Next Announcement

For general discussion of all things B.O.A.
Haldamir319
Hell Bent for Leather

Re: Next Announcement

Postby Haldamir319 » Tue Mar 09, 2021 1:19 pm

WitchHouse wrote:FUCK. Mercyful Fate was the main reason I bought a ticket last week.

Kreator is a pretty great replacement, but.... I've seen them 6 or 7 times. But NEVER seen MF.

I'll still go because, well, it's always an awesome weekend. And I do love Kreator. But I can't help feeling pretty gutted at the moment.

Just attend again in 2022 and see MF then too :)

JPMC
Warrior of Metal

Postby JPMC » Tue Mar 09, 2021 1:34 pm

I didn't intend to ruffle feathers with the miracles comment. I doubt there is much bloodstock can do if there are problems. Right now the team are balancing:

- Bands (and staff possibly?) physically able to get here with the travel restrictions in place
- The entire audience having received vaccinations prior to the event
- People engaging in some sort of test and trace system
- People being honest about the above
- People being confident that people are being honest about the above
- The variant strains, whether they are covered by the present vaccines or not and if they present any complications with opening up the world again

In fairness, none of this is in Bloodstock's control and like you I hope for the best too. However I don't think it's remotely time to count our chickens yet! Despite the overall feeling that we're back to business as usual, I don't think it's quite the case. Maybe by August it will be and you can all tell me I told you so. And I'll drink to that! But it's an awful lot to accomplish in 155 days!

Haldamir319
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby Haldamir319 » Tue Mar 09, 2021 1:42 pm

Bloodstock have said that unless there is an outright ban on the event, it will happen in some form within whatever guidelines they have. If there's restrictions to cap/bands etc it was implied they'd re-ticket for this year and roll the current tickets to 2022 when its B.A.U.

mike20070
Lowly Peon

Postby mike20070 » Tue Mar 09, 2021 2:02 pm

JPMC wrote:I didn't intend to ruffle feathers with the miracles comment. I doubt there is much bloodstock can do if there are problems. Right now the team are balancing:

- Bands (and staff possibly?) physically able to get here with the travel restrictions in place
- The variant strains, whether they are covered by the present vaccines or not and if they present any complications with opening up the world again

In fairness, none of this is in Bloodstock's control and like you I hope for the best too. However I don't think it's remotely time to count our chickens yet! Despite the overall feeling that we're back to business as usual, I don't think it's quite the case. Maybe by August it will be and you can all tell me I told you so. And I'll drink to that! But it's an awful lot to accomplish in 155 days!

No feathers ruffled here mate :)

There are plenty of things that can go wrong but I think so long as some super strain comes along, we should get a version of Bloodstock. Bloodstock has the benefit of being later than a lot of festivals, so it won't be the guinea pig.

Currently the questions are being asked about unlocking sooner, so the chances of the June date being pushed out seem reduced.

All with caveats, but we need to take the step eventually and the summer, when/if the cases are low and everyone has had at least 1 shot of a vaccine seems to be the ideal time.

Jay1993
Slayer of Wimps/Posers

Postby Jay1993 » Tue Mar 09, 2021 2:08 pm

Gutted to see some great bands like Unto Others, Exhumed, and Sacred Reich have had to pull out but I have absolutely no qualms with Kreator headlining! Buzzing to see Evile on the bill too - haven't seen them live since about 2009! :D

Skippy
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby Skippy » Tue Mar 09, 2021 2:27 pm

JPMC wrote:I didn't intend to ruffle feathers with the miracles comment. I doubt there is much bloodstock can do if there are problems. Right now the team are balancing:

I agree it seems so far away that everything will be fine in 155 days, but if the government keep there promise of having everyone vaccinated by July, and providing no superstrain comes along there's no reason why it can't. People seem to have this defeatist attitude when it comes to COVID, they can't imagine life without it anymore, but things will go back to normal eventually, even if it doesn't completely go away.
BANDS I LIKE FOR BLOODSTOCK!!!

Skippy
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby Skippy » Tue Mar 09, 2021 2:33 pm

Anyone else noticed Necrogoblikon have dropped off the lineup as well? Nothing's been said about them, I hope they haven't dropped out.

mike20070
Lowly Peon

Postby mike20070 » Tue Mar 09, 2021 3:50 pm

Skippy wrote:Anyone else noticed Necrogoblikon have dropped off the lineup as well? Nothing's been said about them, I hope they haven't dropped out.

That'd be a shame. I really like them.

metaldinosaur
Leather Rebel

Postby metaldinosaur » Tue Mar 09, 2021 9:07 pm

Kreator is a solid move. I'm not sure what to do now, they aren't a big deal to me the way MF are but they are a great band (one I've seen many times mind). Priest day or full ticket? Just don't know what to do.

Its a shame about Unto Others. And none of the other replacements do anything for me.
Welcome to a brave new world/ The future here or haven't you heard?

slayerslays
Consort of the Beast

Postby slayerslays » Tue Mar 09, 2021 11:28 pm

Nice to see Bloodshot Dawn back. The whole thing must be a logistical nightmare especially as there's an extra day! I don't mind if they fill up with home grown talent...it would be nice to see Seprivation for example

Skippy
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby Skippy » Wed Mar 10, 2021 12:38 am

Life of Agony are back as well - I guess they just haven't sorted the website yet.

