Next Announcement

For general discussion of all things B.O.A.
User avatar
Skippy
Hell Bent for Leather
Posts: 2348
Joined: Wed May 19, 2010 7:12 pm
Location: Somewhere crap

Re: Next Announcement

Postby Skippy » Tue Apr 20, 2021 4:31 pm

I'm pretty sure the go-to headliner in case of a cancellation will be Bullet. Vicky said on one of the podcasts that she was going to book them instead of Mercyful Fate, then realised that there would be riots. I imagine if anyone else cancelled they'll have no choice.

Primitai and Napalm Death are excellent choices, the rest do nothing for me but like everyone else I just want to see it happen.

Haldamir319 wrote:Looks like there's a few Sophie spots left to announce - 1 on Wednesday (replacing Nerkogoblikon) and 1 on Thursday (headliner, unless Hacktivist are headlining in which case its a band lower than that) and 2 on Sunday.

Then its just all of the New Blood and Jager stages to go.


1 on Wednesday? Unless I've missed something noone has been added for Wednesday yet. I'm assuming we have about three or four bands still to go, including headliner.
BANDS I LIKE FOR BLOODSTOCK!!!

i0th2
Warrior of Metal
Posts: 177
Joined: Sat May 02, 2020 11:26 pm

Re: Next Announcement

Postby i0th2 » Wed Apr 21, 2021 8:42 am

I make it:

5 spaces for Wednesday (inc headliner, assuming they have the usual 5 bands we get Thursday which seems a reasonable assumption).
2 spaces for Sunday (inc headliner).

Thursday-Saturday full and the whole Dio stage now also full. It is worth noting that there are currently 3 bands more booked for Thursday than a typical full day on the Sophie but this makes sense as there's no gap for the Dio stage headiner.

User avatar
Haldamir319
Hell Bent for Leather
Posts: 2655
Joined: Fri Apr 03, 2009 1:42 pm
Location: Sheffield
Contact:

Re: Next Announcement

Postby Haldamir319 » Fri Apr 23, 2021 7:58 pm

Skippy wrote:I'm pretty sure the go-to headliner in case of a cancellation will be Bullet. Vicky said on one of the podcasts that she was going to book them instead of Mercyful Fate, then realised that there would be riots. I imagine if anyone else cancelled they'll have no choice.

Primitai and Napalm Death are excellent choices, the rest do nothing for me but like everyone else I just want to see it happen.

Haldamir319 wrote:Looks like there's a few Sophie spots left to announce - 1 on Wednesday (replacing Nerkogoblikon) and 1 on Thursday (headliner, unless Hacktivist are headlining in which case its a band lower than that) and 2 on Sunday.

Then its just all of the New Blood and Jager stages to go.


1 on Wednesday? Unless I've missed something noone has been added for Wednesday yet. I'm assuming we have about three or four bands still to go, including headliner.


There are too many bands listed for the Sophie stage on the Thursday, so some of them are probs Weds. If you move all of the ones originally playing the party night it fits really well.
Image

i0th2
Warrior of Metal
Posts: 177
Joined: Sat May 02, 2020 11:26 pm

Re: Next Announcement

Postby i0th2 » Mon Apr 26, 2021 11:06 am

2000 Trees just got cancelled after Boomtown went the same way last week :(

User avatar
Haldamir319
Hell Bent for Leather
Posts: 2655
Joined: Fri Apr 03, 2009 1:42 pm
Location: Sheffield
Contact:

Re: Next Announcement

Postby Haldamir319 » Mon Apr 26, 2021 11:59 am

Vicky was talking on the latest podcast about US bands and Vio-lence specifically. Apparently all the other US bands that pulled were due to reliance on European dates. Vio-lence is still on because they are flying over for Bloodstock only then flying back.
Image

User avatar
Baldy77
Consort of the Beast
Posts: 274
Joined: Sat Aug 16, 2014 9:05 pm
Location: South East

Re: Next Announcement

Postby Baldy77 » Mon Apr 26, 2021 1:22 pm

Vio-lence would have to isolate for a few days though yes?

2000 trees cancelling doesn't bode well.

mike20070
Lowly Peon
Posts: 7
Joined: Tue Mar 09, 2021 11:58 am

Re: Next Announcement

Postby mike20070 » Mon Apr 26, 2021 4:04 pm

Baldy77 wrote:Vio-lence would have to isolate for a few days though yes?

2000 trees cancelling doesn't bode well.


2000 trees was pretty heavily US bands, Bloodstock have started to address that problem.

As it stands, we don't know if Vio-lence will have to isolate. It depends on if they are a green country or not, which is highly possible given the US's vaccine numbers.

I think for now, 2000 trees cancelling is fairly irrelevant.

User avatar
Bizza
Hell Bent for Leather
Posts: 2132
Joined: Tue Jun 26, 2007 4:33 pm
Location: The North.

Re: Next Announcement

Postby Bizza » Mon Apr 26, 2021 4:23 pm

mike20070 wrote:
Baldy77 wrote:Vio-lence would have to isolate for a few days though yes?

