Next Announcement

For general discussion of all things B.O.A.
Nicktrix
Powermetal Child

Re: Next Announcement

Postby Nicktrix » Tue Aug 11, 2020 3:32 pm

i0th2 wrote:
henryburch4 wrote:has there been any confrmation on if pl are still doing draconian ? , as as much as i love the album and it was one of my gateway albums i feel a normal set with stuff of obsidian would go perfectly with the run of pl dimmu and mf

The mention of Draconian Times was dropped from the poster when this year's fest was cancelled so I don't think they're doing it anymore, certainly not seen it mentioned as such a set since.

One of the festival team confirmed on Facebook earlier that they would be playing Draconium Times’

Jay1993
Knight of the Eemerald Svord

Postby Jay1993 » Tue Aug 11, 2020 9:07 pm

Can't argue with Mercyful Fate; heavily requested on here and makes perfect sense as an alternative to Behemoth. I'm quite surprised they've opted for two "classic" headliners tbf - I was half expecting them to go for someone contemporary like Volbeat!

Chuffed with the announcement, although the lack of Idle Hands on the bill is still worrying me :lol:

Skippy
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby Skippy » Tue Aug 11, 2020 9:57 pm

Nicktrix wrote:
i0th2 wrote:
henryburch4 wrote:has there been any confrmation on if pl are still doing draconian ? , as as much as i love the album and it was one of my gateway albums i feel a normal set with stuff of obsidian would go perfectly with the run of pl dimmu and mf

The mention of Draconian Times was dropped from the poster when this year's fest was cancelled so I don't think they're doing it anymore, certainly not seen it mentioned as such a set since.

One of the festival team confirmed on Facebook earlier that they would be playing Draconium Times’

That's a shame, I'd rather hear them play stuff from their new album to be honest
BANDS I LIKE FOR BLOODSTOCK!!!

bloodfiend
Denim Demon

Postby bloodfiend » Wed Aug 12, 2020 9:12 am

Skippy wrote:
Nicktrix wrote:
i0th2 wrote:

That's a shame, I'd rather hear them play stuff from their new album to be honest

Yeah it does seem a bit lazy that they're doing DT, as they've previously done a tour playing the whole thing, and they've recently released a lot of very strong albums.

Everything since Tragic Idol has been high quality, they don't need to do a retro set.

i0th2
Definitely Not Nu

Postby i0th2 » Wed Aug 12, 2020 12:49 pm

Interesting line in the Mercyful Fate news

BLOODSTOCK’s 2021 other main stage headliners include DEVIN TOWNSEND (Friday) and JUDAS PRIEST (Sunday). Headliners for Thursday are yet to be announced.

That would indicate NFO are no longer headlining Thursday or have been moved to Wednesday. I wonder if with no main stage on Thursday we'll get a bigger band to headline in the Sophie stage.

fluffkitten
Paster of Muppets

Postby fluffkitten » Wed Aug 12, 2020 1:12 pm

NFO and the rest of the Thursday line up have been moved to Wednesday leaving Thursday empty so far.
a caffeine addict and known hater of mornings :coffee:

Haldamir319
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby Haldamir319 » Thu Aug 13, 2020 8:00 am

fluffkitten wrote:NFO and the rest of the Thursday line up have been moved to Wednesday leaving Thursday empty so far.

I've been trying to find out about that myself. When I asked, the response I got was along the lines of 'maybe moved, maybe split across the two'.

Bizza
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby Bizza » Fri Aug 14, 2020 2:59 am

Haldamir319 wrote:
fluffkitten wrote:NFO and the rest of the Thursday line up have been moved to Wednesday leaving Thursday empty so far.

I've been trying to find out about that myself. When I asked, the response I got was along the lines of 'maybe moved, maybe split across the two'.

Who knows, I just hope Bossk reappear at some point on one of those days.
BOA - '07, '08, '09, '10, '11, '12, '13, '14, '15, '16, '17, '18,' 19.
Warhorns '12 '15 '16
WOA - '15
Damnation - '12
Download - '16 (Never fucking again)

Smerphy
Leather Rebel

Postby Smerphy » Fri Aug 14, 2020 7:59 am

If NFO aren't headlining the Thursday I hope we get Witchcraft headlining the Sophie in that day.
Gandalf the Red wrote:
Fjar wrote:Guy on the far-right has just remembered he left the oven on.

That comment can be read very diffferently than what was meant. :lol:

Haldamir319
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby Haldamir319 » Fri Aug 14, 2020 10:22 am

Vicky did an interview with one of the chaps behind Damnation. Interesting watch/listen -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NvMXQia ... vmqEWKyAa0

Confirmed that two headliners for 2022 are already locked in (they were meant to be at 2021 and would have been announced at 2020). Also said that they'll have Behemoth in a heartbeat and if they are available for 2022 then the offer would be there.

henryburch4
Powermetal Child

Postby henryburch4 » Fri Aug 14, 2020 10:41 am

Haldamir319 wrote:Vicky did an interview with one of the chaps behind Damnation. Interesting watch/listen -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NvMXQia ... vmqEWKyAa0

Confirmed that two headliners for 2022 are already locked in (they were meant to be at 2021 and would have been announced at 2020). Also said that they'll have Behemoth in a heartbeat and if they are available for 2022 then the offer would be there.

was a rewal good listen, also crazy about wizard as they are my dream sophie headliner...sophie would become a hotbox though ...

henryburch4
Powermetal Child

Postby henryburch4 » Fri Aug 14, 2020 10:42 am

also the end statement im pretty sure she is on about code orange ..... poss hatebreed

Skippy
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby Skippy » Fri Aug 14, 2020 12:43 pm

Pretty interesting listen. I still get the feeling she doesn't have a clue about power metal. It just depends how which bands you get.

That statement at the end could be Idle Hands or Bossk - both would be pretty obvious if you said the genre. Its probably Hatebreed though - I get the feeling they'll headline the extra day.
Last edited by Skippy on Mon Aug 17, 2020 11:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
BANDS I LIKE FOR BLOODSTOCK!!!

Haldamir319
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby Haldamir319 » Fri Aug 14, 2020 12:58 pm

henryburch4 wrote:also the end statement im pretty sure she is on about code orange ..... poss hatebreed

My guess is Hatebreed. I can't see who else was on the bill that they haven't re-announced yet, would be one described as asked for a fair bit. Idle Hands at a push maybe?

Haldamir319
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby Haldamir319 » Fri Aug 14, 2020 1:37 pm

Another interesting tidbit, 92% of 2020 ticket holders rolled over and they have sold 78% of their 2021 tickets already thanks to it. Apparently when they announced the postponement they actually had a spike in ticket sales.