Soze
Denim Demon

Postby Soze » Wed Mar 10, 2021 4:21 pm

The main reason I remain concerned is the amount of bands and ticket holders who travel to the event from overseas. At the moment large scale events are touted to be happening by June 21st at the earliest but even if things do go according to plan there's no guarantee they'll have gone so well in other countries. The Eden Project has just cancelled all of its planned outdoor gigs throughout June and July. I think Bloodstock has a chance, same for other August festivals such as Reading, Leeds, Beautiful Days etc. But it's still at the whim of the government and any scientific advice they receive closer to the time.

JPMC
Warrior of Metal

Postby JPMC » Thu Mar 11, 2021 7:14 am

Skippy wrote:

I agree it seems so far away that everything will be fine in 155 days, but if the government keep there promise of having everyone vaccinated by July, and providing no superstrain comes along there's no reason why it can't. People seem to have this defeatist attitude when it comes to COVID, they can't imagine life without it anymore, but things will go back to normal eventually, even if it doesn't completely go away.

Haha, I can assure you I am anything but defeatest. I really want this thing gone too! I want to get back out seeing gigs and playing them! And I'd really love a pint in a pub! I'd also love my lazy asshole workmates to come back off their furlough aka FREE PAID YEAR OFF so they can do some of my 12-14 hour workdays! I also REALLY want my gym to reopen. I have not paid penance to my second church in a year!

But I'm also a realist in that if it's going to be gone, let's make sure it's definitely gone and poses no more threat. I also have to bear in mind that myself and a couple of my compadres are immunocompromised. Luckily we've all had our shots (I've always wanted to be able to say that hahaha) but frankly we believed in BAU before during the summer and it spanked us.

I'm just cautious that we don't repeat events. While I'm sure those who are immuno compromised will take steps to protect themselves,

But I do hear you, there are those that don't want it to end. From what I can see, the furlough lovers watching netflix all day, trying to get me to play some online game with them while I'm doing their work. While I understand furlough types have their own problems frankly I'm envious of the paid year off everyone else seems to have had. And yep, I don't have any other words to describe it. I'm also mega pissed at how much most of them have simply wasted the time savagely! I'd have had three albums written by now! But I digress...

So yep, I really want it over, this year has been total suck. But like I say, I want it over properly.

Whatever bloodstock do is what they do. I do have a small hope that in 155 days we'll all be in a field, on a bright Thursday morning (or Wednesday rather) with a load of camping gear and far too much beer. (Actually I'll stay on the coffee if that's cool)

mike20070
Lowly Peon

Postby mike20070 » Thu Mar 11, 2021 11:57 am

JPMC wrote:
Skippy wrote:

Haha, I can assure you I am anything but defeatest. I really want this thing gone too! I want to get back out seeing gigs and playing them! And I'd really love a pint in a pub! I'd also love my lazy asshole workmates to come back off their furlough aka FREE PAID YEAR OFF so they can do some of my 12-14 hour workdays! I also REALLY want my gym to reopen. I have not paid penance to my second church in a year!

But I'm also a realist in that if it's going to be gone, let's make sure it's definitely gone and poses no more threat. I also have to bear in mind that myself and a couple of my compadres are immunocompromised. Luckily we've all had our shots (I've always wanted to be able to say that hahaha) but frankly we believed in BAU before during the summer and it spanked us.

I'm just cautious that we don't repeat events. While I'm sure those who are immuno compromised will take steps to protect themselves,

But I do hear you, there are those that don't want it to end. From what I can see, the furlough lovers watching netflix all day, trying to get me to play some online game with them while I'm doing their work. While I understand furlough types have their own problems frankly I'm envious of the paid year off everyone else seems to have had. And yep, I don't have any other words to describe it. I'm also mega pissed at how much most of them have simply wasted the time savagely! I'd have had three albums written by now! But I digress...

So yep, I really want it over, this year has been total suck. But like I say, I want it over properly.

Whatever bloodstock do is what they do. I do have a small hope that in 155 days we'll all be in a field, on a bright Thursday morning (or Wednesday rather) with a load of camping gear and far too much beer. (Actually I'll stay on the coffee if that's cool)

It's never going to be gone, so it's all down to managing it with vaccines; which will in the short term probably mean you have to do one of either test to get in or prove you've had a jab.

Skippy
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby Skippy » Thu Mar 11, 2021 12:58 pm

JPMC wrote:
Skippy wrote:

Didn't mean to offend. I agree with you mostly - the government don't have the best track record with dealing with this virus, and there's no reason to think they'll get it right this time. Yet there's also no real reason to think they aren't - the vaccinations are proceeding on target, and seem to be effective enough to stop the spread. The worry is the virus will mutate and render the vaccination less effective, but from what that's not really happening. Still months to go yet, but from I've seen the science says there's no reason not to think Bloodstock will be absolutely fine. COVID won't be gone, it probably won't be gone completely for decades, but hopefully we're in a decent enough space for gigs by then.

I'm one of those "furlough lovers" - I must say, I think its one of the best things the government have done, helping to keep people in jobs. Personally, I was overworked, ready to quit my job before COVID came along, so the year off has really helped me. That said, the lazy life has gotten boring and I really need to get back to work.