2000 trees cancelling doesn't bode well.


2000 trees was pretty heavily US bands, Bloodstock have started to address that problem.

As it stands, we don't know if Vio-lence will have to isolate. It depends on if they are a green country or not, which is highly possible given the US's vaccine numbers.

I think for now, 2000 trees cancelling is fairly irrelevant.


Bands coming from the US was only one of the reasons they cancelled, the other is that the goverment won't provide any Covid cancellation insurance for the live events which is worrying.
BOA - '07, '08, '09, '10, '11, '12, '13, '14, '15, '16, '17, '18,' 19.
Warhorns '12 '15 '16
WOA - '15
Damnation - '12
Download - '16 (Never fucking again)

User avatar
Skippy
Hell Bent for Leather
Posts: 2348
Joined: Wed May 19, 2010 7:12 pm
Location: Somewhere crap

Re: Next Announcement

Postby Skippy » Mon Apr 26, 2021 4:39 pm

2000 Trees seem like they've been heavily screwed over moneywise during this whole thing - they had no relief from the government, and had to set up a patreon to survive after last year's cancellation. They probably just can't take the financial risk. I imagine Arctangent will follow pretty soon, but it shouldn't have too much baring on Bloodstock, which seems a bit more stable financially.

That said, any optimism might be just pissing into the inevitable at this point. Summer this year still looks doomed unfortunately.
BANDS I LIKE FOR BLOODSTOCK!!!

User avatar
Powerslave
Slayer of Wimps/Posers
Posts: 833
Joined: Mon Apr 28, 2008 5:45 pm

Re: Next Announcement

Postby Powerslave » Mon Apr 26, 2021 5:26 pm

Skippy wrote:Summer this year still looks doomed unfortunately.


on what basis?

User avatar
Skippy
Hell Bent for Leather
Posts: 2348
Joined: Wed May 19, 2010 7:12 pm
Location: Somewhere crap

Re: Next Announcement

Postby Skippy » Mon Apr 26, 2021 10:39 pm

Powerslave wrote:
Skippy wrote:Summer this year still looks doomed unfortunately.


on what basis?

I won't believe the festival is happening until I'm walking through the gates, I just find it impossible to believe things will go back to normal enough to have festival crowds again within a few months. The raft of cancellations don't bode well, and even Boris, away from his "it'll all be fine" announcements, seems to think we'll have more problems. Especially if the government aren't confident enough to provide insurance needed to kickstart the scene.
BANDS I LIKE FOR BLOODSTOCK!!!

i0th2
Warrior of Metal
Posts: 177
Joined: Sat May 02, 2020 11:26 pm

Re: Next Announcement

Postby i0th2 » Wed Apr 28, 2021 9:12 am

Haldamir319 wrote:Vicky was talking on the latest podcast about US bands and Vio-lence specifically. Apparently all the other US bands that pulled were due to reliance on European dates. Vio-lence is still on because they are flying over for Bloodstock only then flying back.


Wonder if it's the same with Savage Master then

User avatar
Bizza
Hell Bent for Leather
Posts: 2132
Joined: Tue Jun 26, 2007 4:33 pm
Location: The North.

Re: Next Announcement

Postby Bizza » Wed Apr 28, 2021 12:56 pm

Skippy wrote:I just find it impossible to believe things will go back to normal enough to have festival crowds again within a few months.


Same. I just can't see it, sadly.
BOA - '07, '08, '09, '10, '11, '12, '13, '14, '15, '16, '17, '18,' 19.
Warhorns '12 '15 '16
WOA - '15
Damnation - '12
Download - '16 (Never fucking again)

bloodofthekings
Hell Bent for Leather
Posts: 2021
Joined: Thu Jun 16, 2005 9:38 am
Location: Leeds
Contact:

Re: Next Announcement

Postby bloodofthekings » Wed Apr 28, 2021 2:55 pm

Me too. I understand why they're doing it because they don't really have a choice, but for all the PR bravado that Bloodstock are putting out, it just feels odd to think that in less than 4 months, we're going to be able to have 15,000 people gathering at a festival.

I know there's bound to come a time in the not too distant future where we suddenly go from normal social activities like going to a gig or festival being illegal and dangerous to being ok again overnight, and that's gonna be a weird thing for people to wrap their head around, me included. But I just struggle to think that I'll be at a festival with thousands of other people in packed crowds in less than 4 months, given that I'm currently not legally allowed to go round to my mum's and sit in the same room.

User avatar
Skippy
Hell Bent for Leather
Posts: 2348
Joined: Wed May 19, 2010 7:12 pm
Location: Somewhere crap

Re: Next Announcement

Postby Skippy » Wed Apr 28, 2021 6:31 pm

Just listening to the podcast, apparently the Sunday Sophie headliner is coming soon - a British band that have played loads of times. My guess is Evil Scarecrow.
BANDS I LIKE FOR BLOODSTOCK!!!