Next Announcement

For general discussion of all things B.O.A.
cheesemason
Slayer of Wimps/Posers

Re: Next Announcement

Postby cheesemason » Fri Oct 11, 2019 2:25 pm

Final two headliners to be announced before Halloween according to Facebook

At least I'll have a good chance of deciding on early bird tickets once all three have been announced

Bagpuss66
Lowly Peon

Postby Bagpuss66 » Fri Oct 11, 2019 2:40 pm

cheesemason wrote:Final two headliners to be announced before Halloween according to Facebook

At least I'll have a good chance of deciding on early bird tickets once all three have been announced

I'd imagine it's Priest and Mercyful Fate.

jwh20
Slayer of Wimps/Posers

Postby jwh20 » Fri Oct 11, 2019 3:00 pm

Priest, Mercyful Fate and Devin Townsend is perfect for me.

But I'm fully expecting some absolute gash like Volbeat and Killswitch Engage.

houston4044
Denim Demon

Postby houston4044 » Fri Oct 11, 2019 3:03 pm

Bagpuss66 wrote:
cheesemason wrote:Final two headliners to be announced before Halloween according to Facebook

I'd imagine it's Priest and Mercyful Fate.

So how does that fit in with tours etc as that can dictate who can/can't be announced.

Does the Ozzy postponement until probably after BOA prevent Priest?
FFDP have their tour in January (though seems to have sold well already)
Fate have already announced for other fests
KSE will finish their tour by then
Volbeat tour has finished

off the top of my head

Fourducks
Lowly Peon

Postby Fourducks » Fri Oct 11, 2019 3:11 pm

Devin/Priest/Fate would be an immense headliner line-up for me but I can't see them putting on 3 genuinely good metal bands as headliners all in one year so I assume there may be some weight to the Killswitch Engage theory. I'd absolutely love to see Mercyful Fate at BS but I feel like it's gonna be another brilliant opportunity like Helloween/Demons & Wizards that they skip on to incorporate more metalcore into the festival.
Attended: 2012, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, [2019]

fluffkitten
Paster of Muppets

Postby fluffkitten » Fri Oct 11, 2019 4:42 pm

Of the guesses people are making Priest are the only one I'd enjoy. MF are fine until King Diamond opens his mouth, can't stand his voice.
a caffeine addict and known hater of mornings :coffee:

Jay1993
Knight of the Eemerald Svord

Postby Jay1993 » Fri Oct 11, 2019 4:43 pm

I'm still going with Behemoth and Priest as headliners given that most of Slipknot's dates with Behemoth seemed to have sold out already. The postponement of the Ozzy/Priest tour may also mean that Priest can bring the announcement forward seems as it won't affect ticket sales for now. Both would be pretty safe bookings in terms of appealing to the typical Bloodstock-er too. Killswitch could be a possibility though as their last UK date is 20th October...

Skippy
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby Skippy » Fri Oct 11, 2019 4:58 pm

I'd be really shocked if Behemoth or Mercyful Fate were headliners, I'd say both would work better as special guests. I'd guess Killswitch (although I think that would be a letdown, they aren't as big or special as other bands they could get) for Saturday, Priest or Megadave for Sunday.
BANDS I LIKE FOR BLOODSTOCK!!!

gazsetsfire
Consort of the Beast

Postby gazsetsfire » Fri Oct 11, 2019 6:55 pm

I still think Amon Amarth will be in there somewhere.
Obviously their dates are late November but I guess they could be announced a few weeks before

varangian
Consort of the Beast

Postby varangian » Sat Oct 12, 2019 12:19 pm

Mercyful Fate/King Diamond, Helloween, Saxon, Amon Amarth, ZZ Top, Alice Cooper, Accept, Judas Priest : If at least two of these are not in the headline/SG/hour slot and substituted with sub-Copping hipster metal bands then BOA can GTF next year

Watching some piss awful shouty version of Holy Diver is not what envisage for this "20 year anniversary"

Baldy77
Warrior of Metal

Postby Baldy77 » Sat Oct 12, 2019 1:32 pm

Probably be a band that surprises and disappoints haha

Methuen
Warrior of Metal

Postby Methuen » Sat Oct 12, 2019 4:30 pm

varangian wrote:Mercyful Fate/King Diamond, Helloween, Saxon, Amon Amarth, ZZ Top, Alice Cooper, Accept, Judas Priest : If at least two of these are not in the headline/SG/hour slot and substituted with sub-Copping hipster metal bands then BOA can GTF next year

Watching some piss awful shouty version of Holy Diver is not what envisage for this "20 year anniversary"

But they're the fUtUre oF MetAl ! Bands like Jinjer are where it's going !

:lol:
Indoor 2005, 2006
BOA 2008, 2018, 2019

metalicbear
Consort of the Beast

Postby metalicbear » Sat Oct 12, 2019 5:32 pm

Bands who are touring now, who could be announced-

Machine Head
Killswitch Engage
The Cult
Ghost
Black Star Riders
Dragonforce
King 810
Electric Wizard
Life of Agony
Annihilator
Entombed AD
Aborted
Beyond the Black

J.Ross29
Powermetal Child

Postby J.Ross29 » Sat Oct 12, 2019 9:47 pm

Methuen wrote:
varangian wrote:Mercyful Fate/King Diamond, Helloween, Saxon, Amon Amarth, ZZ Top, Alice Cooper, Accept, Judas Priest : If at least two of these are not in the headline/SG/hour slot and substituted with sub-Copping hipster metal bands then BOA can GTF next year

But they're the fUtUre oF MetAl ! Bands like Jinjer are where it's going !

:lol:

I get the joke and all that but when the old guard inevitably pass away these will be the bands that will stock the line up of festivals. So...yeah, they are the future of metal!

Methuen
Warrior of Metal

Postby Methuen » Sun Oct 13, 2019 8:29 am

J.Ross29 wrote: :lol:

I get the joke and all that but when the old guard inevitably pass away these will be the bands that will stock the line up of festivals. So...yeah, they are the future of metal![/quote]

Not to come over all metal archives, but really ? there's plenty of life in the metal-metal scene (even thrash !) outside of screamocore - & I can't really see someone like Parkway Drive or Architects, big as they are now commercially, touring the world in 20 years time in a 747 with their name down the side ? or anyone arguing about the proficiency of their guitarists, vocalists, drummers, relative to the greats ?

It just reminds of me how rap metal was the future 20 years ago, now they're all washed up on the millennial nostalgia pile, along with the Spice Girls and Adidas.
Indoor 2005, 2006
BOA 2008, 2018, 2019