how much money Devin has and how much he's being paid for this appearance. It's not even close to economically feasible for him and his band and crew to spend 10 days in a hotel prior to a UK festival appearance.
CH3NO2 -- It's the only way to be sure
You laugh at me because I'm different. I pity you, you're all the same...

Cwej
Lowly Peon

Postby Cwej » Sun Apr 04, 2021 1:27 pm

Tet wrote:
Green Man III wrote:Well, I imagine more richer bands like Devin Townsend would be able to afford the hotel stay.

I think you're misrepresenting both how much money Devin has and how much he's being paid for this appearance. It's not even close to economically feasible for him and his band and crew to spend 10 days in a hotel prior to a UK festival appearance.

Was wondering if Devin HAD TO, he could call on UK guys who would love to play with hi., or do a full acoustic show.

I'm sure he'll be more than keen to do the planned show though. Be nice to see him do something with The Wildhearts for old times sake tho.

phuqsticks
Consort of the Beast

Postby phuqsticks » Mon Apr 05, 2021 10:29 am

Cwej wrote:
Tet wrote:

Was wondering if Devin HAD TO, he could call on UK guys who would love to play with hi., or do a full acoustic show.

I'm sure he'll be more than keen to do the planned show though. Be nice to see him do something with The Wildhearts for old times sake tho.

I remember seeing Devin Townsend playing as 2nd guitarist in The Wildhearts at the Reading Festival in the 1990s. Danny dislocated his kneecap 10 seconds after appearing on stage, but still completed the set.

Green Man III
Consort of the Beast

Postby Green Man III » Mon Apr 05, 2021 8:27 pm

Well seeing at Devin is a Canuk like me, I can only hope that so long as he stays on the bill, there's hope that we will both be able to get our asses over there this year.